PDA

View Full Version : AT hiker enters wrong house in Monson after some drinkin in town.

woodsy
2013-09-03, 20:40
Gets mug shot and ride in a cop car for the mistake.
http://bangordailynews.com/2013/09/03/news/piscataquis/north-carolina-hiker-drunkenly-walks-into-wrong-home-in-monson-police-say/?ref=polbeat

SGT Rock
2013-09-03, 20:56
Interesting. The top link under that was about a brother and sister about to commit incest. Strange world.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk 4

woodsy
2013-09-03, 21:08
I can see it now, hiker in a strange town far from home, leaves the bar blurry eyed and in the dark.
Thinks hes at the right house but..... innocent mistake probably.

Superman
2013-09-03, 21:19
Expensive mistake.

Cuffs
2013-09-03, 21:22
Interesting. The top link under that was about a brother and sister about to commit incest. Strange world.

Must rotate... When I read it, it was a 6 year old that was killed in a wood chipper.

Superman
2013-09-03, 21:39
http://bangordailynews.com/2013/09/03/news/piscataquis/north-carolina-hiker-drunkenly-walks-into-wrong-home-in-monson-police-say/?ref=polbeat

This was a minor transgression except to the baby sitter. I've seen some worse shit than that done under the influence.

The Battle of Ap Gu

In early 1967 the powers that be made an EM (Enlisted Men’s Club) right next to DIVARTY (First Division Artillery) in Phu Loi. It was during Operation Junction City. First Division units were making contact often and with big VC units. The only good thing about that period of time was that we didn’t have to carry heavy packs for long. We all carried as much ammunition that we could stand. If the LZ wasn’t hot as we came in it wasn’t long until we made contact. We were killing lots of VC but our casualties were up also. I was just about meeting myself going out as I was coming in from the field. I hadn’t heard that they were going to make an EM club so it was a pleasant surprise. When I came in from the field immediately after the battle of Ap Gu I heard about the new EM club so I rushed to clean my weapon, reload my magazines and got a new battery for my PRC-25 radio. It was dark by the time I finished and had some chow at the DIVARTY mess hall. I went to the new EM club alone. It was in a GP Medium tent. I went in and all the guys were bunched up near the make shift bar. The bartender was a cannon cocker who wanted a break from the big noisemakers. He figured he’d lucked out to get such safe, easy duty. I took my beer and sat at the far end of the tent. The club had square tables that sat four people with metal folding chairs. I’d left my weapon on my bunk but almost all the other guys had theirs. All the EM Club patrons had just come from the battle of Ap Gu. Some of those guys had fought hand to hand. The Battle of Ap Gu was described later as a huge victory but it could have easily of gone the other way. These patrons were the ones who had fought their asses off and were still wound way to tight. This was the Battle that put a rocket in Al Haigs pocket and launched his career into the top ranks of our country. I was deep in thought and sipping my beer. I was about finished with my first beer when I realized the guys near the bar were getting louder. I became aware that a guy from one table stood up and was going towards a guy at a different table. When he got close to the guy sitting down with his rifle across his lap the rifle just swung out and fired. The approaching GI was slammed by a round fired at point blank range and dropped like a light being turned off. The shooter simply pulled his weapon back and continued to drink his beer. There was a huge pregnant pause. My ears were ringing and no one was moving. Then someone poked their head into the tent and saw the dead guy. The head disappeared and a sergeant walked in and asked the shooter for his weapon. The guy handed over his weapon and finished his beer. Then he stood up and walked out with the sergeant. I didn’t finish my beer. I left and they removed the EM club the next day. Sometimes things just happened without any known rhyme or reason…they just happened.

SGT Rock
2013-09-03, 21:42
Took some looking on my PC to find it for a link. It was a letter to an advice column:

Dear Prudence,
My brother and I are having a physical relationship. Our parents are admirable people who took good care of us, but are distant and aloof, and I think that my brother and I turned to each other for warmth and emotional support. He’s two years older and looked out for me in high school, and I shared with him what girls are like, which made him more confident socially. After he went away to college, I chose a college in the same city as his, so we continued to see a lot of each other. I'm now a senior and he's a graduate student. About three months ago we were sitting on my couch watching a sad movie and when it was over we turned to each other, exchanged a look, and started kissing. Now we lie on the bed, clothed, and kiss and talk and hold each other. When I'm with him I feel loved and cared for. We have not had sex because there's a psychological barrier that neither of us wants to cross. I go on dates with other men, but I never feel the emotional connection that I feel with my brother. I needed to talk to someone about this so I went to a counselor at the student health service and in the first session she practically ordered me not to see him for three months. I left in tears and haven't gone back. We want to lead normal lives and have families. We both know intellectually that we shouldn't be doing this, but we don't feel the wrongness of it. Must we stop this immediately, or may we let it continue and hope we grow out of it?
—No Sibling Rivalry

SGT Rock
2013-09-03, 21:49
Does this warrant a new trail name? Wrong Door?

sheepdog
2013-09-03, 22:45
Does this warrant a new trail name? Wrong Door?

be hard to get a girl friend with that name.

Skidsteer
2013-09-03, 22:48
Hahahahaha!

MedicineMan4040
2013-09-04, 05:33
No Sibling Rivalry.....glad I'm an only child.

woodsy
2013-09-04, 06:50
be hard to get a girl friend with that name.

Sofa King ?

john pickett
2013-09-04, 09:01
Hope those two get some professional counseling, Pronto!

Roots
2013-09-04, 09:08

If that idiot had done that while hiking the southern section of the AT, getting arrested would have been a treat compared to what he would have received done here. He got lucky.

Tin Man
2013-09-04, 10:40
Not the same thing, but this reminds me of a superbowl party a few years back at a friend of mine's house. At half time, bill asked, 'where's ryan?' After an awkward moment and another question or two, the host pointed bill to ryan's house up the street. bill has never heard the end of that one...

walkingbear
2013-09-04, 15:22
If that idiot had done that while hiking the southern section of the AT, getting arrested would have been a treat compared to what he would have received done here. He got lucky.

And maybe he should be THANKFUL it was a BABYSITTER and NOT THE HOME OWNER!!!!!!!!!

I heard a story back when I was in Grad school from a local lawyer (car holding ACLU dude) guy was drunk and broken into "his apartment" got arrested --- it was not his! The lawyer got the guy off by taking pictures to the court of the apartment complex ----put them upon the screen and asked which one was the right house? They all look exactly the same; I mean cookie cutter. I knew the complex it was a HUD complex and unless you looked at the numbers, which were hard to see in the daylight let alone at night in the dark; then you add a few (ok many) drinks and you break into the wrong place!

Superman
2013-09-04, 15:32
And maybe he should be THANKFUL it was a BABYSITTER and NOT THE HOME OWNER!!!!!!!!!

I heard a story back when I was in Grad school from a local lawyer (car holding ACLU dude) guy was drunk and broken into "his apartment" got arrested --- it was not his! The lawyer got the guy off by taking pictures to the court of the apartment complex ----put them upon the screen and asked which one was the right house? They all look exactly the same; I mean cookie cutter. I knew the complex it was a HUD complex and unless you looked at the numbers, which were hard to see in the daylight let alone at night in the dark; then you add a few (ok many) drinks and you break into the wrong place!

Life can be confusing at times.

saimyoji
2013-09-04, 15:49

especially when womens is involved...

woodsy
2013-09-04, 20:35

especially when womens AND alkyhol is involved...

Couldn't agree more.

The guy is obviously not a criminal, just got a little too f up and couldn't find his way back to Shaws at 2 AM.

saimyoji
2013-09-04, 20:50
I get confused by womens even before I been drinkin...

woodsy
2013-09-04, 20:54
I see now where LW ran this story over to WB after i posted it here and made a villain out of the guy.
Remind me to never post anything here again.
Nothing worse than a reformed drunk hypocrite.

saimyoji
2013-09-04, 21:35
i see now where lw ran this story over to wb after i posted it here and made a villain out of the guy.

wtf??!!

saimyoji
2013-09-04, 21:50
i just went and read that thread. again...wtf?

Lone Wolf
2013-09-04, 22:01
I see now where LW ran this story over to WB after i posted it here and made a villain out of the guy.

villain? just a drunk dummy is all

john pickett
2013-09-05, 10:33
"especially when womens is involved" And sweet potatoes.
"I yam what I yam and that's all that I yam."

generoll
2013-09-05, 11:53
when did LW quit drinking?

Ray
2013-09-05, 14:39
when did LW quit drinking?Shush! Finally there could be some drama on this site so don't go screwing it up with questions and facts and stuff.

Crikey
2013-09-05, 15:57

A reformed hypocrite is no better sober, IMO.

Superman
2013-09-05, 16:07
A reformed hypocrite is no better sober, IMO.

Hey....no need to bring my sister into this.

sheepdog
2013-09-05, 17:18
This came as a result of LoneWolfs post. Powerful stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by hikerboy57 View Post
in 1996 i was arrested for dwi.
i was arrested in my apartment, not behind the wheel.
i had been driving home from a local bar(close enough to walk).on the way home, i hit a curb and blew out my right front tire, drove on it the half block to my parking lot and went upstairs to my apartment. a little while later two policeman knocked on my door. someone had called in my flat as a leaving the scene of an accident, asked if i had been drinking, if i had been driving, and i gave them a full confession. i was pretty blotto, and didnt even remember the drive home, and asked what accident, i dont remember any accident, was anyone hurt? and they didnt answer(im assuming hoping i would incriminate myself. i spent th night in long beach jail. as i started to sober up towards morning, i saw i was wearing a pair f windpants with the drawstring pulled out, dress shoes with the shoelaces pulled out, and a tshirt on inside out and backwards. i thought of my kids who were still rather young, and what they would think about their dad if they had seen me in that condition, and more importantly, i still didnt remeber any accident and was debillitated with fear that i may have hurt someone and didnt even remember!
in the morning they brought me into the courtroom, i was arraigned, pled not guilty and was released on bail. i went to the pound to see my car, saw the tire and finally remembered what i couldnt the night before, hitting a curb and blowing out the tire, that i hadnt been in an accident at all, and that noone had been hurt.it was the first time since my arrest that i was able to breathe a sigh of relief.
i checked into the local alcohol counseling program the next day, and began to rebuild my life post divorce.
i had a few small relapses the first couple of months, but each time, my desire to feel alcohol in my system continued to abate to the point i didnt care for the way it felt in my system, felt much better sober.
ive been clean since then, ive had the occasional beer, last one was with lone wolf in damascus.
a few years later a little girl, katy flynn, who my daughter had babysat for over a year, was decapitated in a head on collision with a drunk driver, and i thought, "there but for the grace of god".

Lone Wolf
2013-09-05, 18:58

fuck you. i still drink. but i never went into the wrong house while drinkin'

woodsy
2013-09-05, 21:04
fuck you. i still drink. but i never went into the wrong house while drinkin'

Not that you can remember anyway :biggrin:

I hope that poor bastid gets to katahdin and home before that WB goody two shoes clan catches up with him !

Good reason not to post stuff like that over there.

saimyoji
2013-09-05, 21:32
Hey woodsy!

Just a reminder to never post anything over here again.

You asked for it!

Big Mac
2013-09-05, 21:35
Why post anything over there?

woodsy
2013-09-05, 21:41
Hey woodsy!

Just a reminder to never post anything over here again.

You asked for it!
Right ! What was i thinking ?
Oh, pull your head out of LW's butt before you suffocate !

saimyoji
2013-09-05, 22:28

Oh, I'm sorry, you must have missed my sarcasm smiley...cause it wasn't fucking there...cause we don't fucking need one because its just fucking posting!

Who gives a fuck? FUCK!!!

Lone Wolf
2013-09-05, 22:51

why you bein' a little girl

sheepdog
2013-09-06, 00:40
Serenity now.

sheepdog
2013-09-06, 00:44
http://youtu.be/Ow_9MglZrhs
Ow_9MglZrhs

john pickett
2013-09-06, 09:09
"Why post anything over there? "
What is this "over there" of which you speak?
Are you saying you have been to the "other side" and have returned
to bring us the eternal light of your enlightenment?
Or are you referring to BudLight?

Tin Man
2013-09-06, 09:22

he's referring to gatorworld, it's like wallyworld (gay), but without the humor

Kanga
2013-09-06, 09:51
i don't care if this guy is a "good guy" and "harmless". imagine the trauma he caused to that young babysitter. how about "poor babysitter and child" instead of "poor guy", which is what got said on facefuck. his dumbass would have deserved getting shot.

Big Mac
2013-09-06, 23:24

Have you been drinking?

Big Mac
2013-09-06, 23:26
i don't care if this guy is a "good guy" and "harmless". imagine the trauma he caused to that young babysitter. how about "poor babysitter and child" instead of "poor guy", which is what got said on facefuck. his dumbass would have deserved getting shot.

If he had walked into my house, he would be just rehabbing from the knee surgery. Louisville Sluggers are good for that.

Superman
2013-09-07, 05:25
Have you been drinking?

not that there is anything wrong with that. I think there is a thread for drunk posting but I can only find it when Ive been drinking.

SGT Rock
2013-09-07, 08:25
If he had walked into my house, he would be just rehabbing from the knee surgery. Louisville Sluggers are good for that.

He probably would have got a few more air holes if he did that around here.

john pickett
2013-09-07, 09:42
"Have you been drinking?"
No, are you issuing an invitation?

john pickett
2013-09-07, 09:44
"He probably would have got a few more air holes "
In my house they would be no.9 airholes.

woodsy
2013-09-07, 18:48
Bout like i figured

I'm at Shaw's as I type. The perp has profusely apologized to everyone involved and is distraught over his conduct.

What someone gleans from a mugshot is just sad.

I would have offered him some breakfast and a good luck.
What has this world come to ?
Glad i don't live anywhere near some of you .

And good night !

Belew
2013-09-07, 20:03

There are a lot fucked up people out there. Somebody walks into my house like that, how do I know they are just some lost drunk guy and not looking for trouble. Good way to die.

Skidsteer
2013-09-07, 20:15
Absolutely.

Superman
2013-09-07, 20:45
Bout like i figured

I would have offered him some breakfast and a good luck.
Glad i don't live anywhere near some of you .

And good night !

I observed in Germany that when a German passed out in the road, bahnhof or anyplace else people who didn't even know him would move him to a secure place where he could sleep it off. There were stories of soldiers that returned to their homes years after the war just walking in and being found in the morning. The Germans are bad ass but none of them talked about shooting drunks even with a super low alcoholism rate back them. Although I always suspected that since drinking was considered a normal thing to do they didn't lump everybody into AA. The water sucked over there.

Skidsteer
2013-09-07, 20:53
I will go out of my way to help a drunk person be safe, and have done so recently at the Bash, even though I really didn't like this particular drunk.

However, if this person had walked into my house uninvited in the middle of the night he would most likely be dead.

SGT Rock
2013-09-07, 21:16
That is how I was thinking on this. In the south Knoxville area, there have been a lot of pill head break ins, sometimes with the owners in the house. It hasn't always been a good thing for the homeowners. Occasionally they break into a house where someone is armed, and then it isn't a good day for the pill heads. I don't plan to wait and find out if the pill head is a friendly drunk.

wakapak
2013-09-07, 22:21
That is how I was thinking on this. In the south Knoxville area, there have been a lot of pill head break ins, sometimes with the owners in the house. It hasn't always been a good thing for the homeowners. Occasionally they break into a house where someone is armed, and then it isn't a good day for the pill heads. I don't plan to wait and find out if the pill head is a friendly drunk.

There's a big difference between south Knoxville and tiny little Monson Maine....

Superman
2013-09-07, 22:30
There's a big difference between south Knoxville and tiny little Monson Maine....

Good point...I'm surprised that the baby sitter didn't give the drunk a horse laugh. What are the odds that was the first guy she's seen crash into the wrong house?

SGT Rock
2013-09-07, 23:21
But I live a lot closer to south Knoxville than Monson. Hence the air holes.

Skidsteer
2013-09-07, 23:25
Exactly.

Roche
2013-09-07, 23:45
Knoxville couldn't handle those Monson gang bangers and their flannel do rags.

SGT Rock
2013-09-08, 00:45
Lol

wakapak
2013-09-08, 07:39
maybe they'll start locking their doors at night up in Monson now too...:angel:

Skidsteer
2013-09-08, 07:48
I don't lock my doors when I'm home.

If someone is stupid enough to walk in they need to be culled.

Superman
2013-09-08, 08:50
We used to leave the door unlocked...in case someone needed something. Now we lock our doors. I blame it on OBama.

Bearpaw
2013-09-08, 09:48
We've always locked our doors, having lived in Nashville and Chattanooga. I discovered last week that our front door was unlocked and probably had been since my mom visited in July. (We always use the downstairs basement door next to the driveway.). It's good living outside a small town.

Wonder
2013-09-08, 10:57
Major outbreak of robberies in this area. Some people coming right up and knocking on the door. Shootings and stabbings in winston/Greensboro were an occasional occurrence a year ago...... Now it's daily.

dixicritter
2013-09-08, 11:09
We lock the doors, have a security alarm, security cameras inside and out, four dogs, as well as motion lights... should someone get past all that then they deserve extra air holes in my opinion. :angel:

Superman
2013-09-08, 11:11
...and what percentage of crime is drug related? I'll bet it's higher than anyone would admit to. I say that because crime was almost none existent around here until drugs moved in. The 50s were a good time to grow up. Just sayin.

SGT Rock
2013-09-08, 11:17
I agree with the drugs thing. Here it is mainly pills and meth. True story: within the month we moved here a meth head went nuts across the street and tried breaking into neighbors stuff as she was on some sort of last bad trip/burn out. She died in the neighbor's front yard. Then later the neighbor across the street next to him had their cousin OD on pills in their house. Then they had the nerve to ask us to help get his last oxy prescription before it expired. Her husband ODed on pills numerous times, but never died from them. When someone tried to steal my truck, it turned out to be a meth head from up the holler that hangs with my neighbor who is currently in prison for breaking into the Chief of Police's house and stealing his guitar collection. I've got some winners around here.

Tin Man
2013-09-08, 11:33
This fellow down the street (around my age) won a tidy some in a lottery and retired. He spends all his energy bitching and complaining about the town taxes and management. For some reason that was never came out, they discovered his hydroponic reefer garden and busted his ass. he said it was personal use and got a slap on the wrist.

Some brainiac renting a house from a builder i know was caught by the builder with a tidy stash of reefer. The builder dude went ape and told the brainiac he had to move out. Brainiac called the cops. When the cops arrived, brainiac actually told the police why the builder wanted him out. Cops told brainiac, 'come with us'. Doh!

Roche
2013-09-08, 11:50
When the cops arrived, brainiac actually told the police why the builder wanted him out. Cops told brainiac, 'come with us'. Doh! That's why it's called dope.

Big Mac
2013-09-08, 12:06
I'm absolutely not a violent person, and will help a drunk that needs help. BUT - if you come in my house uninvited you will be given one chance to get the fuck out. I don't give a flying fuck if you are drunk.

I have as much compassion for the human race as the next guy, but I don't take chances with my home and family.

You do what you want. I don't care.

saimyoji
2013-09-08, 13:58
There's a chemistry teacher at the school I teach at who makes meth on the side. They say he's pretty good at it...

Wonder
2013-09-08, 14:12
Is it blue?

Tin Man
2013-09-08, 14:27
Is it blue?

that's getting pretty personal, don't ya think?

Wonder
2013-09-08, 14:42
+1 for tin man:-)

Ray
2013-09-08, 15:50
I've had burglars break into my house and leave stuff out of sympathy.

Tin Man
2013-09-08, 16:14
I'm trying to break out . . .

Superman
2013-09-08, 16:40
I'm trying to break out . . .

If you break out you may wish you were back in. Just sayin.

Tin Man
2013-09-08, 16:45
If you break out you may wish you were back in. Just sayin.

and why is that, pray tell?

Superman
2013-09-08, 16:53
and why is that, pray tell?

It's a cold world out there. Your life now is orderly and predictable and under control....even if it isn't your control. When the wheels come off the cart it can be a bumpy ride. ....Or everything will work out perfectly and you will live happily ever after. A lot of people have been on that ride and some times it's for better and some times it's for worse. You have to ask yourself...."are you feeling lucky.":bandit:

Skidsteer
2013-09-08, 16:54
Word.

Tin Man
2013-09-08, 17:03

Skidsteer
2013-09-08, 17:26
Hahahahaha!

sheepdog
2013-09-08, 19:32
I always lock my doors, I always carry a gun. too many bad guys around.

sheepdog
2013-09-08, 19:33
Oh and lots of them don't like me.

Superman
2013-09-08, 19:38
I always lock my doors, I always carry a gun. too many bad guys around.

There are lots of bad guys around you because you are in prison. I hate to point that out but it's true.

Superman
2013-09-08, 19:38
Oh and lots of them don't like me.

The bad guys don't like you because they know you. Just sayin.

sheepdog
2013-09-08, 21:56
that stings!!!

saimyoji
2013-09-08, 22:26
Damn, Supe! You like, speakin truth an shit!

Superman
2013-09-08, 22:32

It's just from being down the road a ways. I haven't hit every bump in the road but I've hit my share.

sheepdog
2013-09-08, 22:59

:flute:15 yard penalty for piling on:flute:

john pickett
2013-09-09, 11:05
"I haven't hit every bump in the road "
Do New Hampshire roads have bumps?

sheepdog
2013-09-09, 11:18

They're called the Whites.

Superman
2013-09-09, 13:07

New Hampshire humor is that they post a sign announcing a frost heave ....after you hit it.