PDA

View Full Version : How low can you go?

Crikey
2011-12-23, 08:43
From another forum that shall remain anonymous - and this was a serious quote, I'm pretty sure.

"I am a ultralight hiker who carries 10lbs or less, earplugs would add weight and as they only have 1 use!"

Yeah. I'm all about cutting weight. But how much does common sense weigh?

Big Mac
2011-12-23, 09:03
Common sense is missing from many places these days, including "over there".

Lone Wolf
2011-12-23, 09:56
http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/showthread.php?79395-Time-to-be-honest.-How-much-sex-is-had-on-the-trail this broad is a fuckin' dingbat. worried about folks doin' the nasty.

Ray
2011-12-23, 10:19
http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/showthread.php?79395-Time-to-be-honest.-How-much-sex-is-had-on-the-trail this broad is a fuckin' dingbat. worried about folks doin' the nasty.....

Dances with Mice, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
You are trying to access a subscription or private forum. You can gain access to subscription forums in Group Memberships if you are a registered user.

Lone Wolf
2011-12-23, 10:29
the thread is gone

Hooch
2011-12-23, 10:35
He's coming to shut your thread down. . . .

http://www.seniorark.com/Humor/Double%20Takes/Move%20before%20using/alligator.gif

Nearly Normal
2011-12-23, 11:13
He's coming to shut your thread down. . . .

http://www.seniorark.com/Humor/Double%20Takes/Move%20before%20using/alligator.gif

I have that dream sometimes.

Weary
2011-12-23, 12:00
Common sense is missing from many places these days, including "over there".
Well, there are many "over there."
One moderator in one "over there" removed my mention of a several decades ago winter that was something like this one. That winter stayed so warm I saw a mayflower blooming on the Maine coast in early January.

I'm not an expert on common sense -- but the moderator seemed to sense that my post might have some connection to climate change, something he thinks has nothing to do with trails and thus shouldn't be mentioned.

Actually, my recollection, was one of the few anti climate change thoughts I've had, since the warm winter and flower sighting occurred back in the days when some scientists were predicting a new ice age.

Whatever, the mention was actually an attempt to calm his overactive imagination. But it obviously didn't work since I'm banned again.

MonkeyBoy
2011-12-23, 12:19
Heck.........post that you have a car that runs on whale blubber and has baby harp seal seat covers and see where that gets you......

Seven days in the hole. Not that I would know anything about that... :)

Law Dawg (ret)
2011-12-23, 12:35
From another forum that shall remain anonymous - and this was a serious quote, I'm pretty sure.

"I am a ultralight hiker who carries 10lbs or less, earplugs would add weight and as they only have 1 use!"

Yeah. I'm all about cutting weight. But how much does common sense weigh?

The pack would weigh less if they put them in their ears. :albertein

Someone, I dare ya to post it there.:bebored:

Crikey
2011-12-23, 13:05
The pack would weigh less if they put them in their ears. :albertein

Someone, I dare ya to post it there.:bebored:

I was actually considering posting that she could put them somewhere else that might have a use. But I am not that crude, and I don't post there anymore as it is.

Hog On Ice
2011-12-23, 13:11
hummm - is it even possible to use a tampon as an earplug?

Lugnut
2011-12-23, 14:41
I have that dream sometimes.

I'll bet that's because you live by two ponds with real alligators in them? :angel:

Amigi
2011-12-24, 17:01
I'd like to see a <10lb set up.....

Roche
2011-12-24, 17:30
Whatever, the mention was actually an attempt to calm his overactive imagination. But it obviously didn't work since I'm banned again.

Anyone banned from "over there" is OK in my book.

I've only been counselled a few times myself - yes, I am a slacker.

Ray
2011-12-24, 18:43
hummm - is it even possible to use a tampon as an earplug?They work great for nosebleeds.

If you keep the string end out.

Superman
2011-12-24, 19:04
They work great for nosebleeds.

If you keep the string end out.

I'll just take your word on all that. It's scary how you know so much about women's products.:ahhhhh:

SGT Rock
2011-12-24, 19:57
I guess you could always pick up some sunflower seed hulls and make your own ear plugs at night.

Crikey
2011-12-24, 21:50
I guess you could always pick up some sunflower seed hulls and make your own ear plugs at night.

Just don't smoke or a NY cop will pop a cap in your ass.

sheepdog
2011-12-24, 21:57

hahahahahahahahahaha

Law Dawg (ret)
2011-12-25, 00:18
It's scary how you know so much about women's products.:ahhhhh:

Scary is a nostril large enough to fit that in it.:afraid:

Damn right! Smoking's dangerous. :aetsch:

Nearly Normal
2011-12-29, 21:32
I'll bet that's because you live by two ponds with real alligators in them? :angel:

Actually it's because I've wacked a bunch of them with a paddle when they were growing up. They might remember that......... I hope they do.

johnny thunder
2011-12-30, 08:27
just get yourself a deaf ear then then you won't need any plugs