PDA

View Full Version : Denatured Alcohol Resupply on BMT

irpiha
2012-08-20, 23:40
Where are people who are thru hiking the BMT resupplying denatured alcohol? Any prior insight would be greatly appreciated.

Superman
2012-08-21, 03:39
I had no problem getting alcohol on the BMT. You can get some at the hardware store in Ducktown, at the Green Cove Motel or Tellico Plain and then at Fontana Villiage. There are other places along the way also.

chumpchange
2012-08-22, 01:16
next time i'm up around Toccoa River i'll drop in the 'Iron Bridge Cafe' and suggest it. any other items?

Superman
2012-08-22, 07:48
The Green Cove doesn't have hiker resupply. You can send a package there though. Tellico Plain is a long way off and hitching there and back is a problem. You can call the Harris's but they aren't always available. The BMT is a great trail and you should get Sgt Rock's Data book.

Livx
2012-08-22, 10:06
I live in Tellico Plains, If any of you are doing a thru hike I would be willing to meet you at Green Cove and drop off some supplies. I made my first alcohol stove last week out of a couple of aluminum cans.I used the pattern from zenstoves.net. I wasn't really expecting much but wound up being very impressed with how well they work. Here was me perking some coffee on it yesterday at work. 4283

Mags
2012-08-22, 11:13
When I did the BMT, I was able to get HEET pretty easily from what I recall. Ducktown for sure. I was lucky enough to get into town with Rock instead of Cherokee but I imagine they have HEET there, too.