PDA

View Full Version : Last Wizards of the PCT Short -- Blowdown Throwdown

Jester
2012-03-02, 17:06
Hey all! Here's the last of the Wizards short films. Shot in the Glacier Peak Wilderness in 2008:

H8FraHbGxNQ

Hope you enjoy! Now on to the CDT!

PS -- I know what you're thinking. But no, I didn't fall down once during all of this. But I did fall down later in the day at a creek crossing, so there's that.

Hooch
2012-03-03, 10:19
Another great Wizards short, Jester. Thanks for sharing.

Kanga
2012-03-03, 10:21
Hey all! Here's the last of the Wizards short films. Shot in the Glacier Peak Wilderness in 2008:

H8FraHbGxNQ

PS -- I know what you're thinking. But no, I didn't fall down once during all of this. But I did fall down later in the day at a creek crossing, so there's that.

at 0:14 it says 2003. pick a year.

Jester
2012-03-03, 15:17
at 0:14 it says 2003. pick a year.

The reason it says 2003 at 0:14 is that the storm happened in 2003. The hike happened in 2008. Pick yer nose.

Hog On Ice
2012-03-03, 15:25
The reason it says 2003 at 0:14 is that the storm happened in 2003. The hike happened in 2008. Pick yer nose out of my ass.

minor enhancement

Sarcasm The Elf
2012-03-03, 16:17

What do you mean LAST of the Wizards short films !?! Make more, make more now! :biggrin:

Jester
2012-03-03, 16:39
What do you mean LAST of the Wizards short films !?! Make more, make more now! :biggrin:

Hahahaha! Anything else produced will have to wait for the 10th anniversary director's cut.
Now it's time to move on to getting ready for the CDT. But don't fret -- I'll be filming there, too, and a bunch of the Wizards will be out on the trail.

Hooch
2012-03-03, 20:07
. . . .it's time to move on to getting ready for the CDT. . . . Got a start date in mind yet?

Law Dawg (ret)
2012-03-03, 20:36
Holy ACLs Batman...think I blew out my knees just watching that!!!:bird:

Hooch
2012-03-03, 22:22
Holy ACLs. . . .3834

Jester
2012-03-04, 00:49
Got a start date in mind yet?

Starting NOBO May 1st. Will be going to the PCT Kickoff and meeting some other NOBO CDT folks there, then taking the train to Deming & a shuttle to Crazy Cook.

Superman
2012-03-04, 05:48
Starting NOBO May 1st. Will be going to the PCT Kickoff and meeting some other NOBO CDT folks there, then taking the train to Deming & a shuttle to Crazy Cook.

when tex and i started at crazy cook there were tractor trailers on that dirt road going through the opening they made in the barb wire fence at the border. that german sect had people at the border opening watching the border. they by pass the border check points by doing that. tex got way points for the cdt so we didn't road walk. we followed the gps and went where no man had gone before...it was very fucked up. everyone else just follows the dirt road. in gila everyone else follows the river while we were at 12000'. enjoy

SGT Rock
2012-03-05, 15:43
Looks...fun.

Not.

Superman
2012-03-05, 16:05
Looks...fun.

Not.

The Lai Khe Base camp had too much jungle that kept growing closer to the perimeter. They sprayed it with agent orange which killed all the vegetation. Unfortunately as the trees fell down they fell in all different directions. Patrols still had to go out through the trees that were like big pick up sticks. After a while the GIs found the easiest paths through the dead trees. As soon as the patterns were established the VC booby trapped them. Fortunately the 1st engineers used their rome plows to clear the trees and the fields of fire. Blow downs can be a pain in the ass.

Jester
2012-03-05, 16:48
The Lai Khe Base camp had too much jungle that kept growing closer to the perimeter. They sprayed it with agent orange which killed all the vegetation. Unfortunately as the trees fell down they fell in all different directions. Patrols still had to go out through the trees that were like big pick up sticks. After a while the GIs found the easiest paths through the dead trees. As soon as the patterns were established the VC booby trapped them. Fortunately the 1st engineers used their rome plows to clear the trees and the fields of fire. Blow downs can be a pain in the ass.

I remember when I was sweating my ass off on the AT in Maryland and PA in 2000 and I started passing Civil War monuments. And I thought then about the fact that other people had walked through this area in July, wearing wool uniforms and shitty footwear, and their reward for getting where they were headed was getting shot at (not, as was my case, a hot shower, a big meal, and a comfy bed).

There's always someone (like Superman) or something (like Civil War monuments) around to make it clear to me that I'm not really all that much of a badass.

Which is a good thing.

rcli4
2012-03-05, 17:57

Lai Khe sucks

sheepdog
2012-03-05, 21:16
Lai Khe sucks

Did superman know her in vietnam???

Hog On Ice
2012-03-05, 21:24
+1 for sheepdog

Superman
2012-03-05, 21:31
Did superman know her in vietnam???

I knew Lai Khe very well and Clyde is right.