PDA

View Full Version : Parking

Livx
2012-07-30, 12:18
I am planning on leaving a car parked at Skeenah Gap for a couple of nights. Has anyone had any problems with vandalism down in GA? I have have never had any issues with that here in TN, but I was talking with Ron Brown at the Amicolola SP on Sat. and He was telling me about a car being vandalized up at the Springer Mnt. parking area.

SGT Rock
2012-07-30, 12:23
Park it at the church there. Better parking there, and there will be people around.

Livx
2012-07-30, 12:27
Would you recommend trying to contact the church and asking permission? Or would that not be a problem?

Livx
2012-07-30, 12:31
Wow, Google Earth is amazing. I am looking at that church right now, but can't quite make out the name of it on the sign. They have a large parking lot though.

SGT Rock
2012-07-30, 12:31
I always ask. Except at the church on US 76 since they are out of business.

Ray
2012-07-30, 14:20
I always ask. Except at the church on US 76 since they are out of business.Used to be a "For Sale" sign in front of the church. That's something you don't see a lot in that area.

D'Artagnan
2012-07-31, 10:22
Used to be a "For Sale" sign in front of the church. That's something you don't see a lot in that area.

Can you imagine the listing for that?

Live like the king of kings in this fully-furnished property. Quiet neighbors (cemetery) and ample room for entertaining -- especially around Easter and Christmas. A supreme sacrifice at $100,000.00.

Cuffs
2012-07-31, 10:31
Id live in one! Seen lots of these types of renos and love them!

Superman
2012-07-31, 11:18
The local church was given a couple million to build a new church so they did. Then they didn't want the expense of maintaining the old one so they sold it to the local bunch of free stater, libertarians. That was a couple years ago and they haven't paid a penny of the property taxes on it. It doesn't have church status just because it looks like a church. Well, it looks a lot less like a church now because they've painted it to sort of look like a hippy van. It's on the town common and the neighbors aren't happy about the change. We don't have any zoning because no one ever did weird stuff around here as these new folks do.

Nearly Normal
2012-07-31, 11:24
The local church was given a couple million to build a new church so they did. Then they didn't want the expense of maintaining the old one so they sold it to the local bunch of free stater, libertarians. That was a couple years ago and they haven't paid a penny of the property taxes on it. It doesn't have church status just because it looks like a church. Well, it looks a lot less like a church now because they've painted it to sort of look like a hippy van. It's on the town common and the neighbors aren't happy about the change. We don't have any zoning because no one ever did weird stuff around here as these new folks do.

Turning the babtismal into a hot tub would be cool.

Superman
2012-07-31, 11:38
Turning the babtismal into a hot tub would be cool.

All the church had was a small bird bath looking thing to splash some drops on the baby.

SGT Rock
2012-07-31, 12:11
I don't know how much they are asking for the church on 76, but I've been in there before - the BMTA used if for their 30th anniversary two years ago. It is a nice building, it would make a good community center or something like that. It would be super nice if the BMTA could ever get the building for an HQ, but they really are not that big of an operation.

rcli4
2012-07-31, 18:52
Didn't folks live in a church in the movie Alice's Restarant?

SGT Rock
2012-07-31, 19:17
Never seen it. Hippy flick right?

Lugnut
2012-07-31, 19:32
Not at all. You were probably still in diapers when it was out. Great movie!

Skidsteer
2012-07-31, 19:59
Better song. And yes they lived in an old church IIRC.