PDA

View Full Version : Hammock for Havasupai?

cldphoto
2004-03-08, 14:59
Anyone who's hiked to Havasupai Falls and used their hammock? Looks like I'll be taking the hike in April or May and I need to know whether to take the tent or the hammock.

Based on my limited knowledge of the South Rim and similar country around Moab, I'm inclined to say no to the hammock, but then again, I've gone places where I didn't expect trees and found cottonwoods and other trees that worked great with the HH.

Please let me know. Thanks for the help!

GregH
2005-03-24, 18:53
I don't have any advice for your trip but you can always use trekking poles to set up a hammock like a "tent on the ground." Go to Hennessy's site for some pictures. http://www.hennessyhammock.com

slabfoot
2005-03-25, 13:30
the campground has many trees suitable for a hammock. My daughter and I staye a couple nite over father's day two years ago. we just pitched a silnet tarp using treking poles, but could have used trees if we needed to. it is a very nice spot. was very warm in june and after dark mosquitos were a bit of nuicance tho not unmanagable.

regards,
bill

cldphoto
2005-04-17, 11:19
I don't have any advice for your trip but you can always use trekking poles to set up a hammock like a "tent on the ground." Go to Hennessy's site for some pictures. http://www.hennessyhammock.com
Well, I hope not, Greg, since I posted that question over a year ago... :) Better late than never. I didn't end up going to Havasupai after all, but I definitely plan to go some day. First goal is getting the hell out of the Persian Gulf, though. I will repat this mantra: only 9 more months...only 9 more months...

GregH
2005-05-09, 17:18
Well, I hope not, Greg, since I posted that question over a year ago... :) Better late than never. I didn't end up going to Havasupai after all, but I definitely plan to go some day. First goal is getting the hell out of the Persian Gulf, though. I will repat this mantra: only 9 more months...only 9 more months...

Sheesh! You'd think I could check the date now and then. I must have been trolling through the board not paying attention. :damnmate:

CLD, keep your head down and God bless you for the work you're doing over there.

cldphoto
2005-05-17, 04:50
No problem -- thanks for the reply anyway. Maybe someone else can use it.

Only 8 more months...only 8 more months... :smile:

GregH
2005-05-31, 23:07
No problem -- thanks for the reply anyway. Maybe someone else can use it.

Only 8 more months...only 8 more months... :smile:

Get home safe, man.