PDA

View Full Version : New Review

SGT Rock
2012-07-14, 01:19
I just published the new review of the Elemental Horizons Kalais:
http://hikinghq.net/gear/elemental-horizons-kalais.html

Roche
2012-07-14, 09:33
Thanks Rock. I was getting tired of reading about beer can stoves.

This is a long review, need to fill up the coffee mug.

SGT Rock
2012-07-14, 10:06
There is a great deal of detail about. construction.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

Roche
2012-07-14, 10:18
A very thorough review, glad I had a fresh mug of coffee. First question - how does one convince SWMBO that a new pack is NEEDED (rather than wanted)? You told us about this pack at Slickrock and I looked it up on their website - your review does a great job, far better than the website.

The ACU pattern is cool looking; Hangnout made his own pack with ACU fabric as well, it looks great.

Water bottle pockets are the glove boxes of packs, they hold everything but their namesake.

The large size pad pocket is a great idea - now you can easily remove/insert the pad with a loaded pack.

This puppy is on my wish list - this pack looks like a winner.:congrats:

SGT Rock
2012-07-14, 13:48
Pack fire. Sometimes they just spontaneously combust.

shadowmoss
2012-07-14, 15:40
I thought it was passing gear to the kids, because, you know, the kids really need the new(er) stuff now. Or giving SWMBO your 'prize' pack/hammock/etc. so she can be more comfortable, causing you to need to replace it.

dixicritter
2012-07-14, 16:24
Don't let him kid you... I knew it was a want. :wink:

SGT Rock
2012-07-14, 16:51
I thought it was passing gear to the kids, because, you know, the kids really need the new(er) stuff now. Or giving SWMBO your 'prize' pack/hammock/etc. so she can be more comfortable, causing you to need to replace it.
Actually, in this case she got my old pack and the youngest got her old pack.