PDA

View Full Version : Westboro baptist protestor gets clobbered in NC

woodsy
2012-10-17, 10:43
http://www.businessinsider.com/video-shows-crowd-going-nuts-as-veteran-tackles-westboro-baptist-protester-2012-10#ixzz29VYnFbaY

john pickett
2012-10-17, 12:18
Good for the people of North Carolina! Bet those cops wished theyt weren't on duty that day.

Jim Henderson
2012-10-17, 13:27
I love it when our friends at Westboro get theirs. Too bad they don't get it more often and that the law often has to protect them.

Well, hopefully there is a God and he is waiting for these kinds of hypocrits.

It would be nice if we got a good video of a full on brawl where the funeral party had enough and really stomped the Westboro idiots. One of these days perhaps.

Maybe the cops got a few good licks in too? We hope?

Jim Henderson

SGT Rock
2012-10-17, 13:34
My guess is if they tried this in certain neighborhoods they would get their asses stomped.

Crikey
2012-10-17, 13:45
NC is home to a large military contingent (Ft. Bragg, Camp Lejeune, Seymour Johnson AFB). Lots of families have been impacted in the last decade. Nobody around here is in the mood for their shit.

SGT Rock
2012-10-17, 13:50
WeBoBa probably see themselves as victim martyrs. Deranged fucksticks.

D'Artagnan
2012-10-17, 15:21
I hope the one that got punched was that Shirley Phelps Roper wacko.

woodsy
2012-10-17, 15:30
They are a pitiful group of so called human beings, the Westboro protestors, make my blood boil.
I'm sure the soldier didn't have any trouble getting bailed afterward. Good Job !

walkingbear
2012-10-17, 17:08
City's need to be better at keepng these "people" at a distance; like a certain community did in Kansas a number of years ago. The Westboro group were told they had to have a permit to protest; the permit is issued for a certain location; in this case two blocks from the site of the funeral where they could not be seen by the family of the soldier!!!! They were also told they would be fine heavily if they proteted outside the area of the permit. The Patriot Guard was also given a permit for the area accross from the funeral and for the cemitary and the route to the burial site. Also the route was lined with people and EMS and Fire and LEO's.

dixicritter
2012-10-17, 18:33
I really admire the Patriot Guard!!!

Bearpaw
2012-10-17, 21:25
There is a special place in hell for those people. It pains me they call themselves Baptists, or that they claim to be Christians.

Big Mac
2012-10-18, 08:42
There are a lot of people in this world who see themselves as Christians that are going to find their afterlife much warmer than expected.

Rosaleen
2012-10-18, 09:01
WalkingBear-

That is a great solution. If we get in the protesters' way of their freedom of speech, we are repressing basic rights and going against some of what the service memeber died to protect. Ironic! Their rights should not superceed the rights and feelings of the mourners, though. Great, let them demonstrate out of sight and hearing. Maybe at the town dump...

sheepdog
2012-10-18, 09:34
There is a special place in hell for those people. It pains me they call themselves Baptists, or that they claim to be Christians.

There are a lot of people in this world who see themselves as Christians that are going to find their afterlife much warmer than expected.

Mathew 7:22-23 Many will say to me on that day, "Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and in your name drive out demons and perform many miracles?" Then I will tell them plainly, "I never knew you, Away from me, you evildoers!"

Gaiter
2012-10-18, 11:15
I had heard about the WBC showing up, good to see one of them got clobbered, my cousin taught Johnson as well as worked with Johnson's mother for years, I also have family in Raeford (lives right down the street from those videos) glad to see that Raeford stand up against those westboro bastards...

john pickett
2012-10-18, 13:02
+1 Sheepdog. :-)

dixicritter
2012-10-19, 00:07
There was a story about a Soldier's funeral here in Knoxville today on our news where WBC had announced they were going to be here to protest. Thousands of folks showed up to crowd around the funeral home to keep them at bay. They did not show up, thank goodness, but our folks were prepared and honored the Soldier in the right way! Also the local news refused to use WBC's name on air.

Rosaleen
2012-10-19, 08:57
There we go! Drown out the noise from crazies by ovewhelming public support for the heroes. Similar to reverse psychology, reverse intimidation.

woodsy
2012-10-19, 10:55
The worlds most disgraceful and hated family's ability to protest funerals has been practically eliminated, only a matter of time till they dissapear.
And FWIW, the major Baptist's organizations have denounced anything to do with them.
Just another radical nut case (Phelps) with a few ignorant followers.

from wiki:

Laws limiting funeral protests In response to the protests conducted by Westboro members at Indiana funerals, a bill was introduced in the Indiana General Assembly that would make it a felony to protest within 500 feet (150 m) of a funeral. The bill provides penalties of up to three years in prison and a $10,000 fine for those found to be in violation of the law. Shortly before this bill was signed members of the church had threatened to protest in Kokomo, Indiana, at a funeral service that was being held for a soldier who was killed in Iraq. On January 11, 2006, the bill unanimously (110) passed a committee vote,[90] and while members of the church had traveled to Kokomo to protest, they were not seen during or after the funeral service. On May 23, 2006, the state of Michigan banned any intentional disruption of funerals within 500 feet (150 m) of the ceremony. Violating the statute would be a felony, punishable by up to two years in prison and a $5,000 fine for the first offense and up to four years in prison and a $10,000 fine for a subsequent offense.[91] On May 17, 2006, the state of Illinois enacted Senate Bill 1144, the "Let Them Rest In Peace Act", to shield grieving military families from protests during funerals and memorial services of fallen military service members. A first-time violation of the Act is a Class C misdemeanor, punishable by up to 30 days in jail and a $1,500 fine and a Class 4 felony for a second or subsequent offense, which is punishable by one to three years in state prison and a fine of up to $25,000.[92] On May 29, 2006, President George W. Bush signed into law the Respect for America's Fallen Heroes Act (Pub.L. 109-228), prohibiting protests within 300 feet (91 m) of the entrance of any cemetery under control of the National Cemetery Administration from 60 minutes before to 60 minutes after a funeral.[93] Penalties for violating the act are up to $100,000 in fines and up to one year imprisonment.[93] The bill garnered overwhelming bipartisan support in Congress with a 4083 vote in the House, with 21 not voting, and a unanimous vote in the Senate.[93] On January 11, 2011, the state of Arizona held an emergency legislative session to pass a bill barring protests within 300 feet of a funeral and within an hour from its beginning or end. The bill was swiftly signed into law ahead of the January 12 funeral of those killed in the 2011 Tucson shooting.[94][95] On August 2, 2012, Congress passed a bill that included restrictions on demonstrators at military funerals. The bill says that demonstrators are not allowed to picket from 2 hours before the funeral service until 2 hours after, and requires that protestors stay at least 300 feet away from grieving family members.[96]

auburnbreeze
2012-10-19, 11:24
It was a very big deal here in NC when all this happened. At all of the funerals, but especially in Raeford, the streets were lined with people to keep the Westboro parishoners away from the family. Westboro has been here a lot lately, way too much, since NC lost 3 from the same National Guard unit in one suicide bombing. There was film of the young soldier's mom walking down the street shaking hands and thanking everyone who was there honoring her daughter.

Superman
2012-10-20, 10:43
When that preacher and his dumb asses get to the pearly gates St Peter will be laughing his ass off at them and say "what the fuck were you thinking." Dumb asses (them...not you).

walkingbear
2012-10-20, 22:58
The issue is they have most of the state anti-funeral protest laws tied up in court. 90% of the Phelps family are lawyers; if they are prevented from engaging in their desired stuff they sue; there are reports of them flooding those who oppose them wiith faxes and emails, though I think there has been no evidence they were behind the flood of faxes/emails.

Superman
2012-10-20, 23:05
http://www.youtube.com/embed/TNJ9umv10EM?feature=player_detailpage

Skidsteer
2012-10-20, 23:10
Perfect.

Bat-shit crazy religious goofballs sitting around in a brainstorming session and someone says, "You know what? I don't think we've come close to our potential for being universally detested. Let's all go to law school."

woodsy
2012-10-21, 09:20
The issue is they have most of the state anti-funeral protest laws tied up in court. 90% of the Phelps family are lawyers; if they are prevented from engaging in their desired stuff they sue;.

Was reading about this on another forum and that the leaders also hope to encourage people to become violent on them( the protestors ) so they can sue the attackers for damages and money.
So if they come to your town, remember their ulterior motives as well, some auto damage after dark is OK though, just don't get caught :angel:

Jester
2012-10-21, 10:45
Was reading about this on another forum and that the leaders also hope to encourage people to become violent on them( the protestors ) so they can sue the attackers for damages and money.
So if they come to your town, remember their ulterior motives as well, some auto damage after dark is OK though, just don't get caught :angel:

Yup. That's part of what they do. So while it may be very satisfying to beat up Westboro protestors, it's also counterproductive.