PDA

View Full Version : Go easy on the coffee

Geo.
2013-11-03, 05:17
Check this out... Carrie on a caffeine hit (http://www.servicecentral.com.au/article/best-prank-ever-coffee-shop-rigged-up-to-freak-out-customers/2345/) ;)

dixicritter
2013-11-03, 08:43
VERY COOL!!!

Here it is easier to find for some of our more suspicious users...

?v=VlOxlSOr3_M

DesertReprobate
2013-11-03, 13:06
I'd like to have the Depends franchise in that coffee shop

SGT Rock
2013-11-03, 20:12
I could use some of that coffee.

john pickett
2013-11-04, 07:28
I drink about a quart of coffee and a quart of tea most days. My son says he can't drink my coffee because it's too strong for him. My daughter says I make my coffee too strong because I've burned out all my caffeine receptors. it's all good.

Superman
2013-11-04, 07:43
Daisy makes Navy coffee.

rcli4
2013-11-04, 22:44
Daisy makes Navy coffee.
http://www.seabeecook.com/cookery/recipes/navy_coffee.htm

Tin Man
2013-11-04, 22:49
home: folgers black silk
road: black and strong

sheepdog
2013-11-05, 01:22
home: folgers black silk
Men: black and strong

um....ok

Superman
2013-11-05, 02:28
http://www.seabeecook.com/cookery/recipes/navy_coffee.htm

Navy coffee.....it puts hair on your chest and makes your stomach feel like it's at sea.

Superman
2013-11-05, 03:04
One time during monsoon season the mess sergeant brought all the coffee fixens out to our NDP. He had one of those gas stove things that seemed to blow up from time to time for no particular reason. He had a few big ass pots that were maybe 2.5' X 2.5'. He had guys fill the pots with water from our water blivet. Then he opened a bunch of big ass cans of coffee and dumped the coffee into the water. It began to pour...wicked hard as he was doing this but not to worry because he'd had the men rig a tarp over his area. After it boiled for a while he allowed the men to form a line and fill their canteen cups. The coffee was boiling hot when we first got it but there was no way to keep it out of the rain. It got to a drinkable temp real fast and then it was all about drinking it faster than the rain re-filled the canteen cup. I lost the race and my coffee got cold and began to taste more like water than coffee. This was one of the rare times that the gods tried to smile on us. It was rare because you just don't cause a situation like this where the men would bunch up...it was a great time for a mortar attack but that didn't happen. The value of the coffee was that it broke up the routine and it tried to tell us that someone knew we were there.

Another Kevin
2013-11-05, 17:16
Holy coffee: you boil all the hell out of it.
Satanic coffee: black as the Devil, hot as Hell and sweet as forbidden love.

Crikey
2013-11-05, 17:35
I likes my coffee like I likes my women...

Rasty
2013-11-05, 18:04

Iced?.....

Superman
2013-11-05, 18:04

Pale and shallow?:angel:

Rasty
2013-11-05, 18:05
Iced?.....

Pale and shallow?:angel:

Great minds?

Skidsteer
2013-11-05, 18:09

Venti?

Superman
2013-11-05, 18:10
Week and tasteless?

hikerboy
2013-11-05, 18:11

never heard of inflatable coffee before

Hog On Ice
2013-11-05, 18:52
+1 for hikerboy

Big Mac
2013-11-05, 20:56

I like my women like I like my chicken . . .

Skidsteer
2013-11-05, 21:00

. . . with a little bit of fat on the end...

Superman
2013-11-05, 21:12

Crispy and odiferous?

Rasty
2013-11-05, 21:26

With 40 cloves of garlic

Train Wreck
2013-11-05, 21:32

Handed to you in a bucket by an old guy with a goatee and a string tie?

Sarcasm The Elf
2013-11-05, 21:37

Caffeinated?
Light and sweet?
Large black and bitter?
Ground up and in the freezer?

I give up...

Roche
2013-11-05, 21:50
Rich, orphaned, no cats. Points for owning a liquor store.

Superman
2013-11-05, 21:57

I'll settle for one that manages a state liquor store.:angel:

Lugnut
2013-11-05, 22:07

There's this one old guy in New Hampshire who found one that manages a liquor store. He's ancient, so if you don't mind waiting a little while there will no doubt be an opportunity to live your dream. :angel:

Superman
2013-11-05, 22:09
There's this one old guy in New Hampshire who found one that manages a liquor store. He's ancient, so if you don't mind waiting a little while there will no doubt be an opportunity to live your dream. :angel:

Why you old...um...old...um never mind.

Big Mac
2013-11-05, 22:44
. . . with a little bit of fat on the end...

There's a guy that knows his comedy.

sheepdog
2013-11-06, 06:21

cold and bitter?

sheepdog
2013-11-06, 06:23

hahahahahahaha.....snort

Train Wreck
2013-11-06, 06:36

supersized and found at a convenience store?

Superman
2013-11-06, 06:38

She's made it perfectly clear that we'll get a divorce over my dead body. There could be an opening at any time. She is prone to violence.:angel:

john pickett
2013-11-06, 10:37
Are there any comedians working today who can equal Bill Cosby? Who has a nominee?

Superman
2013-11-06, 10:47
Remember back in the 60s how pissed off at him the militant blacks got at him because he wouldn't play the race card. They called him an Uncle Tom and all kinds of stuff. How could he be so successful and not swear or use the N word?

Crikey
2013-11-06, 11:19

Roasted.

Superman
2013-11-06, 11:37
I actually do keep my mother in a coffee can that says "Good to the Last Drop." ....and she still makes a lousy cup of coffee.

Tin Man
2013-11-06, 11:59
I actually do keep my mother in a coffee can that says "Good to the Last Drop." ....and she still makes a lousy cup of coffee.

whatever you do, don't kick the can...

Superman
2013-11-06, 12:11
whatever you do, don't kick the can...

I'm using that. Every family gathering we make a round of jokes about it and have a toast for her.

Train Wreck
2013-11-06, 13:06
Remember back in the 60s how pissed off at him the militant blacks got at him because he wouldn't play the race card. They called him an Uncle Tom and all kinds of stuff. How could he be so successful and not swear or use the N word?

Because he has class, style, and talent.

Crikey
2013-11-06, 13:27

Seinfeld and a few others are funny without swearing.

Skidsteer
2013-11-06, 14:43
Because he has class, style, and talent.

And he worked very, very hard at his chosen life. A lot of folks don't know that about him.

hikerboy
2013-11-06, 14:46
Because he has class, style, and talent.very talented, but it pisses me off he bought the little rascals episodes and wont air them due to pc. this a man who made his living caricaturising blacks to white audiences.hey, hey,hey

Tin Man
2013-11-06, 14:55
very talented, but it pisses me off he bought the little rascals episodes and wont air them due to pc. this a man who made his living caricaturising blacks to white audiences.hey, hey,hey

please tell me he didn't buy the three stooges!!!

Train Wreck
2013-11-06, 15:03
very talented, but it pisses me off he bought the little rascals episodes and wont air them due to pc. this a man who made his living caricaturising blacks to white audiences.hey, hey,hey

I didn't know that.

john pickett
2013-11-06, 19:00
"he bought the little rascals episodes"
Where did you hear that?

Skidsteer
2013-11-06, 19:01
He didn't.

http://www.snopes.com/radiotv/tv/rascals.asp

hikerboy
2013-11-06, 19:04
He didn't.

well thats disappointing.
shot down my whole argument

john pickett
2013-11-06, 19:05
Yeah, I found them on youtube. I'll be back in 3 days, soon as I finish watching all the little rascals shorts from my childhood. And No Snarkey Comments! Remember, I know where you hike!

Skidsteer
2013-11-06, 19:07
well thats disappointing.
shot down my whole argument

It's my gift.

Lugnut
2013-11-06, 19:13
Maybe you should change your name to rain man, jr (lower case) for raining on his parade. :angel:

Skidsteer
2013-11-06, 19:24
Maybe you should change your name to rain man, jr (lower case) for raining on his parade. :angel:

I'd prefer being called Dennis the Constitutional Peasant.

JvKIWjnEPNY

Tin Man
2013-11-06, 20:15
He didn't.

well, that's good to hear... maybe cosby could buy justin timberlake instead... and just make it go away :ahhhhh:

hikerboy
2013-11-06, 20:18
please tell me he didn't buy the three stooges!!!

he didnt buy the three stooges( i looked this one up)

Kanga
2013-11-06, 20:20
He didn't.

You do know that Snopes is a liberal couple that sit in their basement and search through the Internet for stuff, right?

Train Wreck
2013-11-06, 20:29
You do know that Snopes is a liberal couple that sit in their basement and search through the Internet for stuff, right?

You mean Snoops :)

Superman
2013-11-06, 20:33
Yeah, I found them on youtube. I'll be back in 3 days, soon as I finish watching all the little rascals shorts from my childhood. And No Snarkey Comments! Remember, I know where you hike!

We went to my grams house on Sundays after church. The little rascals and the gas house gang were always my favorites there.

Skidsteer
2013-11-06, 20:42

Sure I do.

Crikey
2013-11-07, 09:39

From where do you get that they're liberal? A simple question, please no political debate.

Sarcasm The Elf
2013-11-07, 09:39

It's funny, I've read that claim many times, but it never seems to be followed by claims that their site is innacurate. The site could be run by trained donkeys for all I care just as long as the information on it is correct, and I find that their's is usually spot on.

hikerboy
2013-11-07, 11:24
From where do you get that they're liberal? A simple question, please no political debate.
I think he's referring to the way they apply sunscreen

D'Artagnan
2013-11-07, 11:58

Not according to Snopes. (Sorry, somebody had to do it.)

Superman
2013-11-07, 12:14

Since Snopes defines what is true or false and it is accepted as fact by millions of people then it is fact. I hesitate to mention that in two situations I was involved in Snopes got it wrong. However the news media that covered it also got it wrong...so two negatives make a positive so Snopes is right again.

Sarcasm The Elf
2013-11-07, 12:28
Since Snopes defines what is true or false and it is accepted as fact by millions of people then it is fact. I hesitate to mention that in two situations I was involved in Snopes got it wrong. However the news media that covered it also got it wrong...so two negatives make a positive so Snopes is right again.

Snopes provides links to their sources as backup, which makes it rather easy to check if you agree with their conclusions. They're not 100% but they're accurate enough to be considered a reliable resource, especially when i'm just trying to get a quick background on viral internet rumors and urban legends.

Crikey
2013-11-07, 12:30

I've been following Snopes for a long time. They do get some things wrong occasionally. I have yet to discern any political leanings or agenda on their part, and I like to think I try to balance my views for either side.

I'll usually go to factcheck.org and see what they spin too. They claim to be non partisan as well.

It's like anything in life, you have to make up your own mind.

Sarcasm The Elf
2013-11-07, 12:54

Well played...

http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/snopes.png

Skidsteer
2013-11-07, 19:08
Well played...

http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/snopes.png

Totally stealing this for FB.

Superman
2013-11-07, 19:22
Snopes provides links to their sources as backup, which makes it rather easy to check if you agree with their conclusions. They're not 100% but they're accurate enough to be considered a reliable resource, especially when i'm just trying to get a quick background on viral internet rumors and urban legends.

It's all about the water buffalo.

Sarcasm The Elf
2013-11-07, 20:19
It's all about the water buffalo.

They make the best cheese, but it doesn't last long enough for the trail.

john pickett
2013-11-07, 20:36
"It's all about the water buffalo"
And those Humongous dogs! Don't forget about those dogs!

Kanga
2013-11-07, 23:31
They did an interview a year or two ago and said it themselves.

It's funny, I've read that claim many times, but it never seems to be followed by claims that their site is innacurate. The site could be run by trained donkeys for all I care just as long as the information on it is correct, and I find that their's is usually spot on.

I've known them to be wrong on several instances.

Yep.

Rasty
2013-11-07, 23:59
They make the best cheese, but it doesn't last long enough for the trail.

Just bring curd and salt. 8 ounces of salt per gallon of water.