PDA

View Full Version : Whoopie Strings

generoll
2012-12-02, 09:32
http://whoopieslings.com/

I ran into some kayaker/campers on Hobo Island yesterday. I was over there to get me normal ration of humility as I went fishing and saw them and decided to go ashore and chat a bit. They were hammocking and were using something called whoopie strings to hang their hammock. It was interesting to see their hang and their other gear as well. One of their numbers makes the hammocks himself out of sil/nylon and their Cuben tarps were a kind of greenish tint. They also said that it was possible to purchase Cuben in a camo pattern if preferred.

Oh yeah, they also shared something called Bird Dog. I don't remember any names.

SGT Rock
2012-12-02, 09:58
I've been making my own for a while now. It isn't very hard if you have the right rope.

Nearly Normal
2012-12-02, 10:00
http://whoopieslings.com/

I ran into some kayaker/campers on Hobo Island yesterday. I was over there to get me normal ration of humility as I went fishing and saw them and decided to go ashore and chat a bit. They were hammocking and were using something called whoopie strings to hang their hammock. It was interesting to see their hang and their other gear as well. One of their numbers makes the hammocks himself out of sil/nylon and their Cuben tarps were a kind of greenish tint. They also said that it was possible to purchase Cuben in a camo pattern if preferred.

Oh yeah, they also shared something called Bird Dog. I don't remember any names.

We need to go fishing.

generoll
2012-12-02, 10:11
We need to go fishing.

Say when

generoll
2012-12-02, 10:13
I've been making my own for a while now. It isn't very hard if you have the right rope.

Yeah, the splice is the same as you'd use on polypropolene rope. I think they called the rope steel strand or something like that.

SGT Rock
2012-12-02, 10:16
Amsteel

Nearly Normal
2012-12-02, 14:06
Say when

Here or there?

generoll
2012-12-02, 16:22
either

generoll
2012-12-02, 16:25
I haven't been keeping track, but if you're going to Franklin then just plan on staying a day or two longer and we'll fish the ichtheological desert know as Lake Chatuge.

Nearly Normal
2012-12-02, 19:45
I haven't been keeping track, but if you're going to Franklin then just plan on staying a day or two longer and we'll fish the ichtheological desert know as Lake Chatuge.
Sounds like fun.
I'll know more Monday about my plans this week....I have to be back home on Tues Week.