PDA

View Full Version : Fourth Verse of Star Spangled Banner

JERMM
2012-08-08, 16:54
i'll admit i've never heard this before...i've listened to it about 6-times now...tears...thank you MARINE!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=I0fQd858cRc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=I0fQd858cRc

DesertReprobate
2012-08-08, 17:46
Wow!!

Skidsteer
2012-08-08, 18:46
Yes indeed.

Nearly Normal
2012-08-08, 19:06
made a good job of it too!

dixicritter
2012-08-08, 19:47
I love that video!

cool breeze
2012-08-08, 19:56
Tears all around here. There's some bad ass fuckers hanging here tonight. Most of them cops all of them exmilitary and their wives. I showed it to them and while it was playing I looked up and there wasent a dry eye among us. Awesome.

cool breeze
2012-08-08, 20:12
Three have been to Iraq four have been to Asscrackastan two did both and one did four tours in Nam.

saimyoji
2012-08-08, 21:45
I got something in my eye in the middle of that...right around when everyone started standing up....

http://www.usa-flag-site.org/song-lyrics/star-spangled-banner.shtml

Note the URL....its a legit site.

There are FOUR verses....WTF America? For DECADES we've only been singing one QUARTER of our national anthem.....

southmark
2012-08-09, 09:55
I read all of the posts in this thread and thought there is no way something like that could make me tear up. Then I watched the video. I was wrong!

JDBaughman
2012-08-09, 21:57
Nice

I <3 (. Y .)

john pickett
2012-08-10, 10:41
We need more men like that. I'm starting today to memorise all the verses. Can't sing like he can, but it will be a good exercise.

Law Dawg (ret)
2012-08-10, 12:35
I got something in my eye in the middle of that...right around when everyone started standing up....

There are FOUR verses....WTF America? For DECADES we've only been singing one QUARTER of our national anthem.....

Made my eye balls sweat too...that Marine has some pipes and did it justice!

As to the 4th verse etc; We would not want any atheists to be forced to hear that would we? After all just hearing the word or even the concept of GOD would be enough to hypnotize them into being Christians against their will. Then there is the concept of oppressive European white males who ruined everything that was not addressed at all. ;)

Cuffs
2012-08-10, 13:21
Unless you really understand the concepts of agnosticism or atheism, dont speak on that which you dont know.

D'Artagnan
2012-08-10, 13:42
Unless you really understand the concepts of agnosticism or atheism, dont speak on that which you dont know.

If that was the yardstick by which all posts were measured, there wouldn't be too many threads...

Cuffs
2012-08-10, 14:12
True D. But to throw religion in there and assume he knows how a certain group thinks, which he evidently does not, only further divides people. That coming from a so-called Christian who is not supposed to judge people...

D'Artagnan
2012-08-10, 14:22
True D. But to throw religion in there and assume he knows how a certain group thinks, which he evidently does not, only further divides people. That coming from a so-called Christian who is not supposed to judge people...

No argument there. Some of the most judgmental folks I've ever met call themselves Christians.

Superman
2012-08-10, 14:29
http://www.boston.com/travel/blog/2012/08/vietnam_airline.html

I was thinking that one of them looked familiar....like maybe I knew her grandma. ....but actually I could have know all their grandma's.:angel:

Law Dawg (ret)
2012-08-10, 19:30
But to throw religion in there and assume he knows how a certain group thinks, which he evidently does not, only further divides people. That coming from a so-called Christian who is not supposed to judge people...

Now that's funny on more than one level. :laugh:

Raised by Atheists and unchurched until the age of 38...bought and sold the whole Atheist Theology too. Funny thing, as an Atheist I spent much time cussing the God I said did not exist.

Right back at you; don't speak about the knowledge or life experiences of someone you don't know. I thought Atheists were supposed to be smarter than that...at least when I was an athiest I had a sense of humor. A sense of humor that I was not required to check at the door when I became a Christian. :hahaha:

chief
2012-08-11, 01:31
god likes a sense of humor, it's that other sense he doesn't care for, the common variety.