SGT Rock
2012-09-11, 04:37
Extra vigilance today.

sheepdog
2012-09-11, 06:20
Never forget!!

Tin Man
2012-09-11, 06:32
I was working in mid-town on that day, the day the city and the country stood still in shock and horror, about 3 miles from ground zero. I worked with our office safety team to evacuate everyone and console those who had family and friends who worked downtown and feared the worst - most came out okay, but not everyone made it. I was strong through it all until I got home and cried when my young boys greeted me at the door. Two days later, I said fuck it, in spite of everything at work and all, I went ahead with my first planned 50-mile section of the AT. Upon returning to work I heard many stories from survivors, friends and colleagues who shared stories from other survivors or attended funerals. Saw many abandoned, now owner-less cars in train parking lots for awhile afterwards. I will never forget any of it.

Superman
2012-09-11, 09:28
I was just walking into a barber shop in Gardner, ME as the second plane was crashing into the second tower. The barber and the guy in the chair were agape watching it and told me that was the second plane. The guy on TV was saying something like what are the odds of two planes crashing like that in one day. I was living with Daisy in her house in Maine and she had gone for a hike in the whites with her girlfriend. She called about 7:00 ish and I told her that Bush said we are in a state of war. Young people began enlisting in the military to fight the war against terrorism.

john pickett
2012-09-11, 10:42
I was standing at my sink shaving when a local radio host announced a plane had struck the north tower.
I was standing in front of the tv with dried shaving cream on my face watching when the second plane struck.
To this day, I have to turn away when I see video of the disaster.
I'll never forget.

Big Mac
2012-09-11, 10:52
One of my best friends was working in New York at the time. He should have been flying into the city about that time. I said many prayers that day until I heard from his wife that he was ok that evening. Every 9/11 I try to remember all the folks that didn't get the same call.

Nearly Normal
2012-09-11, 11:29
"Repel the invader!"

D'Artagnan
2012-09-11, 14:56
It seems like just yesterday. As I went out this morning to lower our flag to half staff, the memories just came flooding back in and I took a couple minutes to remember all those who perished and all who have sacrificed since that morning. The weather here today is almost identical to that clear morning eleven years ago. I hope all those who had a hand in that terrible act suffer for an eternity.

Crikey
2012-09-11, 15:26
I remember thinking I now understand my mother's sadness for Dec. 7.

rcli4
2012-09-11, 16:55
There was a women on AT-L that was looking for someone to go get her dad. He was at the parkinglot next to her mothers car. Her mother had called her just before she jumped. Somebody from the list was able to go get him. Made me realize how lucky Me and mine were. I can't imagine the guy just waiting there. You couldn't get acrossed the river so he just set there....

SGT Rock
2012-09-11, 20:05
I had just come home from PT.

Skidsteer
2012-09-11, 20:26
I was building a cell site in Rome, GA.

I remember thinking that our world had irrevocably changed and being sad and pissed off.

I was right. Our world really has changed.

sheepdog
2012-09-11, 20:40
I was in prison.

Skidsteer
2012-09-11, 20:43
OK so your world hasn't changed.

Sheesh.

sheepdog
2012-09-11, 20:44
I never have been fit for society.

Superman
2012-09-11, 20:55
I was building a cell site in Rome, GA.

I remember thinking that our world had irrevocably changed and being sad and pissed off.

I was right. Our world really has changed.

I agree.

SGT Rock
2012-09-11, 21:28
It has. That is the nature of things. Adapt.

Superman
2012-09-11, 21:40
I liked the 50s better. Just sayin.

Skidsteer
2012-09-11, 21:45
It has. That is the nature of things. Adapt.

Let's move to Costa Rica and start a Junta. They're good people. They'll never see it coming and they have beaches on the Atlantic and Pacific with mountains and volcanoes between.

I call Secretary of State. They never get shot.

SGT Rock
2012-09-11, 21:51

Then you only had issues if you were black.

Tin Man
2012-09-11, 22:00
Then you only had issues if you were black.

Ouch

Superman
2012-09-11, 22:01
Everyone always had issues and always will. Singling out the 50s as the racist period is not very accurate. Society and individuals abused others...kind of like now only without the BS political correctness veneer that you have today.

Lugnut
2012-09-11, 23:04

The 40's were good too.... Oh, wait a minute. Never mind. :angel:

Crikey
2012-09-11, 23:51
I'm 49. Does that mean next year I become a racist? What happens at 60? Bigotry?

:biggrin:

MonkeyBoy
2012-09-12, 00:13
Let's move to Costa Rica and start a Junta. They're good people. They'll never see it coming and they have beaches on the Atlantic and Pacific with mountains and volcanoes between.

I call Secretary of State. They never get shot.

When Lincoln was assassinated, they also attempted to kill his VP and Secretary of State......just sayin'.

Roots
2012-09-12, 00:38
When Lincoln was assassinated, they also attempted to kill his VP and Secretary of State......just sayin'.

Good for him! Now...

Kanga for the President and me for VP!

PENIS! :D

SGT Rock
2012-09-12, 04:31
Everyone always had issues and always will. Singling out the 50s as the racist period is not very accurate. Society and individuals abused others...kind of like now only without the BS political correctness veneer that you have today.

No, what I am saying is the same thing I said to a guy on the trail this year when he said the 1950s were a mucgh better time because there wasn't the violence or mean spiritedness around that there is today. Which is just looking back and saying "how great things were back when in X". It is revisionist BS. I could easily say the same thing about the 70s, or my Grandparents could have said the same thing about the 30s, whatever. The fact is there were things back then that sucked that folks tend to ignore when they say those things. I don';t give a fuck about political correctness, but it is BS to say everything was hunky-dorry back then because you also have to be ignoring a bunch of stuff that was way more fucked up back then then it is now.

Superman
2012-09-12, 08:13
No, what I am saying is the same thing I said to a guy on the trail this year when he said the 1950s were a mucgh better time because there wasn't the violence or mean spiritedness around that there is today. Which is just looking back and saying "how great things were back when in X". It is revisionist BS. I could easily say the same thing about the 70s, or my Grandparents could have said the same thing about the 30s, whatever. The fact is there were things back then that sucked that folks tend to ignore when they say those things. I don';t give a fuck about political correctness, but it is BS to say everything was hunky-dorry back then because you also have to be ignoring a bunch of stuff that was way more fucked up back then then it is now.

The 50s were great to me. I was young, life was good, people were nice. I hadn't heard about racism, political and other acrimony and Vietnam. My problems included having to stop playing and going home for supper and the endless summers didn't last long enough. I had good friends and there were "girls." Life was good in the 50s.:angel:

Roots
2012-09-12, 08:20
Hell... That sounds like my life as a kid in the early 80s. That's what being a kid was like. I rode my bike everywhere, spent all day outside with my friends, and hated to come home at dark. My neighbors were all friends and we all looked out for one another. We would go to the older neighbors houses and they would give us candy and such. Life was good as a kid in the 80s too. You, as an adult in the 80s, probably thought it sucked. Not to a kid.

Big Mac
2012-09-12, 10:29
Every day is a great day to be alive. Just sayin' . . .

Superman
2012-09-12, 10:42
Hell... That sounds like my life as a kid in the early 80s. That's what being a kid was like. I rode my bike everywhere, spent all day outside with my friends, and hated to come home at dark. My neighbors were all friends and we all looked out for one another. We would go to the older neighbors houses and they would give us candy and such. Life was good as a kid in the 80s too. You, as an adult in the 80s, probably thought it sucked. Not to a kid.

You're right....the 80s weren't so great for me. Divorce was only one of my problems at that time.

D'Artagnan
2012-09-12, 12:10
TV shows were better in the '50's. (And I was born in 1970)

Law Dawg (ret)
2012-09-12, 12:13
...it is BS to say everything was hunky-dorry back then because you also have to be ignoring a bunch of stuff...

My maternal uncle spent a big chunk of his life in the 50s in an iron lung...made the mistake of going swimming and got Polio. He married and had two children while struggling with it until it got him in the 70s. The 50s were no walk in the park for him, he did what the greatest generation did...sucked it up and took care of what needed to be taken care of. Here we are in 2012 and here we must stay...the challenge we can do something about is to make the best of it for others (starting with an honest look at ourselves).

Put up Old Glory (ain't she a beauty of a flag, waving in the breeze!?) in honor of the uniformed and civilians that were murdered and then looked as far as I could up and down my burb street to see others. Nothing anywhere and only a few in my travels...so contemplation led me to this; I am responsible for my attitude and deeds not that of others. I intend to make the best effort to make these the good old days, just like our parents (the greatest generation) did.

NYPD, NYFD, NY Port Authority, etal...:top::top:

Rock, what no American flag smilie? Screw the commies, orthodox Sunnis, and orthodox Shiites bubba bring it on. ;)

D'Artagnan
2012-09-12, 12:18
I don't want to open a can of worms here, but did any of you see the story in the last couple days where the American Atheists were opposing the "cross" recovered from the WTC being displayed among the artifacts in the museum? Have we really come that far in the United States of the offended? Arrghhh...

Lone Wolf
2012-09-12, 12:38
I don't want to open a can of worms here, but did any of you see the story in the last couple days where the American Atheists were opposing the "cross" recovered from the WTC being displayed among the artifacts in the museum? Have we really come that far in the United States of the offended? Arrghhh...if you oppose a cross you're a douchebag cocksucker. how about that?

Kanga
2012-09-12, 13:01
Good for him! Now...

Kanga for the President and me for VP!

PENIS! :D

there would be a lot of hurt pussies at first, but we would have this shit straightened out in short order.

DesertReprobate
2012-09-12, 13:19
I'll be your secretary of state.

Skidsteer
2012-09-12, 13:19

Too late. I called it already.

Cuffs
2012-09-12, 13:26
I get secretary of defense!

saimyoji
2012-09-12, 14:18
I get secretary of the interior....

(thats what she said...)

MonkeyBoy
2012-09-12, 14:31
I'm just in it for the interns...

Roots
2012-09-12, 14:34
there would be a lot of hurt pussies at first, but we would have this shit straightened out in short order.

We all got this shit!

rcli4
2012-09-12, 14:51

Too late. I called it already.

I get secretary of defense!

I get secretary of the interior....

(thats what she said...)

We all got this shit!

I just want to be the quality control man in the local House of Ill Repute.....

D'Artagnan
2012-09-12, 15:18
Works for me. (See Wolf's post)

Big Mac
2012-09-12, 17:26
if you oppose a cross you're a douchebag cocksucker. how about that?

Not trying to discuss religion or anything (:biggrin:), but any true christian would disagree with that comment.

rcli4
2012-09-12, 17:35
Not trying to discuss religion or anything (:biggrin:), but any true christian would disagree with that comment.

If I had to guess I would say the Christ thout they sucked out loud

Superman
2012-09-12, 18:13

Those bile people were always smiting abd begetting. Christ would have told them to "fuck off bitches."

SGT Rock
2012-09-12, 19:51
The 50s were great to me. I was young, life was good, people were nice. I hadn't heard about racism, political and other acrimony and Vietnam. My problems included having to stop playing and going home for supper and the endless summers didn't last long enough. I had good friends and there were "girls." Life was good in the 50s.:angel:

Same could be said about the 70s for me. But looking back on them, the 70s sucked big moose cocks. Probably, IMO, one of the worst decades for the US. The 50s had huge holes of shit I guess it doesn't matter. But the guy on the trail this year was pissin' me off telling all the young people that their generation and its culture were pure crap and were leading to the downfall of the country and things should be like they were in the 1950s when America was at its best.. I eventually pointed out Jim Crowe, the Korean War, Detroit Riots, Federal Troops sent into American States to enforce laws, annual summer polio epidemics, censorship of rock 'n roll, duck and cover, Castle Bravo, and probably a lot of other things he was forgetting when he was dogging the youngsters.

SGT Rock
2012-09-12, 19:54
And screw the commie cocksuckers.

Notice two embassies get attacked on 9/11 in countries we helped get out from under tyrants. 4 Americans dead in the one we set a no-fly zone in.

Lugnut
2012-09-12, 20:02
Surely you didn't expect them to be grateful? It will no doubt get a lot worse.

Ray
2012-09-12, 20:10
Same could be said about the 70s for me. But looking back on them, the 70s sucked big moose cocks. Probably, IMO, one of the worst decades for the US. ... 70's. Disco.

Nothing else needs to be said.

SGT Rock
2012-09-12, 20:11
Personally I feel that the attacks, especially the one in Libya, was an Al Quada operation. One of the general earmarks of Al Quada attacks is simultaneous operations. For a "protest" to include over 20 guys with RPGs and crewserve weapons that leads to a 4 hour gun battle is a little hard to swallow.

SGT Rock
2012-09-12, 20:14
70's. Disco.

Nothing else needs to be said.

A lot could be said, but that about sums it up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4yAkkpbm_8E

SGT Rock
2012-09-12, 20:16
Surely you didn't expect them to be grateful? It will no doubt get a lot worse.

No way anyone with any sense takes this POS seriously.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iC6yGzpSvjU

Skidsteer
2012-09-12, 20:29
A lot could be said, but that about sums it up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4yAkkpbm_8E

It's just amazing that Travolta turned out to be gay.

Who would've known?

SGT Rock
2012-09-12, 20:39
It's just amazing that Travolta turned out to be gay.

Who would've known?

I'm guessing his boyfriend.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

sheepdog
2012-09-12, 20:42
I'm guessing his boyfriend.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

:congrats:

SGT Rock
2012-09-12, 20:44
here is some proof

http://thetwist03.files.wordpress.com/2012/08/john-travolta-shirtless2.jpg

sheepdog
2012-09-12, 20:46
here is some proof

http://thetwist03.files.wordpress.com/2012/08/john-travolta-shirtless2.jpg

was that you trying to peel the label back??

Superman
2012-09-12, 21:19
And screw the commie cocksuckers.

Notice two embassies get attacked on 9/11 in countries we helped get out from under tyrants. 4 Americans dead in the one we set a no-fly zone in.

Every western country that have taken muslims in are regretting it to one degree or another. This shit is too big to attach to politcs. If I were king there would be B-52s filling their sky.

SGT Rock
2012-09-12, 21:23
The problem is with groups like Al Queda is they hide inside neighborhoods of innocents. People they don't think twice about killing, but we do.

Superman
2012-09-12, 21:25
The problem is with groups like Al Queda is they hide inside neighborhoods of innocents. People they don't think twice about killing, but we do.

Um....we had some experience with that in Vietnam. Back here in the world, folks were calling them the good guys.

Skidsteer
2012-09-12, 21:27

We're supposed to chalk that up to cultural differences.

I think maybe they've got a culture of assholes.

Superman
2012-09-12, 21:28
Back in the 50s you could tell who the bad guys were because they wore black hats.:angel:

SGT Rock
2012-09-12, 21:36
and in the 60s it was black pajamas

Tin Man
2012-09-12, 21:39
and in the 2010's it's pant waists hanging below the underwear

Superman
2012-09-12, 21:39
and in the 60s it was black pajamas

...back here in the states folks were calling the guys in black PJs as the good guys.

SGT Rock
2012-09-12, 21:48
and in the 2010's it's pant waists hanging below the underwear

Actually it is these guys in black:
http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/7048/sadr1xq.png

SGT Rock
2012-09-12, 21:49
Mahadi Army

http://www.smh.com.au/ffximage/2007/02/16/mahdi17207_wideweb__470x312,0.jpg

These guys really like to kill Americans.

Tin Man
2012-09-12, 21:50
he would look better with a double tap in his forehead

SGT Rock
2012-09-12, 21:53
Brain implants
http://static.fjcdn.com/large/pictures/9d/cc/9dcc36_1163408.jpg

Lugnut
2012-09-12, 22:54

Laying aside those considerations seemed to work well in Hiroshima and Nagasaki. Just sayin'

Skidsteer
2012-09-12, 23:02
Snap.

Well not really. We were killing the enemy's women and children, not our own.

Lugnut
2012-09-12, 23:04
Better their's than ours.

Tin Man
2012-09-12, 23:26
Better their's than ours.

yep, the thinking behind THE bomb drop was it saved many more lives than if we had invaded japan. of course, everyone knows that to be so.

saimyoji
2012-09-13, 00:33
Laying aside those considerations seemed to work well in Hiroshima and Nagasaki. Just sayin'

A major difference between then and now is that back then we went to war with nations. Now we go to war with "terrorist groups" who may or may not have a national headquarters. If Al Qaeda was a country, I think they'd be toast by now. We need a president who truly believes in God. As in, "Kill 'em all, let God sort 'em out."

Superman
2012-09-13, 04:36

My uncle was one of the Marines preparing to land on the japan main lsland. My family was glad that they found another way to end the war.

SGT Rock
2012-09-13, 04:42
My Grandfather was a sailor in the Pacific with the Marines, he was pretty happy about the bomb.

Elder
2012-09-13, 09:56
My Dad was the Navy photographer on the follow plane behind the Enola Gay.
He took the shots we see.
He also got to shoot the signing of the Japanese surrender on the aircraft carrier.
He felt that taking Japan by ground would be very deadly to our troops, and had a low probability of success.

D'Artagnan
2012-09-13, 10:03
I'm curious about something: Isn't the soil on which US Embassies are located considered to be part of the United States? If so, aren't the attacks on our embassies a direct attack against the United States?

I'm only asking because I know some of you have a lot more experience in the world with matters like this.

D'Artagnan
2012-09-13, 10:06
The bombardier on the 'Enola Gay' -- Tom Ferebee -- grew up about three miles from my home. His brother spoke to my 9th grade history class when I was a kid. I still remember how emotional he was all those years later recounting his brother's role.

Superman
2012-09-13, 10:25
The bombardier on the 'Enola Gay' -- Tom Ferebee -- grew up about three miles from my home. His brother spoke to my 9th grade history class when I was a kid. I still remember how emotional he was all those years later recounting his brother's role.

Sarge said you don't get rich in the military but you get to make history.

Livx
2012-09-13, 12:53
I scratch my head at the fact that during the 60's, fifty thousand americans lost their lives trying to defeat the communist North Vietnamese, which was our enemy at the time. And now the communist Vietnamese and the U.S. are friendly.

Superman
2012-09-13, 13:09
I scratch my head at the fact that during the 60's, fifty thousand americans lost their lives trying to defeat the communist North Vietnamese, which was our enemy at the time. And now the communist Vietnamese and the U.S. are friendly.

In the end all the Vietnamese lost because they were stuck with communism. Our war was never against the Vietnamese people. In the years that followed the war communism failed badly and it was only with a second American intervention more Vietnamese would have suffered even worse than they had been. The years of systematic murder of our former allies and re-education camps were the main focus of the communists. It's one of the things they are good at.

Livx
2012-09-13, 14:33
Communist ideology sells itself as one of fairness and equality, but in practice it is anything but, unless everyone being poor and oppressed is considered"equality". But it's scary to see how many in the U.S. today actually think that communism/socialism would be a good thing. I had a 18 year old college student tell me last week that he thinks that a communist form of government is good.

Superman
2012-09-13, 14:39
The gap between the theory and the practice is hard to discribe to those who haven't seen it.

D'Artagnan
2012-09-13, 15:40
Communist ideology sells itself as one of fairness and equality, but in practice it is anything but, unless everyone being poor and oppressed is considered"equality". But it's scary to see how many in the U.S. today actually think that communism/socialism would be a good thing. I had a 18 year old college student tell me last week that he thinks that a communist form of government is good.

It IS a good form of government if you're a lazy ass sumbitch who wants to suck off the government teat the rest of your life.

SGT Rock
2012-09-13, 20:06
Sarge said you don't get rich in the military but you get to make history.

Or be there for it. Guess who was only a few hundred feet away when they stretched Sadam's neck.

Tin Man
2012-09-13, 20:23
Or be there for it. Guess who was only a few hundred feet away when they stretched Sadam's neck.

thanks for making sure that happened as planned

SGT Rock
2012-09-13, 20:27
thanks for making sure that happened as planned

I was just there. I didn't actually do anything. If it were me we would have run him over with a tank. VERY slowly.

Tin Man
2012-09-13, 20:33
I was just there. I didn't actually do anything. If it were me we would have run him over with a tank. VERY slowly.

well then, thanks for going over to that hell hole and coming back in one piece

SGT Rock
2012-09-13, 20:37
It was my honor to serve my country.

rcli4
2012-09-13, 21:29

I escorted the Shah of Iran from the flight deck of the USS Kitty Hawk to a dinner with the Capt. Then flew with him and the Capt. to the Embassy in Iran. Oh, and I carried my Ithica shotgun that had the bluing burnt off the barrel. If you arrange the shooting get together I'll bring it. I won't shoot it, but I'll bring it...

SGT Rock
2012-09-13, 21:33
I've got an AR15, SU16, Savage Model 10 LE, Remington 870 set up for home defense, and my Granfathers M1 Carbine from the Pacific. Also an SA XD .45ACP and a Sig P226. There are other guns, but these are the fun ones.

Tin Man
2012-09-13, 21:54
found it! i'm ready...

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-iUyuSoFujAY/TwptOUh7FqI/AAAAAAAABXE/YesRKgMYKJw/s1600/supersoaker.jpg

sheepdog
2012-09-13, 21:55
found it! i'm ready...

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-iUyuSoFujAY/TwptOUh7FqI/AAAAAAAABXE/YesRKgMYKJw/s1600/supersoaker.jpg

You'll shoot your eye out kid.

Tin Man
2012-09-13, 22:09
You'll shoot your eye out kid.

i am concerned about the kick

sheepdog
2012-09-13, 22:10
i am concerned about the kick

gonna fill it with bourbon??

Tin Man
2012-09-13, 22:20
gonna fill it with bourbon??

i'm more of a scotch man, but hell yeah!

SGT Rock
2012-09-13, 22:30
not trying to be political, but does this middle east uprising under a democrat president during an election remind anyone else of Carter?

Tin Man
2012-09-13, 22:32
not trying to be political, but does this middle east uprising under a democrat president during an election remind anyone else of Carter?

not exactly, but this wimpy reaction to things does

Lone Wolf
2012-09-13, 22:33

fuckin' A! wish Reagan was here

sheepdog
2012-09-13, 22:36

another vote for Ronaldo Maximus!!

Superman
2012-09-13, 22:46

Talk radio said today that the embassy rules of engagement required our guys with the guns didn't have bullets for them.

Tin Man
2012-09-13, 22:54
Talk radio said today that the embassy rules of engagement required our guys with the guns didn't have bullets for them.

that's not rules of engagement. that's rules of incredible stupidity!

Superman
2012-09-13, 23:11
that's not rules of engagement. that's rules of incredible stupidity!

Apparently embassies write their own rules of engagement. That embassadore had just returned to Libia and felt that it was so much safer than when he was there under Qudafi.

rcli4
2012-09-13, 23:12

didn't you hear Hillary speak today. She said that was totally untrue. She is SOS and she sets rules of engagement. and someone was spreading lies and convincing others that they were notarmed so folks would attach other consulates. She said they would be met with a wall of bullets. Sometime I like that dumb bitch. Not political or nuttin....

Superman
2012-09-13, 23:15
didn't you hear Hillary speak today. She said that was totally untrue. She is SOS and she sets rules of engagement. and someone was spreading lies and convincing others that they were notarmed so folks would attach other consulates. She said they would be met with a wall of bullets. Sometime I like that dumb bitch. Not political or nuttin....

Well, that's good to hear but that only makes me wonder what the truth is. I've had so much smoke blown up my ass I feel like a fucking wind tunnel.

rcli4
2012-09-13, 23:17
Aljazeera said the guards killed 14 intruders. don't think that is reliable but would prove they have bullets

Bearpaw
2012-09-13, 23:17

another vote for Ronaldo Maximus!!

Ronnie Ray-gun would be putting the ass-whoopin' in motion within 24 hours, courtesy of the 82nd Airborne,the nearest Marines, and a couple of carrier battle groups. We're sending two destroyers to the Mediterranean. Whoopie.

Superman
2012-09-13, 23:39
Ronnie Ray-gun would be putting the ass-whoopin' in motion within 24 hours, courtesy of the 82nd Airborne,the nearest Marines, and a couple of carrier battle groups. We're sending two destroyers to the Mediterranean. Whoopie.

One of my COs from Vietnam was Ronnies military advisor in the White House. Robert L. Schweitzer and Al Haig's careers were welded together ever since they were both majors in Vietnam. I served under both of them when they were majors.

Big Mac
2012-09-14, 10:01
Goddam fuckin' politics . . .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

SGT Rock
2012-09-14, 10:08
Fuck politics.

SGT Rock
2012-09-14, 10:09
Just waiting for my new trigger group for my AR15 to arrive.

Crikey
2012-09-14, 10:13

That's why you have to have your bullshit filter on when you listen to those jackasses.

SGT Rock
2012-09-14, 10:19
Absolutely.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=viVAAy_qkx0

john pickett
2012-09-14, 11:05
"does this middle east uprising under a democrat president during an election remind anyone else of Carter?"
I have been reminded of former president Carter since January 2009.

john pickett
2012-09-14, 11:12
IIRC, and it's been a LONG time. An attack on one of our embassies; could have been Tehran, or maybe Beirut, went badly for us 'cause
the Ambassador had ordered the Marines to carry empty weapons and lock their ammo up. Anyone else remember something
like this?

Big Mac
2012-09-14, 14:00
Perfectly good 9-11 thread ruined with politics.

Crikey
2012-09-14, 14:27

http://hikinghq.net/forum/showthread.php?6461-New-house-rules

Skidsteer
2012-09-14, 14:54

john pickett
2012-09-14, 18:19
"Perfectly good 9-11 thread ruined with politics"
Apologies to all

john pickett
2012-09-14, 18:24
Except Sherrill, to whom I recomend Skid's post above.

Bearpaw
2012-09-14, 19:46
IIRC, and it's been a LONG time. An attack on one of our embassies; could have been Tehran, or maybe Beirut, went badly for us 'cause
the Ambassador had ordered the Marines to carry empty weapons and lock their ammo up. Anyone else remember something
like this?

In Beirut, the Marines were allowed to carry ammunition, but could not place a magazine or belt in a weapon or chamber a round on the grounds of the Embassy and barracks because it was "too provocative". Amazingly enough, they could lock and load once they left the grounds and were in daily firefights in the days before the barracks bombing. The restrictions made it all too easy for the truck bomber that hit the barracks, killing 241. A couple of my Staff NCOs were there. Bad situation just made worse.

rcli4
2012-09-14, 20:37
Goddam fuckin' politics . . .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Right wing nut

atraildreamer
2012-09-16, 13:57
I'm 49. Does that mean next year I become a racist? What happens at 60? Bigotry?

:biggrin:

I'm not a bigot...I hate everyone equally! :biggrin:

My clock radio woke me up to the news of the first plane hitting a tower. :confused2 I went into the parlor and turned on the TV in time to see the second plane hit. :ahhhhh: After a moment of stunned silence, I reached over to my VCR library and stuck a cassette (I didn't care what was on the tape) and started recording. I had to go out, but after programming the cable box to switch to various stations (local to Providence, NYC, and various news channels) I told the wife to put in new cassettes every few hours. I ended up with 15 tapes of unedited, uncensored footage, but, like a ninny, I forgot to pack them when we moved 2 years later! :argh:

I stopped at a local laundromat and watched with other customers as both towers fell. The coverage went on for the rest of the week. A local FM station finally resumed their normal music format at midnight Friday, September 14, with the song "Bridge Over Troubled Waters", an appropriate choice that brought a tear to my eye.