PDA

View Full Version : Be careful out there.

firemedic
2012-04-24, 14:45
Just read this and thought I would share, good thing noone got hurt.

Cop Discovers Dangerous Booby Traps on Trail in Utah
By Rocky Thompson on April 24th, 2012

Two teenagers were arrested in Utah after a former-military member of the U.S. Forest Service happened upon crudely made booby traps on a popular trail near Provo. The forest service employee was hiking along Provo Canyon when he spotted a fishing line tripwire strung across the trail, just before a shelter piled together. If someone had run into the tripwire, it would have triggered a 20lb ball of wooden spikes swinging into their face. Another nearby tripwire sat in front of a pit lined with sharpened wooden stakes. So howd the police break the case and find their suspects so quickly? Facebook. A tipster told them about some Facebook comments that pointed them to the teens, and when asked they claimed the traps were intended for animals. Its a good thing stupidity cant be entered as a plea the same way insanity can, or these guys would almost certainly get off.

http://thegoat.backcountry.com/2012/04/24/cop-discovers-dangerous-booby-traps-on-trail-in-utah/

Kanga
2012-04-24, 16:46
i read that the other day. those children need a serious ass-beating.

Cuffs
2012-04-24, 17:20
i read that the other day. those children need a serious ass-beating.

I say set the damn thing back up and make them walk down the trail. They say they were hunting animals. Lets see how they act when forced to walk their own walk...

Ray
2012-04-24, 19:23
10 to 1 there's a plot of pot plants (... try to say that after a glass of Gene's cider...) near there.

Skidsteer
2012-04-24, 19:35
10 to 1 there's a plot of pot plants (... try to say that after a glass of Gene's cider...) near there.

I said it three times and got the munchies.