PDA

View Full Version : Our boy Rockhound is famous

curtisvowen
2011-12-13, 11:11
http://www.boston.com/news/local/massachusetts/articles/2011/10/15/mass_governor_visits_occupy_boston_protest/?rss_id=Boston.com+--+Latest+news

Law Dawg (ret)
2011-12-13, 12:32
So which of the names listed is "our boy" Rockhound? Inquiring minds and all...

Kanga
2011-12-13, 12:39
barry knight, of course.

Law Dawg (ret)
2011-12-13, 14:03
Well, my duh...should have known "our boy" was Barry I guess.:ciao:

Kanga
2011-12-13, 14:43
well, the reference to harassing the politician should have been a dead giveaway. just sayin'...

Ray
2011-12-13, 15:37
well, the reference to harassing the politician should have been a dead giveaway. just sayin'...I thought the dead giveaway was the guy off to the side of the crowd ranting and being ignored.

Crikey
2011-12-13, 15:43
Infamous is more appropriate.

D'Artagnan
2011-12-13, 16:12
Infamous is more appropriate.

Or perhaps "Quixotic".

Law Dawg (ret)
2011-12-13, 16:23
Well I looked him up in Members and this one...

Occupation
$%&* work.

...was no help when in the context of them Occupiers looking for work and all. He obviously does not fit in there. But then maybe that was the stand out clue...who knew? :bebored:

curtisvowen
2011-12-13, 16:58
Seems the Occupy Asheville folks had a problem Dec. 6 and RH was assaulted....no other details...no charges filed, suspect named. Info from Asheville PD
Most likely from running that mouth and some local guy boxed him.

cool breeze
2011-12-13, 17:00
You reap what you sow.

Ray
2011-12-13, 18:28
That's our guy. (http://www.rollcall.com/news/left_and_right_protest_movements_target_super_comm ittee-210443-1.html?pos=hftxt) Seems to be on an Occupy roadtrip.

rcli4
2011-12-13, 18:36
That's our guy. (http://www.rollcall.com/news/left_and_right_protest_movements_target_super_comm ittee-210443-1.html?pos=hftxt) Seems to be on an Occupy roadtrip.

If he is the best they have to offer, it's no wonder folks are laughing at them...

Ray
2011-12-13, 19:15
If he is the best they have to offer, it's no wonder folks are laughing at them...What? His cardboard sign has neat, even edges. It's also well lettered, clearly legible, lines are evenly spaced with no grammatical or spelling errors.

I think he's doing us and his first grade teacher proud.

Law Dawg (ret)
2011-12-13, 19:24
Seems the Occupy Asheville folks had a problem Dec. 6 and RH was assaulted...

WHAT, someone beat our boy up!?:mad:

Y'all mounting up a posse to go get us some justice?:viking:

OK that's enough, I'm going out and clean the garage now.

sheepdog
2011-12-13, 20:34
Why would he protest when he clearly doesn't want a job or money?

Should rich people just send him a check at the commune?

rcli4
2011-12-13, 20:57
Why would he protest when he clearly doesn't want a job or money?

Should rich people just send him a check at the commune?

You just don't get it. It's all about the injustice. Some guy went to school for 6 years and worked 12 hour days for 25 years and is sucessful and he has the ordacity to save his money and invest it and not share. It's just not right man. Why can't you understand. It's not just about jobs it's about the injustice of the system man. Just because someone dosen't spend their money on pot dosen't mean they should get to keep it.

Superman
2011-12-13, 21:02
You just don't get it. It's all about the injustice. Some guy went to school for 6 years and worked 12 hour days for 25 years and is sucessful and he has the ordacity to save his money and invest it and not share. It's just not right man. Why can't you understand. It's not just about jobs it's about the injustice of the system man. Just because someone dosen't spend their money on pot dosen't mean they should get to keep it.

LOL:biggrin:

Kanga
2011-12-13, 21:19

the bastards!!:argh:

Lone Wolf
2011-12-13, 21:43

well, he was in the Army. no offense Rock

Kanga
2011-12-13, 21:45
hey! you shut it!

Hooch
2011-12-13, 22:03
well, he was in the Army. no offense Rockhttp://gifsforum.com/images/gif/clap%20clap%20clap/grand/00982873_clap_gif.gif

Lone Wolf
2011-12-13, 22:05
hey! you shut it!

me? why?

Bearpaw
2011-12-13, 22:08
well, he was in the Army. no offense Rock

hey! you shut it!

me? why?

Let me handle this one Wolf.

Ya know, it figures that fucker was not only army, but a damned MP too!

Kanga
2011-12-13, 22:12
i'll go with the mp part. and, i might concede that the army has gone pussy in the last decade or so. but to lump his lazy hippie ass in with my daddy and rock is askin for an ass whoopin.

Superman
2011-12-13, 22:24
i'll go with the mp part. and, i might concede that the army has gone pussy in the last decade or so. but to lump his lazy hippie ass in with my daddy and rock is askin for an ass whoopin.

Well sort of but it's more like the Army split in two. The elite troops are more elite than they were. The regular troops have not been held to the standards that they used to be. I don't agree with RHs politics, economics, career, etc. but that's not a requirement. I met him and he seemed like a nice guy.

PS They invented MPs just to piss me off.:hammock:

Lone Wolf
2011-12-13, 22:25

oh fuck! sorry. there are shitbird Marines too.

Law Dawg (ret)
2011-12-13, 22:53
well, he was in the Army.

Hmmmm and got beat up by a (or a bunch of) dope sucking hippie(s)?:boxing:

Y'all might just want to bring a Marine or two with you.:ahhhhh:

This from a civilian MP...take it for what it's worth.

Bearpaw
2011-12-13, 22:56

There was a time when I was so naive that I didn't know the most corrupt suckers in the military were MPs and RPs (chaplains' assistants). I learned fast.

At least Rockhound wasn't an RP. Even he wouldn't stand for that much hypocrasy.

Bearpaw
2011-12-13, 22:59
In Rockhound's defense, at least he's getting around to everywhere and following his passion.

As much hell as I give him, I hope he's okay from whatever incident happened in Asheville.

Ray
2011-12-13, 23:29
What do I know, I've been working for The Man over half my life. I've been in the same little office longer than some of my coworkers have been alive.

But when you get kicked out of a homeless camp, isn't that a good time to reevaluate tactics? Just sayin'.

chumpchange
2011-12-14, 00:09
What do I know, I've been working for The Man over half my life. I've been in the same little office longer than some of my coworkers have been alive.

But when you get kicked out of a homeless camp, isn't that a good time to reevaluate tactics? Just sayin'.

that's taking homeless to a whole new level.

sheepdog
2011-12-14, 06:10
Well sort of but it's more like the Army split in two. The elite troops are more elite than they were. The regular troops have not been held to the standards that they used to be. I don't agree with RHs politics, economics, career, etc. but that's not a requirement. I met him and he seemed like a nice guy.

In Rockhound's defense, at least he's getting around to everywhere and following his passion.

As much hell as I give him, I hope he's okay from whatever incident happened in Asheville.
:dito:

Superman
2011-12-14, 06:13
:dito:

:dito::dancing2::captain::call::hello:

curtisvowen
2011-12-14, 07:46

OK that's enough, I'm going out and clean the garage now.

The local don't need no help.

Hooch
2011-12-14, 09:39
What's the big deal? It's just protestin'. :bootyshak

Crikey
2011-12-14, 10:18
that's taking homeless to a whole new level.

Same could be said for thru hiking.

curtisvowen
2011-12-14, 10:52
Seems the Occupy Asheville folks had a problem Dec. 6 and RH was assaulted....no other details...no charges filed, suspect named. Info from Asheville PD
Most likely from running that mouth and some local guy boxed him.

RH called last night, said a crazy man bit him during the protest.
Is that assault?

Define "crazy man".....homeless guy off of meds? same thing but hungry?
"Man I'm hungry, that hippie looks yummy"!

I sure he'll be proud of his "war wound"

Superman
2011-12-14, 12:15
Is that assault?

Define "crazy man".....homeless guy off of meds? same thing but hungry?
"Man I'm hungry, that hippie looks yummy"!

I sure he'll be proud of his "war wound"

Did you ask him if any of those protestors have figured out what they are protesting?

curtisvowen
2011-12-14, 12:34
No.
I just hand the phone to the wife.
I can't relate to that shit.
Just a bunch of organized yuppie Rainbow cry babies.
However, if I can stay in the 1% crowd I'll take it all back.

Law Dawg (ret)
2011-12-14, 13:18

Proverbs 13:20;
He who walks with the wise men will
be wise,
But the companion of fools will
suffer harm.

Just sayin'...:angel:

Hooch
2011-12-14, 13:26
Proverbs 13:20;
He who walks with the wise men will
be wise,
But the companion of fools will
suffer harm.

Just sayin'...:angel:Generally speaking, I'm against religion on here. However, this is exceptionally well played, sir.

http://static.tumblr.com/yfbnzsz/Mewltgc2q/harrypotter-snape-clapping.gif

Superman
2011-12-14, 13:39
Generally speaking, I'm against religion on here. However, this is exceptionally well played, sir.

http://static.tumblr.com/yfbnzsz/Mewltgc2q/harrypotter-snape-clapping.gif

Oh, I thought he poted the time. Meds are still working.:angel:

Law Dawg (ret)
2011-12-14, 14:10
Generally speaking, I'm against religion on here. However, this is exceptionally well played, sir.

Common sense is as timeless as it is true...thanks.

As to our boy Barry, I hope for the best for him even though he is a complete stranger. My version of "the best" is most likely vastly different from his (or even yours Hooch) but he is putting himself in a position that makes this very unlikely. Oh well haven't we all been in a position at one time or another in our lives to be honestly called useful idiots?...not in the Stalinist meaning that is.

Disclaimer; Law Dawg (ret) is not attempting to go poitical or even "religious". He holds (as stated above) that common sense is timeless and true and that it comes often in forms we may not like or even agree with. Sometimes it comes from sources that, like a broken clock, are correct at best only twice a day but the concept can still be true no matter the source or statistical accuracy.

Law Dawg also wants you to know that he expects you to vote just like he does...in private and any damn way he wants to. His "religious" views are similar. Transmission ends.

Weary
2011-12-14, 14:11
.....PS They invented MPs just to piss me off.:hammock:
Just a word in defense of MPs, at least the military police as they existed in the early 1950s, when I was drafted into the Army and assigned to the military police.

I was assigned to a company made up mostly of reservists from New Jersey, which aside from a couple of jerks struck me as pretty nice guys. We patrolled the towns around Fort Devens in Massachusetts.

Only once did anyone complain about me. A bartender stopped me and said he was about to call the civilian cops on a drunken soldier unless we took him back to the base.

So we talked to the guy nicely and got him as far as the patrol car where he started fighting. It took two of us to put cuffs on him and get him into the car, where he promptly fell asleep. We took him to his barracks, and walked him to his bed. The next morning he claimed we had beat him up.

As for corruption, once a kid from New Jersey who was on patrol with me ordered pizza at a restaurant, chatted with the owner, calling her "Mom," and then walked out without paying. Oh and I did abscond with a government clipboard. It was my favorite during the 35 years I later worked as a newspaper reporter.

rcli4
2011-12-14, 16:33
TIME magazine reveals its Person of the Year 2011

today.msnbc.msn.com

Sumbitch went and made man of the year!!!

Roche
2011-12-15, 09:00
I plan to hammock at Bobs bald Saturday night. I'm protesting the Occupy Movement. I'm against the 1% who have time to camp in a city for weeks on end.

Just doing my part.

Crikey
2011-12-15, 09:07
I plan to hammock at Bobs bald Saturday night. I'm protesting the Occupy Movement. I'm against the 1% who have time to camp in a city for weeks on end.

Just doing my part.

I only saw tents at their camps. No hammocks. Another reason.

Law Dawg (ret)
2011-12-15, 13:27
I only saw tents at their camps. No hammocks. Another reason.

Maybe if they would get hammocks, instead of sleeping in their own filth on the ground in tents, their mood would improve. Might quit crapping on LEO's cars etc :bootyshak...dare we hope!?

Fight the machine Roche, fight the machine! :boxing:

sheepdog
2011-12-15, 20:23
http://youtu.be/http://youtu.be/LPlp-WK0XBoo
LPlp-WK0XBo

Law Dawg (ret)
2011-12-15, 21:29
Ummm...

IGR6NGE1EyM&feature

Weary
2011-12-16, 00:01

Just doing my part.
Remember protestors around the globe accomplished much during 2011. Who would have thought that protestors in Libya, Egypt, Yemen, Syria, Russia could have accomplished so much. The Occupy movement and the 12,000 who encircled the White House to protest the Keystone pipeline bring important messages to the forefront and may motivate change! People Power when organized and mobilized is an amazing asset!

The movement has even reached our sleepy little coastal Maine town. A member of our town land trust board -- a retired major oil company lawyer -- went to Washington to join the Keystone pipeline protest. She is so proud to have been among the 1,200 who were arrested that she spoke about her adventures during a Sunday morning church service a couple of weeks ago.

generoll
2011-12-16, 00:30
and I'm sure the congregation received a blessing from her witness.

MonkeyBoy
2011-12-16, 09:20
I bet the men were attentive whenever a woman is explaining how to lay pipe.....

chumpchange
2011-12-16, 10:09
break out the oil!

Roche
2011-12-16, 10:29
“Don’t let the noise of others’ opinions drown out your own inner voice.... have the courage to follow your heart and intuition:” Steve Jobs

Exactly. The Occupy protesters are noise.

Face reality, not naive beliefs.

And what will replace the SOBs who ran Libya, Egypt, Yemen, Syria, Russia? How well did it work out in 1979 when the Shah of Iran (a SOB) was replaced by the Ayatollah (a psychotic SOB)? Will the world now be a safer place (ask someone who lives in Isreal).

Eliminating the Keystone pipeline is change? So how should the oil be transported, in buckets?

And an arrest is something to be proud of?

But what do I know? I honor my debts, remember history, use the natural resource of oil, and have never been arrested.

Law Dawg (ret)
2011-12-16, 12:00
And what will replace the SOBs who ran Libya, Egypt, Yemen, Syria, Russia? How well did it work out in 1979 when the Shah of Iran (a SOB) was replaced by the Ayatollah (a psychotic SOB)? Will the world now be a safer place (ask someone who lives in Isreal).

Now Roche Sharia Law is fine to live under. Disclaimer;

1-If you are a Muslim male (a bit rough on the females but hey...works for us guys eh?).

2-If you are from the correct Muslim sect (Read: the sect that cuurently has the most power).

3-If you don't mind living in abject poverty and ignorance for the most part. Then there is the part of not minding your kids being sent as suicide bombers while the "leaders" kids don't (some things don't change no matter where you live).

Eliminating the Keystone pipeline is change? So how should the oil be transported, in buckets?

It will be sent to China instead. Win eh!?

From my perspective it is! Bread and butter baby, bread and butter!

Different strokes I guess. Mine is;

1-Oil is your friend and if you don't agree...junk your car, turn off your power, don't run your heater, and get rid of all that high tech backpacking gear that is made with oil or you are a hypocrite. I won't get into all the advances in modern medicine (and pretty much EVERYTHING else we use) that owe their existance to Petro Chemicals but you need to sort it all out and get rid of it too.

2-Religion is fine as long as your's does not cause you to chop my damn head off if I disagree with you.

3-Freedom to assemble is fine as is freedom of expression as long as I get the same and we all stay within the law.

4-Ultimately...pull your damn pants up, take a frickin bath, put down the bong, and get a job. You are not special, I don't owe you anything even a hand up (I will but only when it is my idea and you are humble about it), and get ready for life to have a picnic scholing you on reality ya filthy Hippie scum wanna be.:beer:

Law Dawg (ret)
2011-12-16, 12:07
and I'm sure the congregation received a blessing from her witness.

Tea on the monitor...:congrats:

But hey as long as they don't want to chop my damned head off for it, I'm cool.:beer:

Weary
2011-12-16, 12:20
“Don’t let the noise of others’ opinions drown out your own inner voice.... have the courage to follow your heart and intuition:” Steve Jobs

Exactly. The Occupy protesters are noise.

Face reality, not naive beliefs.

But what do I know? I honor my debts, remember history, use the natural resource of oil, and have never been arrested.
Well, dictatorships are often praised for providing stability. But I prefer the turmoil of people created governments.

As Winston Churchill famously said, "Democracy is a terrible form of government, but it's better than whatever is in second place," or at least words to that effect.

And yes, an arrest in furtherance of a good cause is something to be proud of. Many of those who supported the effort to free this nation from British control were arrested. Henry Thoreau was arrested for refusing to support unjust government activities, as was Martin Luther King, and the thousands that ended colonialism, and dictatorships throughout the world in recent decades.

You need to study history a bit more thoroughly, Roche.

Law Dawg (ret)
2011-12-16, 12:53
Speaking of studying history a bit more thoroughly. Friend, Winston also said;

Lenin was sent into Russia by the Germans in the same way that you might send a phial containing a culture of typhoid or cholera to be poured into the water supply of a great city, and it worked with amazing accuracy.

Perhaps a ground swell of passion can also result in a government headed by someone like Hitler as well (or Stalin/Mao/fill in the dictator blank).

C.S. Lewis said;

No clever arrangement of rotten eggs will make a good omlet.

Democracy (in its pure sense) being three wolves and one sheep voting over what's for lunch and all. Be careful what you ask for...just sayin'.

rcli4
2011-12-16, 23:13
Weary, surely you are not equating these occupy dickheads with the folks in Egypt and Libyia.

SGT Rock
2011-12-17, 13:35
Politics ya'll.