Big Mac
2012-07-23, 10:26
Ouch

Big Mac
2012-07-23, 10:27
Vacating wins is stupid though.

SGT Rock
2012-07-23, 10:32
Their reasoning is that Paterno and the Athletic Director were first informed of Sanduski's boy love in 1998 and chose to ignore and cover it up instead of fixing it. I think the idea was to impact the fact that currently Joe Paterno holds the record for most 1A wins by a coach while letting a pedophile run his defense. This will cut out over 100 wins from his record and put someone else up there.

Crikey
2012-07-23, 11:14
This will cut out over 100 wins from his record and put someone else up there.

Bobby Bowden

Crikey
2012-07-23, 11:25
An already pathetic situation gets no better with strange photos like this:

http://images.politico.com/global/2012/07/120721_paterno2_ap_3281_605.jpg

chief
2012-07-23, 11:48
"Sodomy in the boys room
There was Sodomy in the boys room
Joe Pa don't you fill me up with your rules
Everybody knows that Sodomy ain't allowed in school" - J. Sandusky

chumpchange
2012-07-23, 12:09
hey fucker, leave them kids alone.

Tin Man
2012-07-23, 12:53
I am a Penn State grad and I have been suggesting that JoePa has been given Kangaroo Court treatment and we need to wait for the details to unravel. After the Freeh report came out, I am sure JoePa is as much to blame as the others in not informing the proper authorities and doing the right thing. That said, the NCAA is just making an example out of the Penn State Football Program period. All those involved in the past are dead (JoePa and former DA) or facing their own criminal charges. The student athletes and their new coaches are bearing the brunt of the NCAA punishment and this is just wrong.

Tin Man
2012-07-23, 12:55
Their reasoning is that Paterno and the Athletic Director were first informed of Sanduski's boy love in 1998 and chose to ignore and cover it up instead of fixing it. I think the idea was to impact the fact that currently Joe Paterno holds the record for most 1A wins by a coach while letting a pedophile run his defense. This will cut out over 100 wins from his record and put someone else up there.

Sandusky retired at the end of the 1999 season.

SGT Rock
2012-07-23, 13:23
I am a Penn State grad and I have been suggesting that JoePa has been given Kangaroo Court treatment and we need to wait for the details to unravel. After the Freeh report came out, I am sure JoePa is as much to blame as the others in not informing the proper authorities and doing the right thing. That said, the NCAA is just making an example out of the Penn State Football Program period. All those involved in the past are dead (JoePa and former DA) or facing their own criminal charges. The student athletes and their new coaches are bearing the brunt of the NCAA punishment and this is just wrong.
I respectfully disagree. The institution allowed those people to continue in their positions for years. The institution will have to suffer as a warning to others that they either better never go there or better stop if they are. There is no way an institution can put these guys in charge, put them above the law, then not have any penalties that must be suffered in the aftermath after it gets caught. It would be a cop out for them to suddenly be worried about the rest of the school. If they had done the right thing in 1998 it wouldn't have come to this. And the fact they had 13 years of letting it grow and get bigger is a key indicator that there needs to be some sort of sever penalties.

The NCAA made lots of provisions for transfer of the student players out of the program to other schools with immediate eligibility.

SGT Rock
2012-07-23, 13:24
Sandusky retired at the end of the 1999 season.
But was still associated with Penn State the entire time right? Where did all this stuff start from and where did most of it happen?

Lone Wolf
2012-07-23, 13:29
$60 million fine
Vacating all wins back to 1998
Loss of 10 scholarships
No bowl games for 4 years
awesome. fuck em'. it's just a game

Tin Man
2012-07-23, 13:49
I respectfully disagree. The institution allowed those people to continue in their positions for years. The institution will have to suffer as a warning to others that they either better never go there or better stop if they are. There is no way an institution can put these guys in charge, put them above the law, then not have any penalties that must be suffered in the aftermath after it gets caught. It would be a cop out for them to suddenly be worried about the rest of the school. If they had done the right thing in 1998 it wouldn't have come to this. And the fact they had 13 years of letting it grow and get bigger is a key indicator that there needs to be some sort of sever penalties.

The NCAA made lots of provisions for transfer of the student players out of the program to other schools with immediate eligibility.

Um, okay. But the president and athletic director carry the institutional responsibility and they were both fired and face criminal charges. The president's boss is the board of trustees and they have not been named as knowing anything about this. The trustees acted swiftly when they found out and fired the lot. Are you saying the trustees should have known before the facts came out? They are scattered members who don't sit in State College or meet all that often. Not arguing with you, just trying to understand this 'institution' you are referring to.

Tin Man
2012-07-23, 13:50
awesome. fuck em'. it's just a game

awesome

Tin Man
2012-07-23, 13:54
But was still associated with Penn State the entire time right? Where did all this stuff start from and where did most of it happen?

He had on-campus privileges as would any retired staff, but he did not coach but two years in question regarding the wins record. I know splitting hairs. Again, not arguing. Seriously, many fans, including me, thought Paterno should have retired 15 or 20 years ago. And I really don't give a rats ass about who has the most wins or any sort of records.

Lone Wolf
2012-07-23, 13:56
He had on-campus privileges as would any retired staff, but he did not coach but two years in question regarding the wins record. I know splitting hairs. Again, not arguing. Seriously, many fans, including me, thought Paterno should have retired 15 or 20 years ago. And I really don't give a rats ass about who has the most wins or any sort of records.
wow. you're more concerned about the fuckin' school than the dozens of little boys he fucked with

MonkeyBoy
2012-07-23, 13:59
Wonder how much the statue could fetch on Ebay???

SGT Rock
2012-07-23, 14:01
Dude. Yes. All these people should maintain oversight. When that General in charge of Abu Garib said she wasn't allowed to be in charge of her own people, it was a cop out and I was glad the military hammered her. Her supervisor got hammered too, probably won't read about that though...

A board needs to maintain control of its people and the fact that they didn't means they now get to realize they failed at something in a big way. Did you read about the lady that tried to get the football players to live by the same conduct code as the rest of the student body? Good article. To me it indicates what the university forgot and which you mock Lone Wolf for pointing out - it is only a game. But loosing site of that fact created a "command climate" that directly lead to this.

You may be to close to it to see this with any objectivity. If they found out Bear Bryant was doing something like this for 13 years, I'd feel exactly the same way.

These people are responsible. Besides criminal charges they have a responsibility to maintain the integrity of the institution. They realized this and decided that, but then in their screwed up way of implementing that meant protecting and hiding a pedophile and then that allowed him to continue to use the good name of the institution to recruit his victims - instead of doing the right thing and throwing him out on his ear, turning him in, and suffering the quick pain instead of letting it becoming a decades long conspiracy. I've read some of that report and this was known as "The Penn State Way". I was a Joe fan for years and couldn't believe he would be a part of something like this when I first heard about it. But now that I've become educated as to the situation I truly believe this is probably not even enough punishment to the university. Id give them the "death penalty" on top of all this so they can get back to focusing on what a college is meant to do.

SGT Rock
2012-07-23, 14:04

The school "command" allowed him to use the good name of the institution and its facilities to continue to rape little boys and find new ones. Yep, they knew it would be bad for them or they wouldn't have concealed it. If he were totally "separate" then they would have had no problem doing the right thing. The fact they covered it up even though he was "not affiliated" with them speaks volumes.

The people you should have the beef with are not in the NCAA, they are at the school. It is that simple.

SGT Rock
2012-07-23, 14:05
wow. you're more concerned about the fuckin' school than the dozens of little boys he fucked with

Exactly. If you are really worried about the school then this is a good thing. It allows them to focus on what is important and what their real mission is: education. Not football.

SGT Rock
2012-07-23, 14:15
http://schoolsofthought.blogs.cnn.com/2012/07/16/the-woman-who-stood-up-to-joe-paterno/?iref=allsearch

Good read. Here is a woman that tried to stand up for what was right and had her career ruined and was run out on a rail. Recently people have seen her in a different light and she is getting back on her feet. But it indicates exactly what you are ignoring.

Crikey
2012-07-23, 14:16
http://www.cnn.com/2012/07/15/us/triponey-paterno-penn-state/index.html

Crikey
2012-07-23, 14:17
Looks like great minds think alike, Rock.

Tin Man
2012-07-23, 14:19
Originally Posted by Tin Man (http://hikinghq.net/forum/showthread.php?p=288760)<br />
He had on-campus privileges as would any retired staff, but he did not coach but two years in question regarding the wins record. I know splitting hairs. Again, not arguing. Seriously, many fans, including me, thought Paterno should have retired 15 or 20 years ago. And I really don't give a rats ass about who has the most wins or any sort of records.<br />

No. Punishing the school is like putting a car in the compressor because the drunk driver killed someone.

SGT Rock
2012-07-23, 14:22
No. Punishing the school is like putting a car in the compressor because the drunk driver killed someone.

No, your logic is like a convict asking for a short sentence for being a pedophile because the prison time is going to be hard on his family. The institution deserves what it is getting. Get over it.

Tin Man
2012-07-23, 14:27
The school "command" allowed him to use the good name of the institution and its facilities to continue to rape little boys and find new ones. Yep, they knew it would be bad for them or they wouldn't have concealed it. If he were totally "separate" then they would have had no problem doing the right thing. The fact they covered it up even though he was "not affiliated" with them speaks volumes.

The people you should have the beef with are not in the NCAA, they are at the school. It is that simple.

Agreed and the criminal proceedings are dealing with the criminals.

I have been saying among my friends that the trustees should go too, but they won't unless they are voted out. And when the fund raisers called, I told them as much - no donations until the board members are gone.

SGT Rock
2012-07-23, 14:31
Guys like you should be howling at them then. Get on them! I know if this happened at Alabama I would be on the school like a spider monkey.

I watch the crap here in Knoxville with the UT athletes and shake my head. The attitude leads to more problems, not better teams.

Tin Man
2012-07-23, 14:31
No, your logic is like a convict asking for a short sentence for being a pedophile because the prison time is going to be hard on his family. The institution deserves what it is getting. Get over it.

Okay ya'll are right. I will go home tonight and burn my diploma and my scout uniform and catholic crap since all Penn staters and boy scouts and Catholics are guilty of supporting pedophiles.

Lone Wolf
2012-07-23, 14:33
Okay ya'll are right. I will go home tonight and burn my diploma and my scout uniform and catholic crap since all Penn staters and boy scouts and Catholics are guilty of supporting pedophiles.

now you'e bein' a whiny bitch. grow up for crisakes

Superman
2012-07-23, 14:39
I went to Wendy's for lunch. I had a bunch of stuff from the $ menu and ate it sitting next to a table of elderly of the WWII era. They gave verbal history of other cases they knew of over the years and how those cases were treated. Basically the criminal abuse of children was systemetic at Penn State. That is the pedophile couldn't have done what he did without the system that allowed it to happen...over and over and over. Penn State was guilty during and after the fact. Every official of the school who failed to respond to the crimes tightened the noose around Penn State. The Catholic Church wears the same clothes as Penn State. This is sicker than just looking the other way for the benefit of money and power. RH is protesting the greed and corruption of wall street. This whole country should be enraged by the systemic moral corruption of Penn State. Attempts to appologize or make excuses for the systemic crimes only serves to aggravate the situation.

Tin Man
2012-07-23, 14:40
now you'e bein' a whiny bitch. grow up for crisakes

Lol. Not really. Just making a point of where does it end. College football is more than a game. There are close to 100 kids on the team who worked very hard to get there. This is their dream and they had nothing at all to do with the horror that monster put the kids through. They are the ones suffering the most from the NCAA sanctions.

Lone Wolf
2012-07-23, 14:54
Lol. Not really. Just making a point of where does it end. College football is more than a game. There are close to 100 kids on the team who worked very hard to get there. This is their dream and they had nothing at all to do with the horror that monster put the kids through. They are the ones suffering the most from the NCAA sanctions.

once again you show you don't give a shit about the victims. you don't get it

Lone Wolf
2012-07-23, 14:55
College football is more than a game.

wow......

SGT Rock
2012-07-23, 14:56
I went to Wendy's for lunch. I had a bunch of stuff from the $ menu and ate it sitting next to a table of elderly of the WWII era. They gave verbal history of other cases they knew of over the years and how those cases were treated. Basically the criminal abuse of children was systemetic at Penn State. That is the pedophile couldn't have done what he did without the system that allowed it to happen...over and over and over. Penn State was guilty during and after the fact. Every official of the school who failed to respond to the crimes tightened the noose around Penn State. The Catholic Church wears the same clothes as Penn State. This is sicker than just looking the other way for the benefit of money and power. RH is protesting the greed and corruption of wall street. This whole country should be enraged by the systemic moral corruption of Penn State. Attempts to appologize or make excuses for the systemic crimes only serves to aggravate the situation.
There is a lot of wisdom in that. I wonder how many people read this article from a while back: http://www.cnn.com/2012/07/16/justice/pennsylvania-sandusky-probe/index.html?iref=allsearch

SGT Rock
2012-07-23, 15:02

They also need to hold the school accountable. The NCAA is preserving their immediate eligibility if they go to another school. The school football team can actually still play games too, just no bowl games. If a guy is good enough for a scholarship, he can probably get on at another team, hell I imagine for them they can probably get to another college they decided not to sign with but is now calling them again.

I just don't feel that bad about a few guys losing their scholarships to play. I work with a couple of guys that were top college athletes with scholarships that even went on to play pro. Now they are no longer able to play and neither could actually work in whatever their degree is in. They may have a degree but they do not have an education.

saimyoji
2012-07-23, 15:02
There is a lot of wisdom in that. I wonder how many people read this article from a while back: http://www.cnn.com/2012/07/16/justice/pennsylvania-sandusky-probe/index.html?iref=allsearch

yeah. you don't just wake up one day in your 50s and decide you like little boys. i bet if you go back far enough, you'll see he's been an abuser for a very long time...

SGT Rock
2012-07-23, 15:03
yeah. you don't just wake up one day in your 50s and decide you like little boys. Wheew! Thank God! I'm getting close to turning 50 and would hate for that to happen.

Tin Man
2012-07-23, 15:03
once again you show you don't give a shit about the victims. you don't get it

I do give a shit a lot more than you can imagine. As a father of two boys a former leader of a bunch if scouts I give a huge shit about them. I also give a shit about justice. How does punishing the current team help?

SGT Rock
2012-07-23, 15:04
I do give a shit a lot more than you can imagine. As a father of two boys a former leader of a bunch if scouts I give a huge shit about them. I also give a shit about justice. How does punishing the current team help?They can still play football. No one said they cannot. If it were up to me that wouldn't even be on the table for Penn State.

SGT Rock
2012-07-23, 15:11
Penn State
http://demotivators.despair.com/demotivational/mistakesdemotivator.jpg

saimyoji
2012-07-23, 15:20
They can still play football. No one said they cannot. If it were up to me that wouldn't even be on the table for Penn State.

agreed. more and more people are speaking out about "the Penn State way." The football program being at the heart of this cultural phenomenon should be dismantled. Just changing the players doesn't ensure the game changes. Its too easy for new people to assume the old roles.

Even the janitors who said they were afraid they'd lose their jobs should all be fired. We need to start encouraging a culture of courage to stand up against what is wrong, not cower from bullies like these Ped-state fucksticks.

Personally, as a ball player, I wouldn't want to be associated with a school like Ped-state at all. I'd be too ashamed. I wouldn't want one cent of my money to be invested in a place that allowed that situation to happen.

As for the Board of Trustees not knowing....I call BS. No way they didn't know. No way at least 100 other people didn't know, not just folks at Ped-state but at other schools, places Sandusky took his victims, people associated with 2nd mile.....

Tin Man
2012-07-23, 15:33
They can still play football. No one said they cannot. If it were up to me that wouldn't even be on the table for Penn State.

The best players will leave. The team will have a tough time recruiting. Penn State will be playing at a level of a division or two lower for a long time. Is it important that they be on top ever again? No. Now I will have to find something else to do Saturday afternoons in the Fall. No biggee. I am done with this thread. Thanks all for sharing your thoughts. I will go back to my normal pack-sniffing ways. Later.

Tin Man
2012-07-23, 15:40
One more thing first: My troop had a Scoutmaster 2 years before I joined who was charged with pedophilia and my Church in town hid a pedophile while I was active. Both are still there and stronger then ever. Right, wrong or indifferent, neither received sanctions, but did implement measures to greatly reduce the likelihood of it ever happening again. Sanctions address nothing. Programs to prevent abuse do help. Penn State got both. Whatever. I will go silent on this topic now.

Sincerely,
Tin Man the packsniffing a-hole

rcli4
2012-07-23, 15:53
Anyone that thinks college football is just a game has no idea what they are talking about. Most top colleges research department are funded by football. Everytime you fry an egg and it don't stick to the pan, thank Big Ten football. You Diabetic and take metformin? Thank The SEC. You takin radiation treatment for cancer? Thank the Pac 10. You need a cat scan? Thank the ACC. Football is about money! The power the football progam has is the direct result of the money a championship produces. Sick people think a few kids fucked for fun is just collateral damadge. Look at the big picture. How many lives will be lost because of the stain at Penn State? Sick, but that is why it was kept quite for so long. The school allowed it for money. The school benifitted because the hid it. The school needs to pay for the shit they let happen.

Law Dawg (ret)
2012-07-23, 16:07
Even the janitors who said they were afraid they'd lose their jobs should all be fired.

The absolute most disguising thing, beyond the actual acts of this child molesting monster, is stuff like this. Your job or throwing a football is worth more than protecting a child!? If I had walked in while the scum was molesting a child in a shower the question would not be what to do. It would be how best to drag his unconscious self to the Police Station...

Penn State has a damaged football program...big deal. How many little boys have destroyed lives and all because a football program was more important than doing the right thing?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bs_ZS33X1fI

cool breeze
2012-07-23, 16:08
Exactly

saimyoji
2012-07-23, 16:19
http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2012/07/23/statement-from-paterno-family-about-ncaa-sanctions/

statement from the family....

Tin Man
2012-07-23, 16:26
http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2012/07/23/statement-from-paterno-family-about-ncaa-sanctions/

statement from the family....

Pretty much sums up how I feel - no due process, just a rush to judgement. Thanks for posting.

saimyoji
2012-07-23, 16:29
as the ncaa mentioned over the weekend, it is an unprecedented situation. is it likely the ncaa is corrupt as well?

SGT Rock
2012-07-23, 16:32
Pretty much sums up how I feel - no due process, just a rush to judgement. Thanks for posting.

Rush to judgement? Pfft.

Crikey
2012-07-23, 16:33
Of course the Paterno family will circle the wagons. That's to be expected.

Really want to know how much was known and who got away with what? Force that sick fuck Sandusky to spill his guts.

SGT Rock
2012-07-23, 16:35
And of course the commission never got to talk to Joe. Duh. I guess we should not judge John Wilks Booth to have killed President Lincoln because he was never questioned.

Tin Man
2012-07-23, 16:57
Rush to judgement? Pfft.

well, it was a rush when they fired joe. imo. i was waiting for the freeh report myself, which is pretty damning and i am fine with that, but again you can't question a dead guy. that old bastard would probably be facing jail time if they could prove what was in the freeh report.

SGT Rock
2012-07-23, 17:01
well, it was a rush when they fired joe. imo. i was waiting for the freeh report myself, which is pretty damning and i am fine with that, but again you can't question a dead guy. that old bastard would probably be facing jail time if they could prove what was in the freeh report.

So when you say rush to judgement you mean Penn State? Sounds like they didn't waist time when they knew what was what. How do you or the family know that when he went into that meeting he didn't say he knew everything? I'd like to hope that at the end Joe realized he had fucked up and manned up to it. I still feel way let down because I've been a huge fan of his since the 80s and would like to hope in the end he was the Joe I thought he was.

Tin Man
2012-07-23, 17:11
So when you say rush to judgement you mean Penn State? Sounds like they didn't waist time when they knew what was what. How do you or the family know that when he went into that meeting he didn't say he knew everything? I agree that all opinions are just that. We are just Monday morning quarterbacks here. But I don't believe Joe talked to anyone seriously about what was what. His ego was too big to answer those questions from a board he really didn't respect. They tried to get him to leave a few times and he would have none of that. I have it on good authority that JoePa and Spanier (ex-president) could not even be in the same room together at a social function. Absolute power corrupts absolutely applies here to a large degree. IMO.
I'd like to hope that at the end Joe realized he had fucked up and manned up to it. I still feel way let down because I've been a huge fan of his since the 80s and would like to hope in the end he was the Joe I thought he was. Amen!

Tin Man
2012-07-23, 17:12
Spanier issues a rebuttal...

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?section=news/sports/college/football&sa=NCF&eid=8192066

Ewker
2012-07-23, 17:39
And of course the commission never got to talk to Joe. Duh. I guess we should not judge John Wilks Booth to have killed President Lincoln because he was never questioned.

well of course John Wilkes Booth never got questioned. He was never caught to begin with. He lived until 1903 then committed suicide
http://www.cbn.com/cbnnews/us/2011/February/Did-John-Wilkes-Booth-Escape-Justice/

Lone Wolf
2012-07-23, 17:44
:rolleyes2
Whatever. I will go silent on this topic now.

Sincerely,
Tin Man the packsniffing a-hole

yeah right

Tin Man
2012-07-23, 18:04
:rolleyes2

yeah right

i lied, sue me :P

sheepdog
2012-07-23, 18:51
i lied, sue me :P

anyone got weasies number??

Tin Man
2012-07-23, 18:56
anyone got weasies number??

1800buttfuck

Russell
2012-07-23, 19:08
1800buttfuck

Got it on speed dial, huh?

Tin Man
2012-07-23, 19:12
Got it on speed dial, huh?

sure. he offered to carry my poop on numerous occasions... fortunately [or unfortunately*], i have not had an occasion where it needed carrying.

[*i would love to hike in one of those pristine areas out west that is too good for human poop according to federal regs]

MonkeyBoy
2012-07-23, 19:16
I like eggs.

Tin Man
2012-07-23, 19:23
This would solve the real problem...

Lone Wolf
2012-07-23, 19:59
sure. he offered to carry my poop on numerous occasions... fortunately [or unfortunately*], i have not had an occasion where it needed carrying.

maybe cuz you don't hike?

Tin Man
2012-07-23, 20:03
maybe cuz you don't hike?

After a 4-day weekend of canoeing, I might just give up hiking. Portaging and paddling is much easier than hiking in NH. That I can tell you from experience.

JAK
2012-07-23, 20:32
School still has a way to go to fix things, and other schools and institutions should take notice.

Tin Man
2012-07-23, 20:32
Oh nice, now PS Basketball as well as any PS sport has to fight the stigma,,,

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/blog/eye-on-college-basketball/19638627/no-penalties-for-penn-state-basketball-but-this-scandal-is-still-an-obstacle-to-success

SGT Rock
2012-07-23, 20:38
Oh nice, now PS Basketball as well as any PS sport has to fight the stigma,,,

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/blog/eye-on-college-basketball/19638627/no-penalties-for-penn-state-basketball-but-this-scandal-is-still-an-obstacle-to-success

Any Penn State program that includes balls will get it.

Hog On Ice
2012-07-23, 20:41
humm - a win for hockey huh?

Tin Man
2012-07-23, 20:43
Any Penn State program that includes balls will get it.

one kid cocksucker and thousands of lives and plans in the balance. makes one wish bubba gives sandusky a happy, and final, ending

sheepdog
2012-07-23, 21:23

[*i would love to hike in one of those pristine areas out west that is too good for human poop according to federal regs]

You are confused. He offered to pack your poop. That's different.

Tin Man
2012-07-23, 21:25
Facebook post from an old friend whom I have not talked to since high school. He doesn't know I went to Penn State and he posted this for anyone listening...

The NCAA was screwed up before the Sandusky revelations. Whose going to santion them? Oh yeah, I guess Congress can do that since they aren't doing what they are supposed to do to govern the country. When I learn specifics on what Paterno did or didn't do, I will re-assess, but todays sanctions vs Penn State without any due process seem completely ludicrous to me. How will they make the victims whole? Or better in any way? I'm certainly missing something... And I'm not even a Penn State or Joe Paterno fan...

saimyoji
2012-07-23, 21:53
well, its been said on this thread at least twice, and i'm sure we're all smart enough to know that there are levels of impropriety and even corruption in any organization that doesn't have transparency and clearly defined and evenly enforced rules and penalties.

add millions of dollars and votes and you've got major problems.

shit, even the local high schools have their fair share of this kind of sports prioritized climates. any time the football team need new jockstraps or helmet stickers they get em. but when the classrooms need books or more teachers it doesn't happen.

there used to be a clause in the teacher contract that required teachers to attend a minimum of ten football games.

DesertReprobate
2012-07-23, 21:59
Sandusky will be going in a tight end and coming out a wide receiver.

saimyoji
2012-07-23, 21:59
He'll die in jail.

Tin Man
2012-07-23, 22:03
well, its been said on this thread at least twice, and i'm sure we're all smart enough to know that there are levels of impropriety and even corruption in any organization that doesn't have transparency and clearly defined and evenly enforced rules and penalties.

add millions of dollars and votes and you've got major problems.

shit, even the local high schools have their fair share of this kind of sports prioritized climates. any time the football team need new jockstraps or helmet stickers they get em. but when the classrooms need books or more teachers it doesn't happen.

there used to be a clause in the teacher contract that required teachers to attend a minimum of ten football games.

many, including me, thought joepa had too much power and should have been retired years ago. but no one had an inclination that he might abuse that power, if that was truly the case. without him around to answer, we might never know what really happened. everyone facing criminal penalties are just going to protect themselves. and the new coach and new management are just falling on the sword accepting every bit of sanctions as if it will make them and penn state pure again. everyone is just being a coward and not really addressing what is right or wrong.

saimyoji
2012-07-23, 22:06
everyone is just being a coward and not really addressing what is right or wrong.

sounds familiar....

D'Artagnan
2012-07-23, 23:17
I'll admit, I have not read through all these posts. What baffles me is how anyone anywhere can even begin to offer any excuse for any person or institution that either explicitly or implicitly condones or ignores the absolutely reprehensible act of preying on children. I have zero tolerance for this behavior and if I were the parent of a child who had been abused, you can rest assured I would see that the perpetrator suffered more than my child. To have someone even offer lateral coverage for this type of behavior is abhorrent to me.

SGT Rock
2012-07-23, 23:17
Facebook post from an old friend whom I have not talked to since high school. He doesn't know I went to Penn State and he posted this for anyone listening...

The NCAA was screwed up before the Sandusky revelations. Whose going to santion them? Oh yeah, I guess Congress can do that since they aren't doing what they are supposed to do to govern the country. When I learn specifics on what Paterno did or didn't do, I will re-assess, but todays sanctions vs Penn State without any due process seem completely ludicrous to me. How will they make the victims whole? Or better in any way? I'm certainly missing something... And I'm not even a Penn State or Joe Paterno fan...Why in the world would congress care? The NCAA is not mentioned in federal law. It isn't in their purview. What it would take is the members of the NCAA getting together and amending their bylaws and/or throwing out the bums, if that is what they think they are.

Personally I think they don't go far enough.

SGT Rock
2012-07-23, 23:18
I'll admit, I have not read through all these posts. What baffles me is how anyone anywhere can even begin to offer any excuse for any person or institution that either explicitly or implicitly condones or ignores the absolutely reprehensible act of preying on children. I have zero tolerance for this behavior and if I were the parent of a child who had been abused, you can rest assured I would see that the perpetrator suffered more than my child. To have someone even offer lateral coverage for this type of behavior is abhorrent to me.
Partisanship. Failure to see things objectively. That sort of thing.

SGT Rock
2012-07-23, 23:19
everyone is just being a coward and not really addressing what is right or wrong.Actually I think it is calling manning up and taking your lumps. They deserve what they got. More even.

saimyoji
2012-07-23, 23:22
....if I were the parent of a child who had been abused, you can rest assured I would see that the perpetrator suffered more than my child. To have someone even offer lateral coverage for this type of behavior is abhorrent to me.

it is my understanding that the victims are from homes with absent or no parents. even more disgusting to prey on the weak, take advantage of them.

JDBaughman
2012-07-23, 23:23
it is my understanding that the victims are from homes with absent or no parents. even more disgusting to prey on the weak, take advantage of them.

Exactly, and I think $60 million is still a slap on the wrist...

*EDIT*

Eh hmm, JUST a slap on the wrist... how many children do they know of so far? This went on for years...

SGT Rock
2012-07-23, 23:25
As I recall (I may have heard it wrong) the $60 mil is for the victims.

JDBaughman
2012-07-23, 23:26
As I recall (I may have heard it wrong) the $60 mil is for the victims.

Either way, it's still a slap on the wrist... Penn state has to pay it right...? That's chump change to a large business like Penn state. (yes I said business, cause that's what a university/college is)

JDBaughman
2012-07-23, 23:29
That stuff could potentially ruin those people for the rest of their lives... I knew a girl that was sexually molested when she was young... She ain't right nowadays...

I just don't think that $60 million is enough... But, there really isn't much that can be done. It's just such a horrible thing to have happen that I guess it feels like nothing is going to be enough... Maybe Penn State can recover from all this and move forward. Rebuild and reshape their legacy

SGT Rock
2012-07-23, 23:31
Oh I ain't saying it is right or fair. Just saying it is. The victims can still sue the University and the NCAA. I expect they (the University and the NCAA) will try to settle out of court.

saimyoji
2012-07-23, 23:31
no. the 60 mil is for programs that support victims of abuse. not specifically these victims. AND the programs cannot be affiliated with the university in any way. just re-read the article. the second paragraph is chilling. they did what they had to to save the program. to speak nothing to actually fixing the problems at hand....

...there's still more to this story. more people will come forward. the fall of Ped-state is just beginning.

from this link:
http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/8191027/penn-state-hit-60-million-fine-4-year-bowl-ban-wins-dating-1998

"The NCAA said the $60 million was equivalent to the average annual revenue of the football program. The NCAA ordered Penn State to pay the penalty funds into an endowment for "external programs preventing child sexual abuse or assisting victims and may not be used to fund such programs at the university."

"We had our backs to the wall on this," Penn State president Rodney Erickson told the Centre Daily Times of Pennsylvania in an interview later Monday, saying the school accepted the penalties to avoid the so-called "death penalty" that could have resulted in the suspension of the football program for at least one year. "We did what we thought was necessary to save the program."

Crikey
2012-07-23, 23:54
"We had our backs to the wall on this" - Penn State president Rodney Erickson

Too bad Sandusky's victims didn't have that option.

SGT Rock
2012-07-24, 00:01
I stand corrected.

saimyoji
2012-07-24, 00:14
i read the grand jury report and was physically ill several times.....a truly evil evil man. how anyone can defend or entertain sympathetic notions is beyond me.

can't wait till his wife's tell all book comes out....

can't wait till the movie deal goes through....

someone will find a way to get rich of him....

Tin Man
2012-07-24, 05:12
I ain't defending evil and abhorent behaviour. I am defending due process, which only those charged with crimes so far are receiving, and fairness. We disagree on what is fair. The NCAA punishment does not go far enough to prevent this from happening again. It is just a revenge treatment IMO. I would want to see a yearly fine of 30 million, like the one given, for 5 years to pay for a child protection educational and reporting system for all NCAA division 1 teams.

My apologies if I have offended anyone here or at anytime during the last 4 years. Later.

Lone Wolf
2012-07-24, 10:11
My apologies if I have offended anyone here or at anytime during the last 4 years. Later.

are we quitting the website again?

Tin Man
2012-07-24, 10:23
are we quitting the website again?

nope. sorry to disappoint. i do think i will start over with a new 4 years of stuff to apologize for. :)

Superman
2012-07-24, 10:45
nope. sorry to disappoint. i do think i will start over with a new 4 years of stuff to apologize for. :)

LMAO, that's telling him.:bird:

D'Artagnan
2012-07-24, 15:07
Some of y'all are retarded. I mean that in a friendly kinda way. :aetsch:

mudhead
2012-07-25, 19:35
http://www.rr.com/news/topic/article/rr/55254887/72467515/AP_source_PSU_trustees_meeting_on_NCAA_penalty

If they had a lick of sense they would have zapped the football program for a year at least. Before the NCAA had a chance to meet.

It's all about money.

Tin Man
2012-07-25, 20:33
Forget the money for the program - I think PSU got off easy monetarily. The alumni can easily make up the $60 million fine. What really sucks here is that many innocent people are going to get penalized IF the sanctions result in the worst case scenario that PSU cannot recover and have a winning team for 10 years. During a football weekend, the town doubles in size; a town that thrives or wilts partially based on the football program. IF the team should decline to the point the fans give up, the following will happen:

1. Ticket sales will be way off, affecting game day merchants in and around the stadium.
2. Without as many people attending games, business in town will suffer and some will cut jobs, others may close.
3. There will probably be other economic consequences that will cause others to suffer.
4. We are already are seeing other athletic programs at PSU being affected monetarily and recruiting-wise.
5. Aside from economics, the students and fans have come to live and enjoy the football culture and they could see it disappear.

I am hopeful that it won't get that bad, but many fear it will. None of the folks affected in the points above are guilty of any wrongdoing. The guilty folks are either dead, in jail, facing criminal prosecution or lost their jobs (and maybe should be charged too). PSU has already taken corrective action and should be on probation and face sanctions, but the sanctions here are vindictive and simply unfair and will create more victims, solving nothing and just making matters worse. Sanctions directed to prevent abuse are appropriate and maybe should have been expanded from what was included.

As far as the press shit about PSU needs to get back to education. Um, no. Other NCAA teams maybe, but of the top 50 NCAA football programs, PSU is at the top with graduation rates of 85 percent. The president of IOWA is chairman of the conference's council of presidents and chancellors and one of the biggest critics calling for harsh action and call for getting back to academics. His school is ranked among the lowest in graduation rates with around 50%. Nice, huh?

Nobody can tell me I don't get it. Frack you! I do get it. I have my own teenage boys, I have scouts I help, I am an occasional Catholic. Hell, I even had to address a situation personally where older scouts from another troop were harassing one of our scouts in the summer camp showers. I get it that boys were horribly wronged and that it cannot be let to ever happen again at PSU or anywhere else. These sanctions do not accomplish that. I feel sorry for you and pray for you if you feel punishing so many others is a good thing. It simply is not.

p.s. I like eggs.

Big Mac
2012-07-25, 20:57
Too many words.

SGT Rock
2012-07-25, 20:58
I know, right.

Skidsteer
2012-07-25, 21:01
1. Ticket sales will be way off, affecting game day merchants in and around the stadium.
2. Without as many people attending games, business in town will suffer and some will cut jobs, others may close.
3. There will probably be other economic consequences that will cause others to suffer.
4. We are already are seeing other athletic programs at PSU being affected monetarily and recruiting-wise.
5. Aside from economics, the students and fans have come to live and enjoy the football culture and they could see it disappear.

That's what happens when grown men fuck little boys and the institution turns a blind eye to preserve a program.

Now the community is hurt as a consequence. This is precisely what happens when evil is tolerated. It not only destroys the lives of the victims but innocent bystanders get shit on as well. Every time.

sheepdog
2012-07-25, 22:25
That's what happens when grown men fuck little boys and the institution turns a blind eye to preserve a program.

Now the community is hurt as a consequence. This is precisely what happens when evil is tolerated. It not only destroys the lives of the victims but innocent bystanders get shit on as well. Every time.
yepper

Lone Wolf
2012-07-25, 22:42
Forget the money for the program - I think PSU got off easy monetarily. The alumni can easily make up the $60 million fine. What really sucks here is that many innocent people are going to get penalized IF the sanctions result in the worst case scenario that PSU cannot recover and have a winning team for 10 years. During a football weekend, the town doubles in size; a town that thrives or wilts partially based on the football program. IF the team should decline to the point the fans give up, the following will happen:

I am hopeful that it won't get that bad, but many fear it will. None of the folks affected in the points above are guilty of any wrongdoing. The guilty folks are either dead, in jail, facing criminal prosecution or lost their jobs (and maybe should be charged too). PSU has already taken corrective action and should be on probation and face sanctions, but the sanctions here are vindictive and simply unfair and will create more victims, solving nothing and just making matters worse. Sanctions directed to prevent abuse are appropriate and maybe should have been expanded from what was included.

As far as the press shit about PSU needs to get back to education. Um, no. Other NCAA teams maybe, but of the top 50 NCAA football programs, PSU is at the top with graduation rates of 85 percent. The president of IOWA is chairman of the conference's council of presidents and chancellors and one of the biggest critics calling for harsh action and call for getting back to academics. His school is ranked among the lowest in graduation rates with around 50%. Nice, huh?

Nobody can tell me I don't get it. Frack you! I do get it. I have my own teenage boys, I have scouts I help, I am an occasional Catholic. Hell, I even had to address a situation personally where older scouts from another troop were harassing one of our scouts in the summer camp showers. I get it that boys were horribly wronged and that it cannot be let to ever happen again at PSU or anywhere else. These sanctions do not accomplish that. I feel sorry for you and pray for you if you feel punishing so many others is a good thing. It simply is not.

p.s. I like eggs.
if one of your sons got fucked with you'd be singin' another tune. fact

saimyoji
2012-07-25, 23:15

maybe not. he has mentioned that a scout leader in his troop and a priest in his church, both convicted pedophiles, are still active....and he's not protesting it.....hmmmm......

JDBaughman
2012-07-26, 01:20
A wolf is part predator and part scavenger... Just saying

Tin Man
2012-07-26, 06:02
maybe not. he has mentioned that a scout leader in his troop and a priest in his church, both convicted pedophiles, are still active....and he's not protesting it.....hmmmm......

Um no, they are not active!

Tin Man
2012-07-26, 06:07

Wrong. I am not a vindictive person. Fact.

Throw the book at the guilty, yes. Take out anger on innocent bystanders, no. To me, that is almost as wrong as the crime itself.

Superman
2012-07-26, 09:36
Wrong. I am not a vindictive person. Fact.

Throw the book at the guilty, yes. Take out anger on innocent bystanders, no. To me, that is almost as wrong as the crime itself.

Every boy that was abused was abused by the Penn State system that failed to deal with "their" pedophile. Penn State is as guilty as Sandusky. I realize that your identity is attached to Penn State as as an alumnus. Every boy that was abused has family, friends etc in their lives that were also abused by the trauma caused by both Sandusky and Penn State. They were all innocent victims of the abuse. Those boys are likely not going to be what or who they would have been because of Sandusky....and Penn State. Trivializing and suggesting that Penn State get a pass because the Penn State community success that will be diminished will hurt is obscene and self serving. I suggest that you give more thought to what happened at Penn State.

Tin Man
2012-07-26, 09:50
Every boy that was abused was abused by the Penn State system that failed to deal with "their" pedophile. Penn State is as guilty as Sandusky. I realize that your identity is attached to Penn State as as an alumnus. Every boy that was abused has family, friends etc in their lives that were also abused by the trauma caused by both Sandusky and Penn State. They were all innocent victims of the abuse. Those boys are likely not going to be what or who they would have been because of Sandusky....and Penn State. Trivializing and suggesting that Penn State get a pass because the Penn State community success that will be diminished will hurt is obscene and self serving. I suggest that you give more thought to what happened at Penn State.

i am not suggesting anyone get a pass. how did the fans or businesses or employees of those business participate in exploiting those young boys? the 'system' failed, yes. but the system does not include those who had no inkling of what was going on. in essence, you are accusing me and my family, who had season tickets during that period and made donations, of supporting abuse. is that what how you feel? i am somehow guilty?

Superman
2012-07-26, 10:02
i am not suggesting anyone get a pass. how did the fans or businesses or employees of those business participate in exploiting those young boys? the 'system' failed, yes. but the system does not include those who had no inkling of what was going on. in essence, you are accusing me and my family, who had season tickets during that period and made donations, of supporting abuse. is that what how you feel? i am somehow guilty?

You're reaching.

Tin Man
2012-07-26, 11:00
You're reaching.

Really? The sanctions could very well result in the team being non-competitive for 10 years. All the pundits are saying this is likely. If that happens, Penn State will lose fans, fans who do a lot of business in State College. Business will be down, jobs will be lost, and loyal fans will lose their beloved winning team. The NCAA sanctions punish more than the 'system', unless you include me and the rest of the fans in the system. You call this justice? I call it vindictive vigilantism, born out of hatred and jealously. The sanctions make more innocent victims. Pathetic.

Arguing with retards is retarded, I know. Later...

Lone Wolf
2012-07-26, 11:21
Really? The sanctions could very well result in the team being non-competitive for 10 years. All the pundits are saying this is likely. If that happens, Penn State will lose fans, fans who do a lot of business in State College. Business will be down, jobs will be lost, and loyal fans will lose their beloved winning team. The NCAA sanctions punish more than the 'system', unless you include me and the rest of the fans in the system. You call this justice? I call it vindictive vigilantism, born out of hatred and jealously. The sanctions make more innocent victims. Pathetic.

Arguing with retards is retarded, I know. Later...big deal. it's just football. find another job, another school. you're forgettin' about the dozens of raped boys. you still don't get it

Tin Man
2012-07-26, 11:23
http://jackandviv.files.wordpress.com/2011/03/farting_cartoon_man_iphone_ipad_case_speckcase-p176032776529983860vu1z1_400.jpg

rhjanes
2012-07-26, 11:50
SMU was paying players, giving BS jobs, furniture, cars. They got the death sentence. It has been 20 years and they are just now getting back to competitive college football. And they weren't covering up pedifiles. Just saying. Penn State sports got off fairly light. And some of my relatives work there.

Law Dawg (ret)
2012-07-26, 12:20

Arguing with retards is retarded, I know. Later...

The same rationalization and argument could be (and probably was) the key philosophy the leaders of the Roman Catholic Church used while shuffling pedophiles and concealing their activities all to protect they own organization. In fact I could substitute RCC for Penn State in many of those areas of your post and it would mess well. All while boys were being buggered and for years. At least Penn State is not supposed to be held to Scriptures in decisions regarding Church disciplinary actions for blatant unrepentant sin in members of leadership.

Rationalization of evil for the cause of pragmatism is ugly no matter where it comes from. If that seems retarded to you, well...:hmmmm:

Kanga
2012-07-26, 12:28
TM, I love you but you are so completely misguided on this it is staggering. Nobody is taking out "anger" on Penn state. Yes, innocents are going to suffer with the outcome, but you know what?that is the football program's doing, not the regulatory commission.
According to your emotionally misguided "logic" our military shouldn't have gone after Osama and the rest of al queda because they weren't on the fucking plane and their wives and children will suffer if they're killed too.
Here's a news flash for you: life isn't fucking fair. It never has been and never will be.

Tin Man
2012-07-26, 12:51
wow. such a hateful bunch. oh well....

http://i.qkme.me/368727.jpg

Crikey
2012-07-26, 13:07
http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2012/07/26/report-penn-state-faced-4-year-death-penalty/?hpt=hp_bn1

Quit bitching.

sheepdog
2012-07-26, 13:08
Don't gotta be hateful to disagree. It's just a discussion.

Tin Man
2012-07-26, 15:40
http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2012/07/26/report-penn-state-faced-4-year-death-penalty/?hpt=hp_bn1

Quit bitching.

i'll see your cnn link with my own that reflects my feelings on this matter....

http://www.cnn.com/2012/07/23/us/penn-state-reaction/index.html

Roots
2012-07-26, 15:48
....pass the popcorn....

Cuffs
2012-07-26, 16:16
....pass the popcorn....

Save me a seat!

Roots
2012-07-26, 16:25
Save me a seat!

Definitely! Plenty of room and popcorn... Bring Your beef...

saimyoji
2012-07-26, 16:33
i'll see your cnn link with my own that reflects my feelings on this matter....

http://www.cnn.com/2012/07/23/us/penn-state-reaction/index.html

How do you feel about this link?

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2012/07/26/future-penn-state-retribution-or-redemption/

Crikey
2012-07-26, 16:34
Nope. I'm out.

Tin Man, we'll just disagree. I'll buy you a brew someday when we meet.

Tin Man
2012-07-26, 17:20
I'm out too. I will buy you all a beer when I see you... which from my distance will be the tenth of never. :-/

Russell
2012-07-26, 18:28
I am not one to quote Fox News but for Tin Man I will:

"Men who should have known better sacrificed innocent young souls on the alter of Penn State."

They should have been given the death penalty.

Your school got off easy, TM.

Tin Man
2012-07-26, 18:33
TM, I love you but you are so completely misguided on this it is staggering. Nobody is taking out "anger" on Penn state. Yes, innocents are going to suffer with the outcome, but you know what?that is the football program's doing, not the regulatory commission.
According to your emotionally misguided "logic" our military shouldn't have gone after Osama and the rest of al queda because they weren't on the fucking plane and their wives and children will suffer if they're killed too.
Here's a news flash for you: life isn't fucking fair. It never has been and never will be.

Don't gotta be hateful to disagree. It's just a discussion.

....pass the popcorn....

Save me a seat!

Definitely! Plenty of room and popcorn... Bring Your beef...

Just shut the fuck up and pull me out!

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_Yilhs_K5Prs/ScQfKAo_eyI/AAAAAAAAANI/PQc7uUS1qBk/s400/032009_elephant_ass.jpg

Superman
2012-07-26, 18:34
I'm out too. I will buy you all a beer when I see you... which from my distance will be the tenth of never. :-/

I just got home and read the thread. I know you are an intelligent man of conscience. I'm not tryong to beat the dead horse but it seems like you are so over i9nvested in this Penn State thing that you're missing the important part of it....the boys were abused in the worst way and Paenn State was an active accomplice in that abuse. Your reaction makes me uncomfortable because it reminds me of my catholic ex-wife. She has a knee jerk reaction to defend and minimize. She just will not accept that her church put the abusive priests in play and then moved them intentionally to avoid detection. Like Penn State the Catholic Church allowed and maintained the format and envirement for the abuses to go on and on. I have greater hope that you will come to accept that than my ex ever will.

Lone Wolf
2012-07-26, 19:01

Hog On Ice
2012-07-26, 20:06
I agree Lone Wolf

Tin Man
2012-07-26, 20:09
I just got home and read the thread. I know you are an intelligent man of conscience. I'm not tryong to beat the dead horse but it seems like you are so over i9nvested in this Penn State thing that you're missing the important part of it....the boys were abused in the worst way and Paenn State was an active accomplice in that abuse. Your reaction makes me uncomfortable because it reminds me of my catholic ex-wife. She has a knee jerk reaction to defend and minimize. She just will not accept that her church put the abusive priests in play and then moved them intentionally to avoid detection. Like Penn State the Catholic Church allowed and maintained the format and envirement for the abuses to go on and on. I have greater hope that you will come to accept that than my ex ever will.

don't talk to me about the catholic church. the pastor at our church was cleared of teenage girls when he was in his 20s. [this is separate issue to the child molestor priest who we had earlier and is now defrocked and served/is serving jail time.] the bishop who is in line to be cardinal cleared him by saying he recovered from his issues in the past. now in his 50s, the pastor made unwanted advances to a volunteer who was going through a divorce. he didn't respond to no means no. the church tried to make that go away quietly. the volunteer leaders said no way and had to threaten going public for the pastor to be removed. he is now on the bench in some catholic facility, undoubtedly waiting to be reassigned when no one is looking. this just happened last year! the catholic church is not fixed! and i don't participate much any longer. all cases here were settled in the courts or with payoffs no one of which go far enough IMO. no sanctions.

scouts too occasionally have issues, even with all the extra mandatory training and two deep leadership rules. all cases here are settled in the courts and i am not sure if that is enough, but i know they work hard on preventative actions. again, no sanctions.

so fuck 'em all

i hope the team stays together with coach o'brien and kicks some major league ass in the fall!!! go penn state!

Austin
2012-07-26, 20:09
I agree Lone Wolf

I concur.

Russell
2012-07-26, 20:21
I wonder how much of the $60 million the Catholic church will see. LOL

saimyoji
2012-07-27, 11:18
Forget about the football team; if these lawsuits go through, Ped-State is done for.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/07/27/sandusky-shower-abuse-accuser-to-sue-penn-state/

Cuffs
2012-07-27, 11:53
I saw on the news last night that some asshat has already filed suit against the theater, the company that made the movie and even Bale for what happened in CO. This guy was at the theater but not even in the specific one where the shooting happened (if I understood correctly).

Something about how it was a very violent movie and they should have known it would breed violence...
I'm trying to figure out who forced him to go see it?

Tin Man
2012-07-27, 13:18
Forget about the football team; if these lawsuits go through, Ped-State is done for.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/07/27/sandusky-shower-abuse-accuser-to-sue-penn-state/

how's that? psu has 500,000 alumni who contributed over $200million last year. They could (and should IMO) set up a victims fund and start dialing for dollars.

Superman
2012-07-27, 16:08
how's that? psu has 500,000 alumni who contributed over $200million last year. They could (and should IMO) set up a victims fund and start dialing for dollars.

Go ahead a propose it to Penn State....they're going to need all they can raise.

Tin Man
2012-07-27, 17:10
Go ahead a propose it to Penn State....they're going to need all they can raise.

I am sure they have more brainpower than us to figure out how to address all these lawsuits. Maybe they can build more seats at Beaver Stadium, but who would come? Oops, my bad.

sheepdog
2012-07-27, 23:28
So can we start the Penn State jokes now?

Roots
2012-07-28, 01:48

When couldn't we...

Kanga
2012-07-28, 08:28
i have been waiting FOR-EVAH it seems like!

Kanga
2012-07-28, 08:28
for example, rock, your title is inaccurate. penn state isn't the one that got hammered.

sheepdog
2012-07-28, 09:30
What time is curfew in the Penn State athletic dorms?

When the big hand touches the little hand.

sheepdog
2012-07-28, 09:31
Q: I thought you said you played football when you went to Penn State?

A: No, I said I played under Coach Sandusky!

JERMM
2012-07-28, 10:00

for example, rock, your title is inaccurate. penn state isn't the one that got hammered.

What time is curfew in the Penn State athletic dorms?

When the big hand touches the little hand.

Q: I thought you said you played football when you went to Penn State?

A: No, I said I played under Coach Sandusky!

i can't believe this thread went on for 10-pages before the jokes started

Tin Man
2012-07-28, 10:06
Penn State prefers to be losing at halftime, because at Penn State, they like when you're a little behind in the locker room.

Law Dawg (ret)
2012-07-28, 12:15
How do you separate the men from the boys in Penn State football?

With a crowbar...

Tin Man
2012-07-28, 12:21
What do Sandusky and caviar have in common?

They both come on little white crackers.

Tin Man
2012-07-28, 12:23
Jerry Sandusky walks into an elementary school just as classes are let out for the day, when a teacher approaches him & asks, "so which child is yours?" Sandusky replies: "I don't care, surprise me."

Tin Man
2012-07-28, 12:25
At Sandusky's arraignment, the judge reportedly asked him, "How does 8-9 years sound?" He replied, "Sexy."

Tin Man
2012-07-28, 12:26
http://media.247sports.com/Uploads/Boards/750/51750/292456.jpg

Tin Man
2012-07-28, 12:26
Sandusky going hard after tight ends.

Tin Man
2012-07-28, 12:27
http://media.247sports.com/Uploads/Boards/949/70949/292494.jpg

Tin Man
2012-07-28, 12:29
What's Sandusky's favorite thing about 29 year olds?

Answer: there's twenty of them

Tin Man
2012-07-28, 12:29
What do Sandusky and JC Penny have in common?

They both have young boys pants half off.

Tin Man
2012-07-28, 12:35
How does Sandusky make a burger?

Stick an old piece of meat between two fresh buns

chief
2012-07-28, 12:39
I sent my kid to Penn State to become a tight end, but he came back a wide receiver.

Roots
2012-07-28, 13:22
You guys are so so quick at making up butt jokes... Hhhmmmmm....

sheepdog
2012-07-28, 13:32
nttawwt

cool breeze
2012-07-28, 13:38
http://media.247sports.com/Uploads/Boards/949/70949/292494.jpg

And a sore butt.

Law Dawg (ret)
2012-07-28, 15:04
So little Billy gets to hang out at Penn State for a day and when he gets home his mommy asks "Well how was your day?".

Billy: Pretty good...I got laid.

Mommy: Shame on you, go to your room and just you wait until your dad gets home.

Dad comes home and after the chat with SWAMBO goes to Billy's room to work it out.

Dad: Son mom is upset. Maybe you should not have told her but hey I understand...yer a chip off the old block. So how did it feel!?

Billy: OK I guess...my butt still hurts though.

Austin
2012-07-28, 17:35
http://p.twimg.com/AwCy450CQAEsj3I.jpg:large

Austin
2012-07-28, 17:36
http://thepoliticalcarnival.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/sandusky.jpg

Austin
2012-07-28, 17:38
http://www.memphisflyer.com/imager/three-lessons-from-the-penn-statesandusky-affair/b/original/3078922/3c9d/-1.jpg

Austin
2012-07-28, 17:39
http://media.caglecartoons.com/media/cartoons/178/2012/06/23/113994_600.jpg

saimyoji
2012-07-28, 17:42
you guys know i've a dark side, but i find the jokes at the expense of the kids in rather poor taste. jokes against ped-state or sandusky or paterno...fine. but lay off the kids for crissakes....

Austin
2012-07-28, 17:46
http://blogs.thetimes-tribune.com/johncole/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/061412coletoon.jpg

Austin
2012-07-28, 17:47
you guys know i've a dark side, but i find the jokes at the expense of the kids in rather poor taste. jokes against ped-state or sandusky or paterno...fine. but lay off the kids for crissakes....

I am leaving those ones out.

Austin
2012-07-28, 17:50
http://blogs.thetimes-tribune.com/johncole/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/0724coletoonnew.jpg

Austin
2012-07-28, 17:57
http://www.drewlitton.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/litt120625inkbw.gif

Austin
2012-07-28, 18:00
http://media.caglecartoons.com/media/cartoons/136/2012/06/27/114194_600.jpg

Austin
2012-07-28, 18:02
http://img.allvoices.com/thumbs/image/609/609/93367232-sandusky-verdict.jpg

Austin
2012-07-28, 18:04
http://www.bokbluster.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/120713pennstate-report.jpg

Austin
2012-07-28, 18:07
http://media.cleveland.com/darcy/photo/10271946-large.jpg

Austin
2012-07-28, 18:14
http://img.ibtimes.com/www/data/images/full/2012/07/24/290256-colorado-shooting-suspect-james-eagan-holmes-makes-his-first-court-app.jpg

Austin
2012-07-28, 18:14
Oops!
_____

Austin
2012-07-28, 18:17
http://media.mcclatchydc.com/smedia/2012/06/23/11/14/q9rY4.La.91.jpg

Nearly Normal
2012-07-28, 20:53
How do you block a thread?

Hog On Ice
2012-07-28, 20:58
just don't open it and when you are done reading the other threads hit Mark Forums Read under the Forum Actions drop down list