PDA

View Full Version : Sleeping Bag Choices

DCopestakes
2004-01-01, 12:56
Has anyone any experience with the sleeping bags that have intergral pads? I am wondering about the Western Mountaineering Pods.http://www.backcountrygear.com/catalog/bagdetail.cfm/WE2820 (Pod 15)hey make two models, a 15 degree and a 30 degree one. Instead of down on the bottom there is a slot for a pad. This seems particularly suitable to hammock sleeping as the pad may be restrained from poping out from under the sleeper not to mention the weight reduction. What do you think?

jumpngeorge
2004-01-04, 13:00
I have a Big Agnes Horse Thief for summer and a Zirkel for spring and fall and a Hennessy Explorer. I had experimented with all sorts of ways to keep may pad under me in the hammock. I wasn't happy with the extra weight I had to carry and continued to look around for a better answer. I have used both bags with the hammock. I have never been more comfortable!

MonkeyMan
2004-01-19, 11:42
I have been using the new bag that we are using in country. It consist of a 3 bag system that is similar to a layering system, I use my 3/4 thermorest between the patrol bag and the black cold weather bag(not sure the ratings on these bags). I do not use the goretex bivy for fears of too much condensation. SGT. Rock, do you know the ratings on this new sleep system?