PDA

View Full Version : Thursday BMT here i come...

joedperk
2012-09-04, 18:42
Start my hike Thursday from springer mountain to Ducktown Tn... I want to thank all the members who provided support and information for me... I have one question... Will Dixie Crossroads at Suches Ga... let you leave a food drop their... and what is your opinion of this place.. read good and bad... but hopefully can get hot meal and pick up a food drop...

Skidsteer
2012-09-04, 18:50
Start my hike Thursday from springer mountain to Ducktown Tn... I want to thank all the members who provided support and information for me... I have one question... Will Dixie Crossroads at Suches Ga... let you leave a food drop their... and what is your opinion of this place.. read good and bad... but hopefully can get hot meal and pick up a food drop...

Martins Dixie Depot?

Last time I went by they were out of business.

I loved the place but it wasn't everyone's cup of tea.

Cuffs
2012-09-04, 18:58
Martins Dixie Depot?

Last time I went by they were out of business.

I loved the place but it wasn't everyone's cup of tea.

Yea, had some real nice wall art. Think theres a pic around of that...

joedperk
2012-09-04, 18:59
You are correct ... will check when I go bye their... then the campground might be the place to leave a food drop.. if they will take it... but if not .. well its just a couple days more food... was just trying to lighten the load some...

Ray
2012-09-04, 19:20
Start my hike Thursday from springer mountain to Ducktown Tn... I want to thank all the members who provided support and information for me... I have one question... Will Dixie Crossroads at Suches Ga... let you leave a food drop their... and what is your opinion of this place.. read good and bad... but hopefully can get hot meal and pick up a food drop...I've left a food / alcohol, and some fuel too, drop at the BMT / GA60 crossing, bear bagged in a black plastic garbage bag hung from a tree on the south side of -60. Just go up the gravel FS road a few yards and find a tree 10 yards or so off the trail. Done that a couple times, no problems.

Skidsteer
2012-09-04, 19:22
Yea, had some real nice wall art. Think theres a pic around of that...

Scary stuff.

They used to hang Northerners on the wall. :biggrin:

Skidsteer
2012-09-04, 19:23
What Ray said.

JERMM
2012-09-04, 19:32
Scary stuff.

They used to hang Northerners on the wall. :biggrin:

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

joedperk
2012-09-04, 19:34
Thanks Ray... good idea... then wont have to leave trail...

Kanga
2012-09-04, 20:35
it's opened back up as something else and they are very friendly. to everybody. i don't know about the mail drops, though.