PDA

View Full Version : What the F... bring your pistol to the park.

SGT Rock
2012-06-09, 20:44
http://www.knoxnews.com/news/2012/jun/08/rangers-search-for-man-who-allegedly-stabbed-on/?partner=popular

The 44-year-old woman was stabbed and sexually assaulted on the Gatlinburg Trail in the National Park this afternoon. A manhunt for a suspect remained under way late tonight. However, authorities have reopened the trail, which had been closed during the initial investigation.

Something else to piss me off today.

I'm glad you can carry legal in the park now.

john pickett
2012-06-09, 21:11
Amen!

SGT Rock
2012-06-09, 21:17
That area is getting hot in the last couple of days:
http://www.knoxnews.com/news/2012/jun/09/gatlinburg-police-shoot-kill-man-in-friday/

and just now:

http://www.knoxnews.com/news/2012/jun/09/firemen-find-body-in-gatlinburg-hotel-room/

For Gatlinburg that is a lot of stuff for two days.

chumpchange
2012-06-09, 23:31
shit! headed up there tomorrow.

Roche
2012-06-15, 13:26
Composite sketch

http://www.knoxnews.com/news/2012/jun/15/investigators-seek-person-interest-stabbing-assaul/

Law Dawg (ret)
2012-06-18, 12:57
Is there any other way to go to the park etal? Leaving the heater home is like forgetting to put on pants in my world...always hated that dream.

sheepdog
2012-06-18, 20:19
Is there any other way to go to the park etal? Leaving the heater home is like forgetting to put on pants in my world...always hated that dream.

zacktly........of course I even take my gun to church.

Superman
2012-06-18, 20:36
zacktly........of course I even take my gun to church.

Hell yeah, those thumpers are crazy.:angel:

Law Dawg (ret)
2012-06-29, 12:36
Hell yeah, those thumpers are crazy.:angel:

Actually I carry in Assembly (as a part of the security team) because of outsiders who are warped (http://www.defensivecarry.com/forum/general-firearm-discussion/98256-18-church-shootings-11-years-comprehensive-list.html) and think about Church more like you. :aetsch:

SGT Rock
2012-06-29, 15:25
Remember that nutball that tried a church shooting a few years back. The church had thought ahead on that sort of thing and asked off duty officers to carry to church, that morning an off duty female officer ended the issue before it began. A few years ago the Unitarian Church in Knoxville had a shooter come in during a kids presentation and started shooting people with a shotgun. Killed a few people before they tackled him while he was reloading. It is probably wise for any organization that has any sort of congregation of unarmed people to think about an active shooter scenario and how they will respond to it in these times.

saimyoji
2012-06-29, 15:36
we have gone over so many different half-assed intruder scenarios and procedures over the years in my high school....finally this year they got FBI training for the school safety task force who said this: the only acceptable way to end an armed intruder situation is to locate the intruder and kill them as quickly as possible. no negotiating, no fucking around. if kids get killed in the process of taking them out, collateral damage. so we are all on notice that if there's an armed intruder: keep your fucking head down!

Roche
2012-06-29, 16:00
Ever notice how the #$%&ers never make a name for themselves at a sportsman club or target range? They go for soft targets - they're crazy but not stupid. And does a "no gun allowed" sign prevent the #$%&ers from going in? If anything it's a giant target sign.

The above post is fact from the mouth of Roche. Express opposing opinions in the worst neighborhood of your local area.

Law Dawg (ret)
2012-06-29, 18:13
we have gone over so many different half-assed intruder scenarios and procedures over the years in my high school....finally this year they got FBI training for the school safety task force who said this: the only acceptable way to end an armed intruder situation is to locate the intruder and kill them as quickly as possible. no negotiating, no fucking around. if kids get killed in the process of taking them out, collateral damage. so we are all on notice that if there's an armed intruder: keep your fucking head down!

We did the same for school/court security (active shooter scenarios) after Columbine and it was pure stupidity in action. The basic lesson was throw yourself at the situation and hope for the best. Who needs real training, tactics, and equipment after all? The FBI says kill them straight away and any students hurt/killed in the process is just "collateral damage" eh? Kings X and all? Sure glad I never had to put that one to the test...FBI being so honest and above political pressure. :rolleyes2

Superman
2012-06-29, 18:30
Ever notice how the #$%&ers never make a name for themselves at a sportsman club or target range? They go for soft targets - they're crazy but not stupid. And does a "no gun allowed" sign prevent the #$%&ers from going in? If anything it's a giant target sign.

The above post is fact from the mouth of Roche. Express opposing opinions in the worst neighborhood of your local area.

Maybe they did...and noone know exactly where they were buried?

Skidsteer
2012-06-29, 19:15
Maybe they did...and noone know exactly where they were buried?

Churches can't do business like that because they must appoint a committee. Committee's consist of a minimum of three people and a maximum of zero brains. All other specialized requisites imposed by those appointing the committee may only serve to impede success of any sort.

It's like the unwritten eleventh commandment.

Big Mac
2012-06-30, 08:09
Skids must of been raised Methodist.

sheepdog
2012-06-30, 08:28
Churches can't do business like that because they must appoint a committee. Committee's consist of a minimum of three people and a maximum of zero brains. All other specialized requisites imposed by those appointing the committee may only serve to impede success of any sort.

Now I know why I'm on all those committees. And I'm usually the chairman. :banghead:

SGT Rock
2012-06-30, 08:35
Committee to shoot back.

Superman
2012-06-30, 09:31

I sleep in on Sunday er Saturdays ....which ever the sabath is these days. If I showed up at a church the sky would darken, lightening would flash, thunder would do the thunder thing....and people would say "what the fuck are you doing here." :angel:

Roche
2012-06-30, 11:00
Maybe they did...and noone know exactly where they were buried?So that's what happened to noone - no one has seen him lately.:dontknow:

Superman
2012-06-30, 11:09
So that's what happened to noone - no one has seen him lately.:dontknow:

You'll see a lot of that if you reed my posts. Camo.:angel:

Tin Man
2012-06-30, 11:17

churches, boy scouts, any volunteer organization really are, for the most part, run by morons who have limited or no power at all where they work... basically, because they are too stupid to run anything

Tin Man
2012-06-30, 11:19
Now I know why I'm on all those committees. And I'm usually the chairman. :banghead:

dumbass

:D

Ray
2012-06-30, 11:19
I'm on the Healthy Lifestyle Committee at work to meet part of the Corporate Citizenship merit badge, I mean the bullshit portion of my Annual Objectives. It's just me & two ladies and we were going to have a picnic one afternoon at a local park grill burgers and chicken maybe play games like horseshoes or whatever really just make an appearance grab a burger and a glass of lemonade then split, effectively and and I thought completely obviously just an excuse to take half a day off work with pay and management's blessing. If that ain't a healthy lifestyle then I don't what the fuck is.

So the ladies ask if we should expand the committee to include others to help in the planning and I say hell no then we'd never get anything done.

So we knock out the plans in 30, 40 minutes and send out the mass e-mail announcement. Immediately we start getting replies and office visits - this will conflict with summer work hours, why not have grilled salmon, chicken breasts will be too dry take too long, we won't be able to change clothes...

They had to handle the questions because I was too busy rolling on the floor laughing.

Tin Man
2012-06-30, 11:48
never volunteer

SGT Rock
2012-09-08, 00:54
WTF? another weird ass occurrence.

COSBY, Tenn. Authorities tonight are investigating a shooting in the Great Smoky Mountains National Park near Cosby.

National Park Service spokeswoman Molly Schroer said a hiker suffered two gunshots to the lower leg in an incident this evening off the Laurel Springs Road area. The shooting was reported around 5 p.m.

"He was off the trail deep in the park," Schroer said.

The victim, who is believed to have suffered non-life-threatening wounds, was flown to the University of Tennessee Medical Center for treatment.

According to Schroer, the victim, identified only as a 29-year-old man, did not see the shooter and authorities do not believe park visitors are at risk. Park rangers, with assistance from the Cocke County Sheriff's Office, are investigating.

"The man claimed to have not seen his assailant, but did hear two gunshots just before he realized he had been struck," Schroer said.

"We do not perceive any threat to visitors inside the park as this incident occurred in a remote area well off established trails," Chief Park Ranger Clay Jordan said in a release.

Roots
2012-09-08, 01:21
Wtf?! That's the stupidest shit I've ever heard! Damn! That's news reporting at its finest!

Cuffs
2012-09-08, 01:35
Sounds like the dumbass double tapped himself. Had his gun out goofing off, got hit, couldn't admit what a fuckup he was and blamed 'some stranger.'

SGT Rock
2012-09-08, 01:40
Sounds like the dumbass double tapped himself. Had his gun out goofing off, got hit, couldn't admit what a fuckup he was and blamed 'some stranger.'

Sort of what I was thinking. The double tap sort of makes me wonder though.

Roots
2012-09-08, 02:21
Sort of the 'I drowned my kids but blamed someone else' syndrome.

Kanga
2012-09-08, 08:40
maybe he was hiding from his jilted lover and she found him anyways.

Hog On Ice
2012-09-08, 08:54
something just does not sound right with this report

sheepdog
2012-09-08, 08:59
prolly close to someone's dope patch.

Big Mac
2012-09-08, 09:26
We had a similar incident at a state park here In Indiana. Turns out the idiot set something up to shoot himself with a shotgun. Apparently the plan was to sue the state. Of course they found the setup in the woods and the gun in the river. Busted. Idiot.

This story doesn't specify the gun. I bet it is the same type of deal.

SGT Rock
2012-09-10, 21:10
The truth may be coming out:

http://www.knoxnews.com/news/2012/sep/10/nps-hiker-admits-he-was-shot-outside-smokies-bound/

SEVIERVILLE — A man who lied about being in the Great Smoky Mountains National Park when he was shot may have been burglarizing a home, rather than hiking as he first claimed.

Park officials turned the case over to the Sevier County Sheriff's Office after the victim admitted that he was not inside the park boundaries when he was shot twice in the lower leg Friday.

Sheriff's office investigators have since interviewed a subject who said he fired into a fleeing vehicle after he caught two males stealing items from outside his home in the Boyd's Creek area Friday, according to a news release from Sevier County Sheriff Ron Seals today.

Authorities are looking for another person of interest, as well as any witnesses, as the investigation continues. Charges are pending, the sheriff said.

Sanford Lethco, 29, initially told park investigators that he was hiking off Laurel Springs Road in the Cosby area.

The shooting was reported about 3 p.m. Friday.

He told rangers he did not see his assailant but heard the gunshots and realized he was wounded, according to park spokeswoman Molly Schroer.

The park also is looking into possible charges against Lethco for giving false information, Schroer said today.

Lethco was flown the University of Tennessee Medical Center where he was treated and later released.

More details as they develop online and in Tuesday's News Sentinel.

saimyoji
2012-09-10, 21:20
hope they send him the bill for the flight to the hospital...

SGT Rock
2012-09-10, 21:26
He will have to steal a lot of copper tubing from AC units to pay that off.

Roche
2014-02-27, 21:06
ARREST MADE

http://www.themountainpress.com/news/x147185726/Man-charged-with-2012-assault-in-Great-Smoky-Mountains-National-Park

Superman
2014-02-27, 21:20
The world just keeps getting weirder and weirder.

SGT Rock
2014-02-27, 22:55
I just saw that. Shitbag.

rhjanes
2014-02-27, 23:23
glad they caught him....lot of police work.

SGT Rock
2014-02-28, 18:40
http://www.wbir.com/story/news/local/sevierville-sevier/2014/02/27/man-charged-for-stabbing-sexually-assaulting-woman-in-smokies/5875275/

http://www.gannett-cdn.com/-mm-/7e3859159c2c29bb6441b291aff15a41683b93b5/c=1-0-352-264&r=x404&c=534x401/local/-/media/WBIR/WBIR/2014/02/28//1393596373000-rape-stabbing-suspect.jpghttp://www.gannett-cdn.com/-mm-/250e0d96cdf7761402fb11d5bca6f28a664dbc3d/c=0-769-1840-2151&r=x383&c=540x380/local/-/media/WBIR/WBIR/2014/02/27//1393541757000-smokies-suspect.JPG

sheepdog
2014-03-01, 10:37
nailed it

now two in the head and throw him in the dumpster.

SGT Rock
2014-03-01, 13:52
http://www.wbir.com/story/news/local/sevierville-sevier/2014/02/27/man-charged-for-stabbing-sexually-assaulting-woman-in-smokies/5875275/

update: turns out he was already in jail down in Pelham, Alabama for shoplifting and auto theft. Total dirtbag.