PDA

View Full Version : 3 minute warning on BBC radio 2 today! TEOTWAWKI

fish
2012-10-05, 18:56
Dont know about you but i thaught the cold war was over! but during the Jeremy Vine show today during an interview with Martin Lewis the phone that he described as the 'nuclear attack phone' rang ,he had to answer it on air as as far as he knew it would only ring in the event of the three minute warning that a nuclear attack was on its way.turned out to be one of those automated spam type calls!
must admit i was worried for a minute,thaught we had put all that behind us in the 90's!
did anyone else hear it? its on their listen again system for the next 7 days.

Superman
2012-10-05, 19:30
Who is Jeremy Vine and Martin Lewis?

Kanga
2012-10-05, 19:41
Fish, I'll take summa what you're having! JK, what is this of which you speak?

fish
2012-10-05, 19:42
jeremy vine is the bbc2 radio presenter at lunchtime ,martin lewis is a financial expert.

Ray
2012-10-05, 20:54
Why would either a lunchtime radio personality or any financial expert have a 3-minute nuclear attack warning phone?

cool breeze
2012-10-05, 20:57
Dont know if it is related but there was some kind of drill here today that was nation wide that had to do with anything mairtime.

Superman
2012-10-05, 21:05
Daisy got a call from the likker store telling her about a bomb they thought was in the road between here and there. She left for work early to give her time in case it blew up the road. WTF, this town has about 750 people and most of the towns around here aren't much bigger. I have no idea why they thought it was a bomb but I haven't heard of any bombs going off.

Skidsteer
2012-10-05, 21:07
Why would either a lunchtime radio personality or any financial expert have a 3-minute nuclear attack warning phone?

Because their call-screeners are assholes to some pretty scary people.

fish
2012-10-06, 06:28

because BBC radio 2 have an audience of 40 million! and broadcast to the whole uk .

Superman
2012-10-06, 08:08
because BBC radio 2 have an audience of 40 million! and broadcast to the whole uk .

The whole England is what...1000 people?:angel:

sheepdog
2012-10-06, 16:38
You'll never get one of those cool knives from fish now. Just send them all to me fish. :tee:

Superman
2012-10-06, 17:42
You'll never get one of those cool knives from fish now. Just send them all to me fish. :tee:

Not to worry....we'll just send Hillary to England to make nice since she's been doing such a bang up job for us so far.:angel:

SGT Rock
2012-10-07, 15:08
Probably something like our EBS, there is one in place for nuke attacks. We also have something like that for our facility, they do a system test 1200 Wednesday. It would be a hoot to have someone over visiting and drive through there about the right time and act like it was for real.

fish
2012-10-07, 15:46
Probably something like our EBS, there is one in place for nuke attacks. We also have something like that for our facility, they do a system test 1200 Wednesday. It would be a hoot to have someone over visiting and drive through there about the right time and act like it was for real.

it wouls appear that we have a very shambollic early warning system here,the general feeling is that 'why worry folk if theyve only got 3 minutes' the elite and military have secret bunkers near here,the CCC or corsham computer center is said to have 5000 personal down there at anyone time!

atraildreamer
2012-10-07, 17:10

"Moscow in flames... missiles headed for New York City :afraid: ...details at 11!" Now a word from our sponsor. :eek2: :laugh:

john pickett
2012-10-07, 17:30
"we'll just send Hillary to England "
Now the Brits are our allies. Why go
and do something mean like that?