PDA

View Full Version : Ghost Hammock - DIY ultralight hammock

SGT Rock
2011-12-09, 17:38
I've uploaded a video about my newest hammock. Attached are the directions to build your own if you are interested in making one.
4MGX0VEFUSI

Skidsteer
2011-12-09, 17:52
Hey Rock, will you make me one of those? :biggrin:

SGT Rock
2011-12-09, 18:08
Fuck you.

Hog On Ice
2011-12-09, 18:11
+1 for Rock

SGT Rock
2011-12-09, 18:13
Next project is the HOI hammock stand.

Skidsteer
2011-12-09, 18:27
Fuck you.

Hehehehe.

john pickett
2011-12-10, 06:44
Sarge, maybe you could make a hammock stand out of Skids. Submerge him in liquid N2 or some other suitable liquid. Course you might have to subdue him first.
If you submerge him in liquid O2, you can cut small pieces of him off for firestarter.

SGT Rock
2011-12-10, 10:01
Based on some viewer questions, the UCRs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pu76pievGDU

pu76pievGDU

JERMM
2011-12-10, 21:24
Rock- have you tried making a hammock out of Cuben Fiber yet

Bearpaw
2011-12-10, 21:35

Is all cuben fabric waterproof? I've only heard of tarps, but a hammock of the same stuff would be awfully sweaty and loud with crinkling.

SGT Rock
2011-12-10, 22:27

No. I read on HF where some one tried that and had a totally unexpected catastrophic failure. That stuff is too expensive to play like that.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

SGT Rock
2011-12-10, 22:29
Is all cuben fabric waterproof? I've only heard of tarps, but a hammock of the same stuff would be awfully sweaty and loud with crinkling.

I think so. But I recently head of "breathable " cuben.

Hog On Ice
2011-12-10, 22:30
didn't Risk try it several years ago also - not sure what his ultimate result was however

SGT Rock
2011-12-10, 23:01
It wasn't risk I was thinking of. I didn't know about that one. The one I was thinking of was Mountainfitter

I'm tapatalkin' ya'll

john pickett
2011-12-11, 06:42
Lucille Ball made a husband out of a cuben. Look how that turned out.

Bearpaw
2011-12-11, 10:49

She got some 'splainin' to do!

JERMM
2011-12-11, 13:12

as far as i know it's all waterproof

I think so. But I recently head of "breathable " cuben.

i've heard Zpacks has some breathable, but yeah too expensive to play around with

Crikey
2011-12-12, 16:51

http://craphound.com/images/Lucy.jpg

john pickett
2011-12-13, 22:45
Wow, I was 2years and 10 months old when that ad ran. Suddenly I feel my age. Drat!

Skidsteer
2011-12-13, 22:50
WTH is a cigarette hangover?

Superman
2011-12-14, 01:40
Wow, I was 2years and 10 months old when that ad ran. Suddenly I feel my age. Drat!

AT LEAST YOU AREN'T AS OLD AS LUG NUT.:angel:

Lugnut
2011-12-14, 09:22
Who is Ricky Arnaz? :angel:

john pickett
2011-12-14, 11:52
"Who is Ricky Arnaz"
"Little" Ricky is Lucy and Desi's son and actually appeared in some of their later shows.

john pickett
2011-12-14, 11:54
And no, I didn't google or look up on wikipedia. I watched the shows on my family's black and white analog tv set. (before analog was a word)

Crikey
2011-12-14, 17:11
WTH is a cigarette hangover?

From the looks of Desi it means you won't be wearing as much lipstick as your wife.

chumpchange
2011-12-14, 21:38
http://i1109.photobucket.com/albums/h426/clownbird/fag.jpg

Roche
2011-12-14, 22:19
That's gay.

JAK
2011-12-14, 22:59
I loved Lucy. She was awesome.
Would have loved to see her do a video on hammocking.

I got myself a hammock at Marden's in Maine btw. Forget what I paid but it was under $20.
It`s called a Traveller Lite by Byer. 11oz, with the stuff sack. Maximum load 250, and I`m about 210, and it feels pretty sketchy. Having alot of fun with it so far.

Might try some winter setup in the backyard this weekend as its going down to -14C, which is like $7 US or something like that. That oughta get me closer to the 250 limit, with wind chill. I`ll probably stay up thinking about all the possible modes of failure.

Got a 20F 550 down sleeping bag for $50 also. Marden`s again. 40oz Kelty. It`s a snug fit, and fits inside my 0F Synthetic Bag, which weighs something like 62oz. I would like to see if I can get down to -20F comfortably and -30F safely with the two combined, but not in the hammock. Not sure what to do with the hammock for winter yet as I have no underquilt. Gonna try the blue foam pad thing for starters.

Rosaleen
2012-01-03, 05:52
Hey, SGT Rock!

Getting back to the Green Ghost, I have a question about the "foot box." Is it just a triangular piece, sewn onto the hem near the bottom long edge and spot-reinforced at junctions? It looked in your video to work well, but I would expect it to feel odd at the seam.

Also, do you plan to use a bug net for part of the year?

I have this fantasy of putting together a kit of entirely homemade UL gear. Fun stuff!

Thanks,

Rosaleen

SGT Rock
2012-01-03, 20:44
Yes, is is basically just a triangle sewn onto the edge with a re-enforcement patch. I don't notice it at the seam. Someone at HF recommended just cutting the one side with the triangle already attached so there is one less seam which makes sense to me. I'm in no way a pro at sewing.

For a bug net I made one of these: http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24029

I've also played with making a winter version of this which seems to work well to make a bubble of warm air around my head.

SGT Rock
2012-01-03, 20:45
Oh, and I just found our e-mail from Christmas in my SPAM folder. Sorry about that.

Rosaleen
2012-01-03, 22:33
Pretty slick!

I looked at the bug net at HF, and agree: I am likely to have at least a sheet of some sort over me. I'm thinking that I will carry a length of permethrin-treated silk in the summer to use a a top sheet as well as a skirt in camp and maybe town. You know how I am about making everything multi-use. I'm thinking of not trimming away the corners of the bug net. I will have to do some playing with it. Keeping the corners may make it easier to repurpose the bug net if I set up in a shelter, say if a lightning storm hits and I decide to stay there.

I used to figure that a hammock between trees might be a safe enough spot, as there is no direct ground connection. Well, a wet nylon rope just may conduct more than I expect. After seeing people jump up from metal framed wooden chairs inside a covered summer pavillion when lightning hit at least 50 feet away, I am a bit more worried about lightning strikes. That blast obviously carried through the ground and through the cement floor!

I bought one of those Klimit X-frame short matts last summer for summer backup as well as travel. It worked way better than I expected in the back of my car when I decided to pull over and nap before driving off of the road accidentally. The next time I'm stranded in an airport or at a friend's with a hard mattress or floor, I will be prepared.

Thanks for the explanations, and I hope it is OK that I re-hijacked the thread back to your Green Ghost hammock. I guess I have re-diverted it with the air mattress. <w>

Rosaleen

Rosaleen
2012-01-03, 22:34
Wah, I'm reduced to SPAM!!!!

Happy New Year!

Rosaleen

SGT Rock
2012-01-17, 20:24
Rosaleen asked for some photos of how some parts go together. Some other folks might be interested, so here goes:

The first picture is the tail end of the UCR. It is 1/2" cord buried into itself to prevent it accidentally getting pulled through the bury of the anchor part. The UCRs are made from Dynaglide.

The second picture is the eye of the UCR where it attaches to the tree strap. The eye is 2" long (4" folded in half) and has 2" of bury.

The third picture is the anchor end of the UCR passed through the channel on the end of the hammock and then passed through the eye on that end of the hammock. This eye is 1" long (2" folded in half) and has 2" bury.

The fourth picture shows the soft shackle prussic on the head end of the hammock. It is loose and open to better show it. This is made with 10" of Zing-it. For a pictorial of how to make a soft shackle prussic see this thread: http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/showthread.php?t=18608&highlight=soft+shackle+prussic

The fifth picture is the prussic in its normal position against the head end of the hammock.

SGT Rock
2012-01-17, 20:32
Continuing.

The sixth picture is the foot end of the hammock. The ridge line is made from 85" Zing-it. Each end has eyes that are 1" long (2" folded in half) and have 1" bury. It is attached to the suspension with a larks head.

The seventh picture is the head end of the ridge line. The soft shackle prussic is closed into the eye to make the ridge complete.

The eighth picture is a shot of the UCR where the tail come out from the bury and a water redirect on the line between that and the head (or foot) end of the hammock.

The ninth picture is the top of the anchor for the UCR. There is about 1" of line past the end of the bury, and then about 1/2" folded back over and buried to secure the UCR to the zip tie which goes around the silicone tubing.

louisianahiker
2012-01-27, 07:57
Good one

Hog On Ice
2012-06-09, 12:31
Rock - I've been thinking about the function of the plastic tubing on the UCR and have been wondering if the same function could be done with a taut line hitch possibly with an extra wrap or two - it would require a little more of a tail line but would eliminate the tubing and zip tie. I am assuming the function is to hold the tail with a relatively small amount of frictional force so that the constriction section doesn't loosen up unexpectedly.

Big Mac
2012-06-09, 13:04
Rock - I've been thinking about the function of the plastic tubing on the UCR and have been wondering if the same function could be done with a taut line hitch possibly with an extra wrap or two - it would require a little more of a tail line but would eliminate the tubing and zip tie. I am assuming the function is to hold the tail with a relatively small amount of frictional force so that the constriction section doesn't loosen up unexpectedly.

Damn HOI, you sound like the nutty professor. :-)

Hog On Ice
2012-06-09, 13:12
one an enginerd always an enginerd

Big Mac
2012-06-09, 13:17
I'm sure that is true. Now I feel bad for you.

SGT Rock
2012-06-09, 17:07

Maybe.

IT COULD WORK!
(What movie is that from?)

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

Hog On Ice
2012-06-09, 17:12
the first one that came to mind was Weird Science - a nerd movie from the 80's

Hog On Ice
2012-06-09, 17:20
oh well the time frame was about decade earlier - googled the answer

Hog On Ice
2012-06-22, 14:06
going to attempt to make the UCR soon - got Dynaglide and the whoopie hooks I think I need - what size fixed loop do you think I need for the whoopie hook? - I'm thinking just a 0.5 inch loop would be just enough for the hook

SGT Rock
2012-06-22, 15:03
Sounds like what I use. I don't do locked brummels either - I back stitch everything.

HikingDude62
2012-08-15, 00:57
I'm 5' 10" would the dimensions of the Ghost fit me? Do I need to make it larger, if so, how much and does the triangular piece also need to be bigger?

Cuffs
2012-08-15, 08:44
What's your inseam?

sheepdog
2012-08-15, 20:56
hahahahahahaha

Hog On Ice
2012-11-17, 04:30
one thing I have been wondering about - could the hammock be made more narrow (lighter) if in addition to the foot box a "head box" was also used?

SGT Rock
2012-11-18, 15:47
one thing I have been wondering about - could the hammock be made more narrow (lighter) if in addition to the foot box a "head box" was also used?

Yes it could, I did it. But it will eventually fail because of the stress put on the side you normally get in and out of. It also isn't very comfortable for sitting sideways in.

Hog On Ice
2012-11-18, 16:18
well wrt sitting sideways I have found that the foot line helps greatly - gets the legs up so that the edge of the hammock does not dig into the back of the legs

as for the stress put on the side - here I think maybe extra reinforcement might get pass that issue but then one may lose the weight advantage of going with a more narrow main body depending on how much of the edge would be reinforced with some ribbon

SGT Rock
2012-11-18, 16:33
well wrt sitting sideways I have found that the foot line helps greatly - gets the legs up so that the edge of the hammock does not dig into the back of the legs

as for the stress put on the side - here I think maybe extra reinforcement might get pass that issue but then one may lose the weight advantage of going with a more narrow main body depending on how much of the edge would be reinforced with some ribbon

That is the same conclusion I came to. The other option is to do a shoulder side like UK hammocks does so you can release it when you are not sleeping, and only do it up when you go to bed for the night. I don't know if there are any implications to that in practice that would make it not work right over time. For now I have re-done my green ghost with a UK hammocks style footbox area and replaced the fabric with some scrap nanoseeum. It was a slight weight increase because of the extra reinforcement that you have to do if you make the footbox area like UKHammocks. In case you haven't seen it, this video shows it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6mjv0wU9fM

It starts at about minute 5:00.

atraildreamer
2012-11-18, 18:09
Rock...where did you find that goofy-looking guy to star in your videos? :confused2 ...Oh! Never mind... :creep: :biggrin:

sheepdog
2012-11-18, 21:55
Rock...where did you find that goofy-looking guy to star in your videos? :confused2 ...Oh! Never mind... :creep: :biggrin:

now that's funny right there.

Hog On Ice
2012-11-24, 20:46
the extra fabric piece attached to form the footbox - is the long edge in line with the grid lines? - that is to say its not cut on the bias on the high stress edge?

also - what did Dutch think about the UCRs?

SGT Rock
2012-11-26, 11:46
The fabric is sewn in with the long edge becoming the new edge of the hammock. The medium length edge is sewn to the hammock starting at the end, then you do a 90 degree turn and sew the short end up the side of the hammock. I always put a re-enforcement on the very last point where there is going to be some stress.

SGT Rock
2012-11-26, 12:57
Oh, and I haven't heard from Dutch lately.

Hog On Ice
2013-01-07, 16:20
well I finished up my version of the Ghost Hammock - feels as good as the larger Hennessy - I made it slightly longer than yours Rock and with 1.9 rip stop so its a bit heavier

hammock weight - 8.29 oz
suspension weight - 3.77 oz
stuff sack - 1.09 oz
total 13.15 oz
the suspension is 4 ft by 1 inch seat belt webbing and 6 ft DynaGlide UCRs

SGT Rock
2013-01-07, 16:43
Sweet. You bringing it to SoRuck?

SGT Rock
2013-01-07, 18:39
Finally got my internet back up. HOI, I just uploaded a video this morning which shows my slight change in my Ghost:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLIuC-kEnpE

Hog On Ice
2013-01-07, 18:59
Sweet. You bringing it to SoRuck?

sure thing

Hog On Ice
2013-01-09, 22:35
Finally got my internet back up. HOI, I just uploaded a video this morning which shows my slight change in my Ghost:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLIuC-kEnpE

Rock, what size is the bug net piece - you mentioned about 30 inches for length but what is the length of the two ends?

SGT Rock
2013-01-09, 23:06
Good question. Give me a second.

SGT Rock
2013-01-09, 23:14
Finished dimensions: 31" x 11.5" x 34.5" x 2.5". The pointier end is about 6.5" from the end of the hammock, and the tie in point for the cord is 52" from the end.

Hog On Ice
2013-01-09, 23:18
thanks - I'm thinking about making one of that version of the ghost hammock also

SGT Rock
2013-01-09, 23:33
I've got a Ghost I made from that cammo material I got on a group buy. It's lighter than my current ghost, but it had too much stretch for me. But I've been thinking of re-building it to try one of my success/fails again.

One of my prototypes had a sewn in foot box on both sides and was extra short - less than 100" if I remember. It was extra comfortable and light, but it was doomed to fail, and it did so on me during a BMT hike a couple years back. I made skeeter a similar one for his room which lasted longer, but it failed the exact same way. The problem is the perimeter of the hammock is shorter than the body. When you sit in it, there is extra stress on that edge, and eventually it is going to fail. Just the other day a guy on HF said he sewed a channel all the way around the side of his ghost type hammock and ran zing-it down that channel to support the edge. Now I am thinking if I did that around both edges, that the zing-it, and not the material, would take the stress and preserve the hammock body. Thoughts?

Hog On Ice
2013-01-09, 23:55
well what I was thinking was similar with having the bug net footbox on both sides but having a way to tension it after getting in the hammock so that as one gets in or out it is like the current ghost hammock but after getting in the user could tension up the second footbox (head box?) - to get out the user releases the tension on the head box before getting out

SGT Rock
2013-01-10, 00:02
I've been calling it a shoulder box, but head box gets the point across. I think that the solution for that might just be a dutch Ti ridge line clip with cords set to it that could be adjusted if needed. That way you are not trying to tie the knot while laying in it on that side. You could just clip it in. The question is just how strong does it need to be? 2 x body weight?

Hog On Ice
2013-01-10, 00:14
its a possibility but I was thinking more of the effect of shaping the main hammock body to give a bit flatter lay. As for the adjustment itself I don't think its too much of a problem if using a variant of the adjustable loop - for example have the permanent larks head loop sewn on the hammock and the two lines going through the larks head would be tied at the edge of the bug net part - in action it would be a slight sit-up in the hammock to grab the tails then tension by laying down holding the tails then lock in place with a simple overhand or a bow knot - I this case I would probably use the overhand knot - to release sit up grab tails increase tension slightly so one can get a finger behind the overhand knot then lay down letting the overhand knot work out from the larks head - if the overhand knot can be left in at all times its is easy to tension and release tension just by moving the position of the overhand knot toward or away from the larks head - difficult to describe in words unfortunately

SGT Rock
2013-01-10, 00:18
... difficult to describe in words unfortunatelyYep. You lost me.

Hog On Ice
2013-01-10, 00:20
I'll try to get something together by the ruck

SGT Rock
2013-01-10, 00:30
Sweet. Me too, then we can compare Frankenhammocks.

I think I am going to shoot for converting my cammo ghost over to this idea. I'll put two bugnet "boxes" in on opposite sides and do a dynaglide hem cord with brummels on both ends of the long side, and on one end of the short side for the adjustable line. For a standard set up it will have the footbox stay in place unless you just want it out or want to change it, and the other side will be done so that it can be taken in or out depending on what you want. Maybe using a dutch biner. I don't know right now. Now I gotta find that hammock...

SGT Rock
2013-01-10, 12:18
HOI, here is the prototype I cobbled together last night.

General comments:

1. Wow, forgot how light this material was. Stretch from this may be an issue.

2. I think my hem cords are probably overkill. 200lb fishing line may do it.

3. The exit holes for the cords on the hem may need re-enforcement as this is a stress point.

4. IT COULD WORK!

http://youtu.be/YSPLfIoJDb8

SGT Rock
2013-01-10, 13:20
HOI, knot help please.

I'm looking for a knot that wouldn't be too hard to tie to a carabiner real quick and untie fairly easy say with like a quick release, but also not slip or get pulled tight into itself.

sheepdog
2013-01-10, 13:25
HOI, knot help please.

I'm looking for a knot that wouldn't be too hard to tie to a carabiner real quick and untie fairly easy say with like a quick release, but also not slip or get pulled tight into itself.

marriage??

john pickett
2013-01-10, 14:50
SD, How you going to tie a marriage to a 'biner?
Wouldn't that be hard on the back?

Hog On Ice
2013-01-10, 15:53
the slipped bunt line hitch is the one that comes to mind first for example http://www.netknots.com/rope_knots/slipped-buntline/

SGT Rock
2013-01-10, 15:56
That looks perfect. I'm going to try it out.

Hog On Ice
2013-01-10, 16:06
if this is for the ghost hammock you may want to consider what I'll be doing - Ive gone away from the variation of the adjustable loop based on how easy it looked in your video - now the plan is to have a short cord with a knob knot on the end at the tie point on the hammock and to have a short loop at the edge of the bug net plus a slip knot over the loop - to attach put knob knot into loop and slide slip knot up to end of loop to lock it in place - to release slide slip knot away from end and push knob through the loop - note the slip knot is tied with a separate short piece of line

easy knob knot is to tie a slip knot and then tuck the loose short end into the loop and tighten it all down

slip knot: http://www.animatedknots.com/slip/index.php

D'Artagnan
2013-01-10, 16:08
if this is for the ghost hammock you may want to consider what I'll be doing - Ive gone away from the variation of the adjustable loop based on how easy it looked in your video - now the plan is to have a short cord with a knob knot on the end at the tie point on the hammock and to have a short loop at the edge of the bug net plus a slip knot over the loop - to attach put knob knot into loop and slide slip knot up to end of loop to lock it in place - to release slide slip knot away from end and push knob through the loop - note the slip knot is tied with a separate short piece of line

easy knob knot is to tie a slip knot and then tuck the loose short end into the loop and tighten it all down

I now know what it feels like to be the dumb kid in class.

Hog On Ice
2013-01-10, 16:11
btw - sewing this remarkable bug netting is very fussy and my hands don't do fussy well at all - 1 down and 1 to go

SGT Rock
2013-01-10, 16:19

Interesting idea. I have replaced those lines with 200lb bugnet and have eliminated the dutch biner on the back side since I rarely remove or change this. The buntline looks like it will work. On the other side I still have a dutch biner but have thought about a toggle or something. The slip knot thing might work for that. The main thing I find I don't like now is the dutch biners, though light, don't open easy. I've got the hammock weight down to 5.33 ounces, getting less than 1.5 ounces from my cuben hammock weight.

That net isn't easy to sew. Luckily there isn't much to sew.

Hog On Ice
2013-01-10, 17:22
well I'm to the point of attaching the foot box then I'll have to hang it to get the shoulder box positioned for me - looks like it won't be until tomorrow before I get everything together and even then I have to figure out what to do about the underquilt - the one I have is not really a good fit for these hammocks

john pickett
2013-01-11, 11:30
"I now know what it feels like to be the dumb kid in class"
I'm with you. This is as bad as reading a technical discussion of new batteries and battery testers on Candlepower Forums.
Where's that aspirin bottle?

sheepdog
2013-01-11, 13:42
Seems like Ghost Hammock should be the name of a fighter pilot.

Hog On Ice
2013-01-12, 14:00
I found that the knob knot I wanted to use didn't hold as well as desired so I replaced it with a button - the button worked fine and I don't need the slip knot to keep it in place

the hammock itself is OK - I made it a bit small with ~9 ft of fabric for the bottom (started with ten then chopped off about a foot) - I felt I needed a ridge line to set a serious sag angle so I put on one of my longer UCRs and adjusted until it seemed to take some of the stress off the sides - ended up with a 78 inch ridge length - I'll probably play with this a few times before I make a fixed length ridge line - the lay of the hammock is comfortable in general but it feels a little confining the way it comes up firmly against my sides

weight without ridge line or suspension is 8.01 ounces

I definitely see some advantages in the smaller size letting me get into smaller hammock sites and even letting me use a smaller tarp :biggrin:

also love the weight reduction but I'll need to try it a few times to see if it works for me overnight and before I do that I'll have to get a new underquilt - probably a torso length - I might end up going a DIY route and make it custom for this hammock - the way I lay in this hammock is relatively fixed and as such a custom UQ could be made that only covers the area I need and thus save some weight (and expense for down) that way

BUT I really don't want to get into doing down UQ work ... oh well

SGT Rock
2013-01-12, 16:11
I haven't started experimenting with the underquilt issue on mine yet.

Rosaleen
2013-01-13, 17:47
Thanks to HOI for posting the slipped buntline hitch. It hadn’t come up in my searches for a good method for tying my new tarp, and this one may be perfect for securing fishing line to my tarp tie outs. Taking SGT Rock’s suggestion, I ordered some 80 lb test Dacron fishing line. It took nearly two weeks to arrive, but, at least I finally have it. The Dacron line is rather slippery and small diameter, so doesn’t seem to hold tautline, two half-hitches, icicle, Kliemheist, or Prussic knots. Perhaps the suggestion to use fishing line to attach lines to one’s tarp was intended to attach a different diameter line, but this line is lightweight and strong, so I want to try to use it. Otherwise, I may as well have used something like Zing-It with UCRs, which was my initial plan. The slipped buntline should get tighter if wind causes flapping, yet still be easy to untie when appropriate. The only drawback I’m seeing so far is it might be hard to adjust to a “perfect” length from under the tarp if it is raining. OK, another possible drawback is I need to get it hard-set into my memory so I can tie it under any condition, as I can with the knots I learned 20 some years ago working in a Scout camp. Practice, practice!
Now for backyard testing, which will come after this bronchitis clears a bit.

Thanks , Hog on Ice and SGT Rock for all the great info that you share!

Rosaleen

sheepdog
2013-01-13, 20:22
If I was going to use fish line for hammock applications I would go with a braided mono line. It is much easier to handle and to tie knots in. It doesn't stretch much either.

SGT Rock
2013-01-14, 02:36
My lines are 1.25mm Z-line from zpacks and the prusiks are 200 lb test braided. I think its dacron

Hog On Ice
2013-01-14, 09:16
where do you get the 200 lb fishing line - I am thinking to get some since I can't find Aircore 2 anymore

SGT Rock
2013-01-14, 09:25
Ebay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BRAIDED-DACRON-Fishing-Line-Black-Color-200lb-300yd-NEW-/350690901450?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item51a6ce7dca

It has become my favorite little cord to play with. I'm going to try it as a ridgeline on my hammock when the rain quits.

Hog On Ice
2013-01-14, 10:24
what diameter is that line? The 200 lb braided dacron line I see online is over 4 mm as vs the braided spectra 200 lb which is less than 1 mm - ref: http://www.tuf-line.com/products_Braided-Dacron_7.html and http://www.tuf-line.com/products_TUF-Lines_1.html

SGT Rock
2013-01-14, 15:10
I looked up the exact manufacture of line and found this: http://www.ebay.com/itm/221166246277?hlp=false&var=

So by the chart on this page the stuff is 0.8mm spectra.

Hog On Ice
2013-01-14, 15:34
OK that makes more sense - thanks

SGT Rock
2013-01-14, 16:08
I finally set up under the carport since it won't stop raining for the next few days. At my weight the fishing line ridgeline held and doesn't seem to be under threat.

The main problem I have right now is with this line, hooking and unhook the ti caribener isn't easy. I need an easier way to connect the two with cold/wet hands that is also light, and strong enough to hold. I'm thinking of making a small loop of some stiffer cord like zing-it for the loop end, and maybe a lighter hook or button or something for the hook end. Any thoughts?

Hog On Ice
2013-01-14, 16:22
the button approach worked well for me but I find that I want to have a more flexible approach so I'm going back to the modified adjustable loop approach - basically the plan is to tie a line in the middle under the button and put the two ends through a larks head formed in the loop the button would have gone through then put one end through a simple loop tied with a separate piece of cord (this loop helps the release) then I tied a simple overhand knot with the two ends - I will make sure the ends are long enough that I never have to untie them completely - to tighten pull ends away from the larks head and then spread ends to move overhand knot up to larks head - to release pull the separate loop that is "under" the overhand knot (may need to pull the ends a little also) to move the overhand knot away from the larks head

Again I'll show you this at the ruck. I also wish it would stop raining so I could actually go out and set up this larks head approach.

SGT Rock
2013-01-14, 16:33
I'm thinking of a slide toggle with a knot to keep it in place and a zing-it loop for the "hole" Now I have to remember where I put my splicing tools. I had them out this morning right after I got home from work, but then when to bed and forgot everything. So I'm sure when I see them I say "oh yea, that's where I put those"

Hog On Ice
2013-01-14, 17:35
probably better to release with a toggle than with a button anyways - I think it will be OK as in safe from accidental release - the button was very safe from accidental release but somewhat difficult to intentionally release when under load

Big Mac
2013-01-14, 17:53
Does anybody know what language Rock and HOI are speaking?

Cuffs
2013-01-14, 17:58
No but I'm waiting til they figure that shit out then I'm gonna ask for one for my birthday. Not as a gift, I'm a paying customer.

Skidsteer
2013-01-14, 18:01
Absolutely no idea.

SGT Rock
2013-01-14, 18:01
Here is what I'm trying for now. Seems to hold, but I think I should probably make the loop bigger.4647

rcli4
2013-01-14, 18:35
Here is what I'm trying for now. Seems to hold, but I think I should probably make the loop bigger.4647

Oh, ya. That looks like a nice one.......what the fuck is it?:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Skidsteer
2013-01-14, 19:01
Turns out that the reason I couldn't sleep on my back for the past ten years is because of the bad heart valve. I couldn't pump all the blood out of my heart and it caused chest pain that manifested as back pain. It would wake me up every five minutes if I was sleeping in a hammock or on my back in a bed. Since the surgery, no problem.

So, I've been thinking about trying a hammock again.

I re-read this entire thread and realized that, even with dramatically increased blood flow to my brain, I am too stupid to own a hammock.

:biggrin:

SGT Rock
2013-01-14, 19:03
I'd be happy to lone you a less complex one to try.

Skidsteer
2013-01-14, 19:07

That's an idea.

Big Mac
2013-01-14, 19:09

Brain?

Hog On Ice
2013-01-14, 19:11
well we are referring to this hammock as the Frankenhammock so of course it needs a brain ... an abnormal brain

Lugnut
2013-01-14, 21:40
well we are referring to this hammock as the Frankenhammock so of course it needs a brain ... an abnormal brain

In that case loan Big Mac a hammock! :biggrin:

Big Mac
2013-01-14, 22:03
I wouldn't mind giving it a try sometime, but I don't speak the language.

Hog On Ice
2013-01-14, 22:09
well I suppose I could show you the ropes so to speak at the ruck ...

oh wait ... nevermind

Big Mac
2013-01-14, 23:22
Stfu!

SGT Rock
2013-01-15, 01:42
I think I have my hammock down to about 5.17 ounces.

J5man
2013-01-15, 08:22
My Toilet paper weighs more than that.

SGT Rock
2013-01-15, 08:30
After I got it dried out it was actually 5.10 ounces. Probably less than your TP and wet wipes.

saimyoji
2013-01-15, 09:20
Hey Skids, try one of these banana hammocks....

http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/product.asp?SKU=10525586

Big Mac
2013-01-15, 09:38
My Toilet paper weighs more than that.

You a follower of Minnie Smith?

john pickett
2013-01-15, 10:27
Skids, buy a hammock from Campmor or rei. Just because Sarge and hoi are driving mclaren f-1's, doesn't mean we can't drive fords.

john pickett
2013-01-15, 10:30
BTW, congradulations on the open-heart surgery. I worked in that business for 23 years.

Hog On Ice
2013-01-27, 15:17
I got around to putting up the hammock stand and playing with the Snugfit UQ - I think with a little more shock cord I can get it to work with this small hammock - I put a channel in each end of the hammock and ran shock cord from side to side in the channels with a cord lock - I think if I use some stronger shock cord between the end tabs and up to the end of the hammock it will work OK - today I only had shock cord enough (a stretchy shoe lace found on the trail) for one end and used a fixed line for the other - this almost worked - the problem was I had to leave a fair bit of stretch on that one end to get into and out of the hammock without stressing the side of the UQ and that end was the foot end - I think putting the shock cord on both ends and making the foot end the shorter stretch will work for this. The adjustable tensioning knot for the shoulder box worked fine - I have the same arrangement for both sides and it was nice to be able to fine tune the tension on the sides from within the hammock. Only one oddity - the release loop one time somehow worked its way through the overhand knot and ended up above instead of below the knot - nbd just had to release by pulling the two lines and working a finger behind the overhand knot - still trying to think of a way to avoid this but I guess just checking each time before tensioning up the side is as easy as any other approach at this time.

SGT Rock
2013-01-27, 15:32
Is your underquilt full length or 3/4?

Hog On Ice
2013-01-27, 18:24
its a full length underquilt

SGT Rock
2013-01-27, 18:27
I slightly modified my underquilt system using dutch quilt hooks so that there are two points for the shoulder area, one on the hem of the hammock and one on the hem of the net. So far it is working well. I used a JRB 3 season 3/4 quilt and a thin pad which got me down to 24F. I'm still playing with this aspect of the hammock to see what I like best.

Hog On Ice
2013-03-22, 07:52
Well now that I have a few nights in the hammock I find it to be reasonable good with just one issue : for whatever reason I tend to get some pain in my left shoulder / upper arm. This is the arm that is _not_ resting in the shoulder box. I am rather puzzled by this - about the only thing I can guess is that it is caused somehow by the shoulder squeeze - the fabric on that side is pushing on the shoulder. So far I have not figured out a good approach to avoid this pain - I have been adjusting the tension in the foot box and trying small differences in positioning in the hammock but ... still tend to get the pain.

Rosaleen
2013-03-22, 08:48
HOI-

Few of us want anything else to carry, BUT, Gardenville seemed to conquer his shoulder squeeze issue by using a section of folded Z-Rest as a pillow. It helped me, too, the couple of nights that I tried it.

Good Luck!

SGT Rock
2013-03-22, 12:31
That may be true. I always use a section of pad under my torso for extra insulation (I get CBS easy) and may never have experienced this because I never go without a pad.

Hog On Ice
2013-03-22, 12:37
well the Z-Rest pad makes me think that perhaps a spreader bar (aka found stick) tied to the edges near the head might give enough relief to my shoulder/arm

SGT Rock
2013-03-22, 12:44
Maybe. Do something where your reinforce where you put the ends to spread it. I take it you no longer carry ant sort of pad at all?

Hog On Ice
2013-03-22, 12:55
well I have a small pad for my feet but I am finding that I might not really need it in the Frankenhammock

JAK
2013-03-31, 21:27
Well I've obviously missed out on way too many seasons of Gilligan's Island.

Hog On Ice
2013-04-03, 16:02
got around to trying the spreader bar - it has possibilities but I will need to try it overnight to get a good feel for whether the bar in its current position is a good position for relief of shoulder squeeze / shoulder pain

here are pictures showing what I did:

SGT Rock
2013-04-03, 16:17
A hybrid bridge?

Hog On Ice
2013-04-03, 17:15
well its not really shaped like a bridge - sort of a hybrid of a lawn hammock (the type with two long spreader bars) and a typical camping hammock (no spreader bars at all)

Lugnut
2013-04-03, 17:19
Couldn't you put a grommet on one side and a pocket on the other and use a collapsible hiking pole? That would save carrying the spreader bars.

Hog On Ice
2013-04-03, 17:24
true but the pole I am using is also used as part of my chair, for gathering water, and rolling out the kinks in my legs if I did not bring The Stick

also the tarp I use has side pullouts that work well with the trekking poles

Rosaleen
2013-04-03, 20:56
HOI-

Is the spreader bar up too high to really give you relief, or is it longer than it apprears in the picture?

Rosaleen
2013-04-03, 21:04
Hmm-Where did the rest of my response go? HOI-Would a cut down "pool noodle," used as a neck pillow, do the trick?

SGT Rock
2013-04-03, 21:20
Did it truncate or something?

Hog On Ice
2013-04-03, 22:13
HOI-

Is the spreader bar up too high to really give you relief, or is it longer than it appears in the picture?

the bar is a 2 foot section of PVC pipe that I commonly use as the front stick for my chair - an inch or two of the bar extends out from the sides of the hammock so effectively the hammock is being spread 22 inches or so

it is possible/likely that moving the bar to a different position on the hammock will have a better effect - this is just my first try - more tests to come

wrt the pool noodle - a possibility but I would like to try other approaches first - the pool noodle would be a single use item

Rosaleen
2013-04-03, 22:24
The pool noodle suggestion was not included in my first post. It must have "evaporated" in cyber space.

saimyoji
2013-04-03, 22:44
the pool noodle would be a single use item

uhh...have you ever used a pool noodle before? They have at least a thousand uses. you could even mount a filter at one end and use it that way. you could use it as a pee conduit from inside your hammock to the ground. you could use it to smack assholes. you could use it to blow dope smoke to a stoner buddy. you could use it as a beer bong. you could use it as a pillow. swing. straw for a really large drink. swatting assholes. beer bong. pee tube.

i think you get the point.

sheepdog
2013-04-04, 00:12
uhh...have you ever used a pool noodle before? They have at least a thousand uses. you could even mount a filter at one end and use it that way. you could use it as a pee conduit from inside your hammock to the ground. you could use it to smack assholes. you could use it to blow dope smoke to a stoner buddy. you could use it as a beer bong. you could use it as a pillow. swing. straw for a really large drink. swatting assholes. beer bong. pee tube.

i think you get the point.
prolly wouldn't want to use it as a straw and a pee tube.

Hog On Ice
2013-04-04, 08:31
gives new meaning to the expression "whipped with a wet noodle"

Hog On Ice
2013-04-05, 16:37
so far I have tried a second position of the spreader bar closer to my head position - IMO not as good as the first place I tried. I also tried the small CCF pad I carry on my pack under my head - it tended to bend in the middle and also was not as good as the original position spreader bar. Next test will be the pool noodle and if that does not work then the short Z rest - I will need to purchase these so no further testing today.

SGT Rock
2013-04-05, 16:39
Ain't testing fun?

Hog On Ice
2013-04-05, 16:45
I'm getting good at setting up my hammock stand - the more I use it the more I like it - feels really solid - better than my old pipe stand. So far my feelings about the testing is somewhat mixed wrt the Frankenhammock - I'm still not sure its more comfortable than the Ghost hammock I made and passed on to Skids - I may make another Ghost for myself and try it out for a few nights.

SGT Rock
2013-04-05, 16:51
I agree. I'm still not sure how much improvement this is over my green ghost.

Skidsteer
2013-04-07, 21:02
I'm getting good at setting up my hammock stand - the more I use it the more I like it - feels really solid - better than my old pipe stand. So far my feelings about the testing is somewhat mixed wrt the Frankenhammock - I'm still not sure its more comfortable than the Ghost hammock I made and passed on to Skids - I may make another Ghost for myself and try it out for a few nights.

I set it up this weekend and it worked great. Thanks HOI.

SGT Rock
2013-04-08, 07:52
Sweet. You might want to get a tarp. Just sayin'

Loneoak
2013-04-11, 11:44
Seems like I seen that guy in that hammock somewhere......looking good sir, looking good

sheepdog
2013-04-28, 00:23
Hey I just got 3 yards of 66 inch silnylon in digital camo pattern. Can I just hem the edges and sew ties on it to make a tarp for my hammock?

shadowmoss
2013-04-28, 13:39
9' seems a bit short for a tarp, but you about us women and length. Other than that, I'm thinking the answer is yes.

SGT Rock
2013-04-28, 21:16
That is going to be a damn small tarp.

Skidsteer
2013-04-28, 21:21
Hey I just got 3 yards of 66 inch silnylon in digital camo pattern. Can I just hem the edges and sew ties on it to make a tarp for my hammock?

I'd be more concerned about 33" sides than a 9' length.

saimyoji
2013-04-28, 21:34
That is going to be a damn small tarp.

thats what she said...

sheepdog
2013-04-28, 23:57
ok, so I need to order more. Check.

Skidsteer
2013-06-29, 18:53
My Son is a genius.

I loaned him my ghost hammock that HOI made for me because he's thinking about making one and wanted to try it out.

The night he tried it out he got home late from work and didn't feel like finding and cutting sticks for toggles to use in the Marlin spike hitch.

So he used two Bic lighters. Dual use. I was impressed. He really has been paying attention to me after all.

saimyoji
2013-06-29, 19:20
How old is your boy?

Skidsteer
2013-06-29, 19:27
How old is your boy?

Twenty-two.

saimyoji
2013-06-29, 19:33
a great age to be.

Hog On Ice
2013-06-29, 20:20
Marlin spike hitch ??? wtf oh wait - I gave you those old whoopie slings - never mind - would you like me to send you a UCR based suspension so you won't need the MSH suspension anymore?

Skidsteer
2013-06-29, 20:35
How old is your boy?

Marlin spike hitch ??? wtf oh wait - I gave you those old whoopie slings - never mind - would you like me to send you a UCR based suspension so you won't need the MSH suspension anymore?

You already did! And thank you.

Andrew was playing with it and used the MSH along with the UCR's.

Hog On Ice
2013-06-29, 21:00
well remind Andrew the better way (IMO) to use the UCRs is to leave them attached to the straps and use the other fixed Eye as the attachment point for the hammock - just larks head that fixed eye over the end of the hammock after putting the strap and UCR around the tree and through the end loop of the strap - to take down just undo the UCR's end fixed eye larks head on the end of the hammock and then pull the UCR and strap through the strap's end loop to remove the strap from the tree

Cuffs
2013-06-29, 21:27
What is this new system you speak of? I have the one that utilize the MSH

Hog On Ice
2013-06-29, 23:25
mostly its a matter of personal choice - with UCRs both ends can be firmly attached whereas with whoopie slings the big loop end must have free movement - that is to say it needs something like a MSH or a 'biner' or a whoopie hook to allow easy adjustment of length - now while it is possible to use a UCR with a MSH / 'biner / whoopie hook it is not needed and is simpler to just attach the UCR to the hammock by slipping a larks head over the gathered end of the hammock and to leave the other end of the UCR "permanently" attached to the tree strap

Lugnut
2013-06-29, 23:34
What language are you guys using? :albertein

Hog On Ice
2013-06-29, 23:37
hammockgeekese

Lugnut
2013-06-29, 23:47
Is there a Rosetta Stone course for that?

Hog On Ice
2013-06-29, 23:56
yeah if you can stand sucking up to Troll - just go to his "remarkable" website and the "remarkable" "individuals" there will be glad to take your money and then probably not answer your questions

Cuffs
2013-06-30, 00:06
I'm hiking in VA this week with a hammock that uses the MSH. Ifn you're around, come show me! Partnership shelter to just shy of Pearisburg.

Hog On Ice
2013-06-30, 00:17
I'll wave as I drive by - I'm headed to Roan for the 4th weekend

Cuffs
2013-06-30, 00:34
Have fun!

Lugnut
2013-06-30, 00:45
yeah if you can stand sucking up to Troll - just go to his "remarkable" website and the "remarkable" "individuals" there will be glad to take your money and then probably not answer your questions

No thanks. :angel:

Cuffs
2013-06-30, 00:52
We'll be out til the 7th...

southmark
2013-06-30, 08:31
Yeah HOI, I converted to UCR's after watching you make them at SORUCK this year. I like them so much better than whoopsies.

Cuffs
2013-06-30, 09:05
Dale, you know how to make these?

southmark
2013-06-30, 10:32
Yes Wendi. Not any harder than making whoopies. Rock has a video on making them.

SGT Rock
2013-07-01, 08:04
Yep. They are simple. I think they work better too.

SGT Rock
2013-07-01, 08:08
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ch-bqE7OQZw&feature=c4-overview&list=UUM0TDlEr8Avjp1M8I7hSjew

SGT Rock
2013-07-01, 08:09
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wMXx6hUb3M&feature=c4-overview&list=UUM0TDlEr8Avjp1M8I7hSjew

Hog On Ice
2013-07-02, 15:16
What is this new system you speak of? I have the one that utilize the MSH

OK Cuffs - here is a series of pictures that tries to show the way I use UCRs for a hammock suspension:

in the first pic I show the components - a.) a tree strap with two sewn loops, one small loop and one somewhat larger loop; b.) a DynaGlide UCR in orange; c.) a gathered end hammock

http://hikinghq.net/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=5104&d=1372788734

in the next pic I show the UCR's fixed eye (the one furthest from the constriction section) being attached (larks headed) to the small loop of the tree strap

http://hikinghq.net/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=5105&d=1372788736

next the fixed eye of the UCR is pushed up onto the tree strap

http://hikinghq.net/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=5106&d=1372788738

and then the UCR and tree strap are pulled strongly to form the "permanent" attachment of the UCR to the tree strap - this is the condition of the tree strap and UCR as it would be packed in the backpack

http://hikinghq.net/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=5107&d=1372788739

to hang the hammock first wrap strap one or more times around the tree and then feed the UCR end through the larger loop in the end of the tree strap (bear canister is acting in place of the tree)

http://hikinghq.net/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=5108&d=1372788741

and pull the UCR and extra strapping through the larger loop to tighten strap around the tree

http://hikinghq.net/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=5109&d=1372788743

now to attach the hammock first form a larks head by pushing the fixed eye of the UCR that is closest to the constriction section back over the UCR line

http://hikinghq.net/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=5110&d=1372788744

next push the gathered end of the hammock into the larks head making sure the larks head is below (further from the end) the ties already on the hammock

http://hikinghq.net/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=5111&d=1372788746

and tighten

http://hikinghq.net/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=5112&d=1372788748

to remove hammock just loosen the larks head and remove end of the hammock from the larks head

http://hikinghq.net/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=5113&d=1372788749

Hog On Ice
2013-07-02, 15:43
additional notes using UCR to hang a hammock with an end channel - the same procedure as above is used - just have a line tied to hold the channel together and put the UCR under the channel on the main fabric section

make the larks head loop big enough to go over the end of the hammock:

http://hikinghq.net/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=5114&d=1372790431

and tighten the larks head under the channel:

http://hikinghq.net/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=5115&d=1372790433

Hog On Ice
2013-07-08, 15:00
one thing I should have included with the above pictures of using the UCR - a drip line needs to be added as I discovered this weekend - I knotted a short strip of cotton fabric just before the eye that connects to the hammock as a field expedient - future UCRs I make will have a cotton thread stitched into the line to act as a drip line

SGT Rock
2013-07-15, 16:17
Oh yeah, that was the other cool feature of those hooks.

suzyqhoo
2013-07-31, 09:45
After trying Skids hammock out this past weekend, my wonderful Mother is tackling the job of making me one of these and is asking me questions I do not know the answer to!

Does anyone have a close up photo of the footbox? And is the footbox made of two triangles of material sewn together?

Thanks!

Rosaleen
2013-07-31, 11:45
I can send you a PowerPoint slide that might help, but don't know how to post it here. I will try sending you a PM..

Hog On Ice
2013-07-31, 12:30
the right triangular piece for the foot box is one piece but separate from the main hammock section

If you want a hammock exactly like Skids then here is the way I made it:

main body is a piece of 1.9 rip stop nylon (from JoAnne's iirc) - cut to 120" by 48" leaving a strip approx 12 inch wide - the triangle is cut from this strip as well as the stuff sack

the long side (hypotenuse) of the triangle is oriented along (parallel to) the warp direction, side A is 34 " long and side B is approximately 13" - sides A&B are both cut on the bias and are at right angles to each other - the hypotenuse is the side of the strip away from the selvedge - the tip of the right angle may extend a little bit into the selvedge area but it is not an issue since the main stress is along the hypotenuse

starting at the end of the main hammock section sew the side A of the triangle to the edge of the main section - I used a flat felled seam - when the point of the right angle is reached "turn the corner" and continue to sew side B to the edge of the main section of the hammock

once the side A and B sewing is complete do a 1/2 inch rolled hem all around the hammock

take a 4 inch piece of 1" wide ribbon and heat treat the cut ends (match/ lighter) so it won't fray and fold it over the spot where the side B reaches the main hammock body and sew it on the edge of the hammock at that point so as to reinforce that point - this is a high stress point and will generally fail without this reinforcement

to complete the hammock gather the ends together and either tie a constrictor knot or use a zip tie to hold the hammock ends gathered - note if you prefer a channelized end for the hammock (like Rock shows in his stuff) the instructions above will need to be modified

suzyqhoo
2013-07-31, 13:54
Thank you Rosaleen and Hoi! Will send this info to her ASAP!

SGT Rock
2013-07-31, 14:05
What they said...

Hog On Ice
2013-07-31, 14:10
also the hammock could be made a bit shorter if desired - you are not as tall as Skids so a 9 foot hammock would work probably just as well and would be easier to fit under a 10 ft tarp

kc_joe
2013-11-14, 16:09
I am new to hammock camping and even more new to DIY gear projects but I'm wanting to take on this ghost hammock project but have a few questions if you would be so kind:
1. is a hem needed along the side of the hammock? DIYGearSupply has 1.1 ripstop at 48" wide and wanted to use that but either way curious if the hem is needed...
2. i currently have a GT UL hammock and my whoopie slings pass through the ends of the hammock...is this not advised on a DIY hammock such as this?
3. i am 6'1" 175-180 and just looking for a recommendation on the best size

Hog On Ice
2013-11-14, 18:06
1. IMO yes a hem is needed especially on the side with the foot box since there is a high stress point where the foot box is sewn into the hem that is further reinforced with a strip of 1 inch ribbon

2. using end channels or not is up to you - if you do use end channels you will need to cut the fabric about 6 inches longer than without

3. I am 6' 1" also and I found the 9 foot length to be good for me but I was also equally happy with the 10 foot length - went with 9 foot length to save some weight

Rosaleen
2013-12-02, 23:17
kc_joe-

I have a PowerPoint drawing of SGT Rock's early iteration of this hammock. if I knew how to post it here, I would. Since I can't, I E-mail it to those who ask. The drawing shows the channel ends that you can use with your Whoopie Slings. You may need to adjust the length to suit your height, as the hammock was made for someone smaller. You probably want to have a finished hammock at about 9 ft or a bit longer. You may also want your hammock to be a bit wider or add a head box, not fully attached. Page through to see how SGT Rock works up to a head box that is loose on one end for entering and exiting the hammock, then attaches one edge once the user is inside. I will probably modify my version of the Ghost hammock by adding the detachable head box at some point. The few times I've slept in it, I felt that the hammock was too short or narrow and that my pillow was falling out. The little bit of extra material should take care of that.

Send me a PM here with your Email addy if you want the drawing.

Cheers!