PDA

View Full Version : After What They did During The Shutdown, This Doesn't Surprise Me

Sargevining
2014-09-25, 13:58
Its still bullschizzle

SEATTLE (AP) - The U.S. Forest Service is proposing permanent new rules that would require media organizations to obtain a permit to film and shoot photographs in more than 100 million acres of the nation's wilderness.

Under the plan, the Forest Service would consider the nature of a proposed project before approving a special use permit then charge fees of up to $1,500 for commercial filming and photography in federally designated wilderness areas.

Mickey H. Osterreicher, general counsel for the National Press Photographers Association, said such rules would be a clear violation of the First Amendment and raises concerns about press freedom, including whether denying a permit would amount to prior restraint.

"What if they deny you a permit because they don't like the story you're working on?" he asked.

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/Forest-Service-Media-needs-1500-permit-to-photograph-wilderness-277077291.html

Superman
2014-09-25, 14:14
Its still bullschizzle

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/Forest-Service-Media-needs-1500-permit-to-photograph-wilderness-277077291.html

Your gummint is out of control.

Sargevining
2014-09-25, 14:18
Your gummint is out of control.

Its got too much control

Sargevining
2014-09-25, 14:34
The rules exclude breaking news situations, defined as "an event or incident that arises suddenly, evolves quickly, and rapidly ceases to be newsworthy."

But Osterreicher said the agency ignores big distinctions between editorial and commercial use and also should not be allowed to define what constitutes breaking news.

Hmmmmm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NNOrp_83RU

Superman
2014-09-25, 14:49
Its got too much control

When I talk about both sides losing the Civil War that's what I'm talking about. The Federal Government was left to be the decider of who has what rights. Basically, the feds have all the rights and when anyone else thinks they have a right to something the feds are quick to clarify that.

john pickett
2014-09-25, 14:53
This process seems to have accelerated since 2009.

Roche
2014-09-25, 15:16
...charge fees of up to $1,500 for commercial filming and photography in federally designated wilderness areas.

Then the gubmint wastes $$$$$$ in resources to track / manage / account for each $1,500 "fee" - hey bureaucrats, quit now while your only a few trillion $ behind.

Superman
2014-09-25, 15:22

It's gone in spurts. However, since the civil war this is the first time the feds have been preparing for war....to take place in this country. Like the Civil War when the wrong person becomes president bad shit happens....lots of bad shit. The Civil War wasted 620,000 lives plus so much more. Allegedly the feds are preparing to lose two million. The specifics are a bit vague. I have no idea who are supposed to be the good guys and who's the bad guys this time.

saimyoji
2014-09-25, 15:51

What happened in 2009?

Superman
2014-09-25, 16:07
What happened in 2009?

It may have something to do with Obama?

Sargevining
2014-09-25, 16:10
What happened in 2009?

I think that's covered in the first chapter of Revelations

Superman
2014-09-25, 17:11

Oh that's super. Since the answer is revelations we are on solid religious grounds instead of the pesky political grounds.

Crikey
2014-09-25, 17:39

We are at the end of days, is what my Amish neighbor tells me. Repeatedly.

Funny thing is, we've been there for a long time.

sheepdog
2014-09-25, 19:55
getting closer every day

Superman
2014-09-25, 20:24
getting closer every day

I need a clarification. Is the end of time a good thing or a bad thing. I seem to get mixed massages on that.:biggrin:

sheepdog
2014-09-25, 20:57
it's only bad if you are on the losing side....I'm looking forward to it.

Superman
2014-09-25, 21:04
it's only bad if you are on the losing side....I'm looking forward to it.

Which is the losing side. One side gets to sit around on clouds and have good thoughts. The other side gets 72 virgins and pizza and beer. I'm just saying that my big complaint is why virgins?....some old pros would do me just fine.

sheepdog
2014-09-25, 21:39
Heaven ain't about sitting on clouds......Heaven is what we are made for.

Roche
2014-09-25, 21:46
http://youtu.be/T8tocdIGSeM

Good girls go to heaven (bad girls go everywhere).

Superman
2014-09-25, 21:55
Heaven ain't about sitting on clouds......Heaven is what we are made for.

What were we made for?

sheepdog
2014-09-25, 22:32
Revelation 21 Then I saw “a new heaven and a new earth,”[a] for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea. 2 I saw the Holy City, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride beautifully dressed for her husband. 3 And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, “Look! God’s dwelling place is now among the people, and he will dwell with them. They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God. 4 ‘He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death’[b] or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.”

Superman
2014-09-25, 22:35
Will there be beer? I don't know if you can sin in heaven but I think it's like being offered a bribe. Not that you'd take it but it's nice to be asked.

Sargevining
2014-09-25, 23:42
I need a clarification. Is the end of time a good thing or a bad thing. I seem to get mixed massages on that.:biggrin:

That depends on where you'll end up after the end of time.

Superman
2014-09-25, 23:54
That depends on where you'll end up after the end of time.

One of the times I hiked on the BMT I met a couple guys hunting for turkeys in a valley. We chatted a bit and I hiked on. I went over a mountain and into another valley. There were so many turkeys it took a while to get by them as they insisted on standing on the trail. I never heard any gun shots. So I expect to be like those hunters when the end comes....looking in the wrong valley.

Lugnut
2014-09-26, 00:51
Very astute for someone from New Hampshire. Wisdom does come with age. :adore:

Law Dawg (ret)
2014-09-26, 01:24
When I talk about both sides losing the Civil War...

Didn't you mean the War of Northern Aggression? :bebored:

Superman
2014-09-26, 04:39

The war of civil disobedience.:angel:

Roche
2014-09-26, 07:53
Supe, please tell us again what color uniform you wore in that one.

Superman
2014-09-26, 08:19
Supe, please tell us again what color uniform you wore in that one.

LOL, When you hike the LT there is a small town with a monument to there civil war dead. That's what it says around the top of the monument. When I was in college I had a course called "The Economics of Social Issues." I had a minor in economics. That professor maintained that had the Civil War not happened slavery was going to die out on it's own. The south was rising fast economically which would have made maintaining slaves not cost effective. So I said but to some southerners having slaves is being responsible for them and it's their way of life. He pointed out that the US didn't invent slavery and the history of slavery is that when there is a conflict between the social order and economics, economics wins. We'll never know what would of happened because Lincoln had to have his war.

Lone Wolf
2014-09-26, 08:31
y'all southerners shoulda picked your own fuckin' cotton

Crikey
2014-09-26, 09:22

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sov-B8flEmc

Ray
2014-09-26, 22:11
My 3g-granddad was a Confederate soldier because he was drafted. 6 months after his ship landed in Galveston. If he learned any English then he never spoke it afterwards. So all the high falutin' reasons for the war were just blah-blah-blah to him. He survived a couple battles before being captured, came back to Texas and started a ranch and raised a big family with four different wives.

He stepped up and did his duty. I'm proud of the old boy.

The war just needed to be fed a bunch of poor young men. He was one of them. Nothing ever really changes.

Tin Man
2014-09-26, 23:21
My great*8 uncle was a drunken funkin northern desserter..so proud of him

saimyoji
2014-09-26, 23:50
My great uncle played baseball for the boston braves. Second base I think. Slugged it out with the babe, won an mvp and a golden glove. Hall of famer. Pride of the family. After the heros who fought in the pacific and korea. I once asked my father why he didnt have to go to vietnam. He was working for dow chemical. Plant manager manufacturing agent orange. He was in cleaveland when the river caught fire.

Burn on big river.

Sargevining
2014-09-27, 01:42
The fambly story about Great Great Grandad is that he was a bonus jumper. Back in the day, you could pay somebody to take your place if you were drafted---going rate was about $200 (so we were told). He'd take the money and go to camp for a few weeks, then clear out and do it again. He's supposed to have done that for a while until they got on to him, but he managed to get himself captured by the Confedrates and spent the last few months of the war in a POW camp.

He must have spent all the m oney---there ain't no ancestral farm or anything

Superman
2014-09-27, 06:03
I think I read that more died from disease than combat wounds in the civil war.

sheepdog
2014-09-27, 08:51
I've got a picture of my Great great.... Grandpa heading out to the war. He looked so young in his outfit. He said he fought all the way through Ga. to the ocean. He was captured toward the end of the war and sat it out in one of those nasty starvation camps for 4 months until the war ended.

Lone Wolf
2014-09-27, 19:17
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PT4EJQRFao

Nearly Normal
2014-09-27, 22:26
I've got a picture of my Great great.... Grandpa heading out to the war. He looked so young in his outfit. He said he fought all the way through Ga. to the ocean. He was captured toward the end of the war and sat it out in one of those nasty starvation camps for 4 months until the war ended.

No pics but mine was captured in Tenn and sat out the rest at Camp Chase. He always maintained it was as bad as the Southern camps and at the end of the war they opened the gate and told them to hit the road.

rcli4
2014-09-28, 02:14
Great great uncle at Franklin Tennessee. Sharpshooter. Two sharpshooters kept j.e.b. Stewart and 7000 troops out of town by setting up on the bridge leading to town. Killed 254 before they said he'll with it and left. I have his gun. Shot it when I was a kid. Hasn't been shot in 50 years.

sheepdog
2014-09-28, 08:50
Been missing you roun here NN...Life been good?

sheepdog
2014-09-28, 08:50
Great great uncle at Franklin Tennessee. Sharpshooter. Two sharpshooters kept j.e.b. Stewart and 7000 troops out of town by setting up on the bridge leading to town. Killed 254 before they said he'll with it and left. I have his gun. Shot it when I was a kid. Hasn't been shot in 50 years.

now that's something!!!

Superman
2014-09-28, 11:02

I used to consider it a good thing to have lots of targets. In case I missed one I might hit one of the others. 8)