PDA

View Full Version : Rock, got my Kalais

Loneoak
2013-03-17, 22:22
I wished he had had a camo one with him at ATKO, but he didn't. I decided on a red one, since I didn't won't to wait 4-6 weeks. Got a hike coming up the 27th. First impression walking around for spell with 27 lbs was great. I couldn't shake it loose and it carried very well. Love that is a lot lighter than my Osprey Aether which I loved.
I really think this pack is going to work out great. Just wanted to say thanks for doing the video on it last yr. I had never heard of it before then. He had a couple other different packs there as well. Liked them also, but could only afford one....lol

thanks again,

jim

SGT Rock
2013-03-18, 13:15
Congrats Jim, I know you are going to love it.

rhjanes
2013-03-19, 10:48
How does it compare to a ULA or a Golite? I have a Golite and like it. Thinking of a ULA.

SGT Rock
2013-03-19, 16:23
I don't have a Golite and haven't hiked with one so I'm not sure. I have/had a ULA Circuit and I prefer the Kalais over my Circuit. I was going to sell the Circuit, but my wife decided she wanted to keep it and use if if she could go on a short hike with me.

Tin Man
2013-03-19, 18:19
I recently purchase a Gossamer Gear Mariposa. Shaking it down mid-april with the scouts.

rhjanes
2013-03-20, 00:11
I don't have a Golite and haven't hiked with one so I'm not sure. I have/had a ULA Circuit and I prefer the Kalais over my Circuit. I was going to sell the Circuit, but my wife decided she wanted to keep it and use if if she could go on a short hike with me.Thanks. Lots of AT Thru's rave over the Circuit. I've not heard of the Kalais before this thread.

SGT Rock
2013-03-20, 08:12
I really like the Kalais with the Aluminum stay.

saimyoji
2013-03-20, 17:37
I've not heard of the Kalais before this thread.

Its a place in France.....

Where the naked ladies dance.....

There's a hole in the wall.....

Where the men can see it all.....

john pickett
2013-03-20, 19:04
Trust saimyoji to raise the intelligence levels here.

Tin Man
2013-03-20, 19:39
Trust saimyoji to raise the intelligence levels here.

Yes, of course, but what are the aluminum stays for? Nevermind, best we don't know.

Loneoak
2013-03-21, 02:22
I wanted to like the ULA packs and tried two different models at Mt Crossing last yr with 25 lbs weight. They just didn't fit me well. Even changed out the shoulder straps, thinking that mite be the problem but didn't help. The Kalais fits me well

SGT Rock
2013-03-21, 08:03
Shoulder straps are hard to get right. I would say that was one of the top design problems I had making my own backpack.