PDA

View Full Version : Banned For Life At Hammock Forums

Sargevining
2015-08-14, 10:01
Yep. I did it.

Anybody else here?

Maybe we could start a club or something.

Crikey
2015-08-14, 11:02
Not HF, but Whiteblaze. Since it appears the same jackasses run both sites, I think it qualifies.

Superman
2015-08-14, 11:28
T^%his is the home of the disgruntled....or is that just me.

john pickett
2015-08-14, 11:32
Are you disgruntled, Sup? Poor Baby!

hikerboy
2015-08-14, 11:42
Banned from wb.never went on hf.I have an idea...

saimyoji
2015-08-14, 12:07
I got banned from wb for posting about pork chops.

Hi gator!

Superman
2015-08-14, 12:21
T^%his is the home of the disgruntled....or is that just me.

He won't have me to kick around anymore.

Crikey
2015-08-14, 13:12
I got banned from wb for posting about pork chops.

Hi gator!

Too bad! You're missing out on vital topics such as:

http://i.imgur.com/S8R1ZAYh.jpg

Law Dawg (ret)
2015-08-14, 15:48
Yep. I did it.

Anybody else here?

So what did you do, go pee pee in someones Cheerios by mentioning a firearm? Not banned myself...

Law Dawg (ret)
2015-08-14, 15:53
Too bad! You're missing out on vital topics...

Wheew I'd wager that mod would save one entire fractions of a gram! Thinking hiking nude could be the next big idea to save weight?

Superman
2015-08-14, 15:54
Are you disgruntled, Sup? Poor Baby!

The other site I'm on is combat Vietnam Vets. It's depressing in that of those of us that are still left we've either already battled some AO disease or are in the process or waiting for our turn. We share pictures of us then and now....talk about depressing. The general thinking is to avoid the VA with any AO condition unless you're looking to be cremated ricky ticky. Life offers me all the drama I care to deal with. I don't need no stinken white blaze.

SGT Rock
2015-08-14, 16:58
Yep. I did it.

Anybody else here?

How in the world did that happen? I post very little there and only on topics that interest me a good deal. I know there are a couple of asshats over there I would ban if it were me though LOL.

Lone Wolf
2015-08-14, 20:18
how the fuck does one get tossed off a hammock forum? how much hammock shit can one talk about? buncha damn geeks

Roche
2015-08-14, 21:24
Dang Sarge, what did you do, pull a Gunnery Sergeant Hartman? They even removed you from the duty roster.

I know you were pointing out the latest selective enforcement policy, beating a dead horse perhaps but I didn't see where you crossed a line.

My guess is the tolerant, coexistant, celebrate diversity crowd found you guilty of not believing in their intolerant, conformant, group think.

But I'm sure they'll pro-rate and refund your donating member fees.

Law Dawg (ret)
2015-08-14, 21:52
Prolly said something like; "Praise Jesus and pass the ammo the homos are on the wire". That'd about bust it.

saimyoji
2015-08-14, 23:51
Suggest a hammock for pork chops and let the fireworks begin!

Hi gator! Ur a douche.

SGT Rock
2015-08-15, 08:55
Pork chop hammock, huh. Never thought of that.

Sargevining
2015-08-15, 10:14
Well;

I actually got banned for something I said on the HF Facebook page (yah, there's one of those too).

Somebody started a thread there when they noticed that the HF TOS included a statement to the effect that by registering there, HF owns the Copyright on everything you post. It got kinda long and a bunch of folks joined in explaining copyright law and recounting instances of bad things that have happened over there in the past. Even Fronkey got involved. I was there in the mix.

The Troll comes on and says something to the effect that the reality is that him owning the copyright on everything you post actually protects you from people stealing your ideas.

I'll just let that one sit for a few seconds.

So, I asked: "If such is the case, would you go to bat for people who have had their ideas stolen? Because things that have happened in the past would indicate that isn't going to happen. When I can't control my own words, I don't feel very protected. The only protection I need is US Copyright Law.

It wasn't long after that----------

Roche
2015-08-15, 10:32
This just in - video footage:

https://youtu.be/_-Mnp6VAmEc

Damn thing didn't embed - MOM, help me!

Sargevining
2015-08-15, 10:43
That's it!

I can beg forgiveness based on the fact that I was negatively affected by the violent Televisions shows of my yoot and ask to be sent to a reeducation center!

Law Dawg (ret)
2015-08-15, 12:29
Well that's it!? I was envisioning something much more scandalous...

Is it just me or does it seem that a bunch of internet services are getting real grabby with intellectual property and individual privacy? Heck Windows 10 seems to be kicking Google to the curb for invasion of both.

Sargevining
2015-08-15, 13:28
Well that's it!? I was envisioning something much more scandalous...

Is it just me or does it seem that a bunch of internet services are getting real grabby with intellectual property and individual privacy? Heck Windows 10 seems to be kicking Google to the curb for invasion of both.

Yah, well. There was also the complaint I made about him removing signatures (not mine) from people who put Biblical quotes in them. They had been allowed since forever, but he started deleting them one night. When it was mentioned that this was a new practice, he revised the TOS to include Biblical quotes in signatures as being a "discussion" of religion, then tried to back date the change to make it look like he'd done it before he started deleting sigs.

It was kind of the last straw for me. By the time he banned me, I'd already decided I was done with the whole thing. The only thing that hurt a bit was the hits I was getting on my YouTube channel from that place. Its going to mean that by the end of the year, I will have made $12.43 instead of $12.57----

Sargevining
2015-08-15, 13:41
And, yah. The whole intellectual property thing bugs me. I know I ain't no John Stienbeck, but some folks tell me I write OK. There's a post over there in the Pay for Play section that I wrote on a hammock pack design I'd had Chris Zimmer make for me that's got over 15,000 hits. When I found out that I couldn't edit the post after three days it hit me that what I was doing was paying him for the privelege of giving him content that other people pay him to see, AND I was paying him for the privelege of reading my own stuff. Its probably not seeing as many hits now that I've removed all of the pics that are hosted on my Photobucket account----

Its actually kind of brilliant, in a skeevy kind of way. Sites like that exist because people want to read the content. All of the content is provided by the members, and he doesn't pay for the content, and some of them pay him to see the "non-hammock" related content---which they provide. The folks that run the site are all volunteers, so he doesn't pay them. The customers provide the content, which he owns once they provide it and operating costs are covered by "donations". If the "donations" total more than the cost, he puts that money in his pocket, along with the advertising revenue he gets from banner adds, which is based on the number of members he has---who provide the content that attracts more customers.

Superman
2015-08-15, 13:51
If I owned WB I would have banned you because you use too many words. Just sayin.

Roche
2015-08-15, 13:57
If I owned WB I would have banned you because you use too many words. Just sayin.

Well played Supe.

If I owned HHQ I would ban you because you have too many posts. Just sayin'.

Sargevining
2015-08-15, 14:04

I'm butt hurt now. I need to contact a moderator.

Superman
2015-08-15, 14:05
Well played Supe.

If I owned HHQ I would ban you because you have too many posts. Just sayin'.

...and none of them have any redeeming value. Daisy used to have a dog named....Daisy. The dog would follow me around all day thinking that I was going to do something worth looking at. I never did. Folks see my post count and figure I must have said something worth reading. I didn't.

saimyoji
2015-08-15, 14:06
Its pretty hard to get banned here. There have been a few though. There was even a legend about a guy who got put in limbo. He's invisible to everyone but himself. He posts but no one can see his posts but him. He has no idea he's been banned and no one knows who he is. Spooky.

Superman
2015-08-15, 14:06
I'm butt hurt now. I need to contact a moderator.

Does butt hurt mean "gay?" nttiawwt

Superman
2015-08-15, 14:07
Its pretty hard to get banned here. There have been a few though. There was even a legend about a guy who got put in limbo. He's invisible to everyone but himself. He posts but no one can see his posts but him. He has no idea he's been banned and no one knows who he is. Spooky.

OMG, is that me?

Roche
2015-08-15, 14:09
...and no one knows who he is. Spooky.

Well, we all know now, it's Spooky.

saimyoji
2015-08-15, 14:09
Can you read your own posts? If so, it might be you. I thought it was me for a while.

Sargevining
2015-08-15, 14:16
Does butt hurt mean "gay?" nttiawwt

NIGYYSOB!

You're being mean to Gay people! Moderator! Moderator!

Superman
2015-08-15, 14:29
NIGYYSOB!

I get that a lot. I just dismiss it as a gay thing to say. Just sayin.

saimyoji
2015-08-15, 15:29
Whining to the mods is a good way to get banned. Go ahead, click on the report post icon.

I dare you!

Superman
2015-08-15, 15:42
NIGYYSOB!

I'm actually not being mean to gays. It's just hard for older people...like Lugnut... to keep up with all the gay expressions. Since this country has gone light in the loafers those people of the rainbow have introduced new terms that some folks aren't hip to. For example I heard someone say that our POTUS is gay. Who would have thought. He may be a pinko but I wouldn't have thought he was gay. I can't actually be for or against any of them since they all speak in metaphors and centipedes. I just smile and say they are all the bees knees....even though they really aren't.

john pickett
2015-08-15, 16:28
I doubt Sgt Rock would ban anyone. Gypsie would do it so fast he would have no chance.

Law Dawg (ret)
2015-08-15, 16:42
Yah, well. There was also the complaint I made about him removing signatures (not mine) from people who put Biblical quotes in them. They had been allowed since forever, but he started deleting them one night.

Better head over there and praise me up some JESUS then! The irony is that this type, normally, will allow all sorts of other religious based stuff to slip under the radar but Bible stuff is verboten. Sorry to hear you will be taking such a financial hit...;)

BTW I reported this post (#38)...we'll see if the Sgt sends me to purgatory.

Superman
2015-08-15, 16:50
I doubt Sgt Rock would ban anyone. Gypsie would do it so fast he would have no chance.

All women are prone to violence.

Sargevining
2015-08-15, 17:26
Better head over there and praise me up some JESUS then! The irony is that this type, normally, will allow all sorts of other religious based stuff to slip under the radar but Bible stuff is verboten. Sorry to hear you will be taking such a financial hit...;)

Yah. SilvrSurfr has been running with a "Christians are stupid" type of sig for a while now. Crickets from the management.

rhjanes
2015-08-15, 18:09
Yah. SilvrSurfr has been running with a "Christians are stupid" type of sig for a while now. Crickets from the management.last I looked he had something about "I think, therefore religion isn't" quote.

Superman
2015-08-15, 18:26
last I looked he had something about "I think, therefore religion isn't" quote.

Did anybody tell him to tuck and roll when the bolt of lightening fires his ass up?

Law Dawg (ret)
2015-08-15, 23:43
Yah. SilvrSurfr has been running with a "Christians are stupid" type of sig for a while now.

Well what can we expect from someone who names himself after a cartoon?

Superman
2015-08-15, 23:53

Who are we talking about?

SGT Rock
2015-08-16, 07:44

You mean like SGT Rock?

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_small/1/13925/289992-155676-sgt-rock.jpg

Roche
2015-08-16, 10:02

I believe it's this one.

Ray
2015-08-16, 10:06
Its pretty hard to get banned here. There have been a few though. There was even a legend about a guy who got put in limbo. He's invisible to everyone but himself. He posts but no one can see his posts but him. He has no idea he's been banned and no one knows who he is. Spooky.Now I know why nobody replies to my posts...

Superman
2015-08-16, 10:16
Now I know why nobody replies to my posts...

Wait....I've been responding. That proves it's me. Or my posts are automatically ignored....because I'm hideous.

Law Dawg (ret)
2015-08-16, 11:45
You mean like SGT Rock?

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_small/1/13925/289992-155676-sgt-rock.jpg

What!? You saying Sgt Rock isn't real? Next you will be trying to tell us Captain America isn't real too...pffft.

Roche
2015-08-16, 12:22
What!? You saying Sgt Rock isn't real? Next you will be trying to tell us Captain America isn't real too...pffft.

Who cares? Thank God Wonder Woman is real, all versions of her:

5875 5876 5877 58785879

SGT Rock
2015-08-16, 14:10
There is a superhero more powerful than wonderwoman - she has red hair.

SGT Rock
2015-08-16, 18:02

I got that. Let me drink some whiskey and think about it.:hmmmm2:

SGT Rock
2015-08-16, 18:40
how the fuck does one get tossed off a hammock forum? how much hammock shit can one talk about? buncha damn geeksYou would be amazed how downright nasty folks can get if you suggest that 1/2" straps are just as good as 1" straps. Pretty funny actually.

Well;

I actually got banned for something I said on the HF Facebook page (yah, there's one of those too).

Somebody started a thread there when they noticed that the HF TOS included a statement to the effect that by registering there, HF owns the Copyright on everything you post. It got kinda long and a bunch of folks joined in explaining copyright law and recounting instances of bad things that have happened over there in the past. Even Fronkey got involved. I was there in the mix.

The Troll comes on and says something to the effect that the reality is that him owning the copyright on everything you post actually protects you from people stealing your ideas.

I'll just let that one sit for a few seconds.

So, I asked: "If such is the case, would you go to bat for people who have had their ideas stolen? Because things that have happened in the past would indicate that isn't going to happen. When I can't control my own words, I don't feel very protected. The only protection I need is US Copyright Law.

It wasn't long after that----------I could get into a long rant about this subject from my days at WB. I will not. Maybe someday if we are drinking together and you really want to hear it...:cheers:

Yah. SilvrSurfr has been running with a "Christians are stupid" type of sig for a while now. Crickets from the management.That is one of the guys I would ban. His knowledge is about internet deep but he is self delusional about his expertise in many things hammock and camping related. As such he can get pretty dang abusive to others with whom he doesn't agree with and offers little that others do not already say. To me he is like some of the poison pill users of past on WhiteBlaze and here. On WB they could show their ass for a while as I built a case about getting rid of them - to me that was a free speech site that I didn't really own, just supervised for the inmates. But when dick holes like Minnesota Smith started posting here I just banned him outright as he had absolutely no redeeming value to add to the conversation. He sent me a very condescending e-mail when he realized this expressing his disapproval with my lack of understand of how smart he was. :bird:

Its pretty hard to get banned here. There have been a few though. There was even a legend about a guy who got put in limbo. He's invisible to everyone but himself. He posts but no one can see his posts but him. He has no idea he's been banned and no one knows who he is. Spooky.That actually happened at WhiteBlaze with WhitefootHP. He was banned and would come back with new fake names and had no clue that the cookie the website creates also tagged his machine as him. Eventually he got smart to this and started using IP spoofing software to get back in which when you think about it is pretty pathetic to think he so didn't get it that he thought he was some hacker trying to fight the power. His very unique quirks on posting always revealed him in about 1 to 2 posts, that and when you tracked his IP it tunneled right into one of those IP spoofing sites LOL. So we took his most recent undercover name and put him in this status. Only the administrators could see his posts and occasionally to keep him unaware I would respond to a thread in a way he would assume I was responding to him but I never quoted him or actually acknowledged him. To others it would appear that I was just a part of the discussion. I cannot accurately remember how long it took him to finally catch on, but it seems like it was pretty long - about 6 months to a year. Then I got an e-mail from the user (Apple or something like that) asking why when he didn't log into the site he couldn't see his own posts. I pretty much told him straight up: Whitefoot, we have known it was you all along and you have some pretty big balls to think we were so stupid and you were so smart we wouldn't catch on. I just want you to know you have been that way since about the second post under that ID and it has gone on this long without you ever knowing.

saimyoji
2015-08-16, 19:09
I woudlve guessed sofaking or his buddy (one and the same?)

Hi gator! Go fuck yourself!

saimyoji
2015-08-16, 19:13
I know ive said this before but my favorite thread from wb was when ridge faked a trip to alaska. I havent been to wb in years but i miss those good old days.

SGT Rock
2015-08-16, 19:19
I rarely go to WB anymore. Mostly has to do with BMT related posts. I haven't checked the BMT forum in over a week.

Crikey
2015-08-17, 09:14
I could get into a long rant about this subject from my days at WB. I will not. Maybe someday if we are drinking together and you really want to hear it...:cheers:

I want to take you up on that. Whatever you're drinking is on me. I remember those days well.

But when dick holes like Minnesota Smith started posting here I just banned him outright as he had absolutely no redeeming value to add to the conversation. He sent me a very condescending e-mail when he realized this expressing his disapproval with my lack of understand of how smart he was. :bird:

I wonder if that asswipe ever found himself a "breeder". I think even a Russian mail order bride would reject him.

rhjanes
2015-08-17, 11:10
Minnesota Smith. I think he got banned on every hiker forum.....He's prolly over at the Toilet Paper Forums.....

Lugnut
2015-08-17, 11:15
[QUOTE

I wonder if that asswipe ever found himself a "breeder". I think even a Russian mail order bride would reject him.[/QUOTE]

he did get married and even as a kid or two. Apparently miracles do happen.

john pickett
2015-08-17, 12:40
"even as a kid or two. Apparently miracles do happen"
No miracle, bacteria breed like that all the time.

Superman
2015-08-17, 23:07
[QUOTE

I wonder if that asswipe ever found himself a "breeder". I think even a Russian mail order bride would reject him.

he did get married and even as a kid or two. Apparently miracles do happen.[/QUOTE]

Perhaps you forget what a snappy dresser he is?

Ray
2015-08-18, 10:22
My good and close friend Mr. Smith, apparently against all odds, did find a lady to marry him. She appears surprisingly normal. They did have two children, twin girls. His wife's facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/barbara.smith.393?fref=ts) carefully shows no photos of him.

Superman
2015-08-18, 10:29
Oh my, that doesn't bode well for Mr Smith. She makes comments about being along and a person who shows his colors. There has got to be more to this story.

Lugnut
2015-08-18, 11:14
My good and close friend Mr. Smith, .......

Making that hiking stick for him really paid off! :angel:

Skidsteer
2015-08-18, 11:16
Oh my, that doesn't bode well for Mr Smith. She makes comments about being along and a person who shows his colors. There has got to be more to this story.

True colors? I can't imagine MS ever hiding ANYTHING from anyone.

Law Dawg (ret)
2015-08-18, 15:16
Yah. SilvrSurfr has been running with a "Christians are stupid" type of sig for a while now. Crickets from the management.

Just noticed someone with this sig;

"Religion was invented when the first con man met the first fool.” ― Mark Twain

Hit the Report Post button and gave them this;

"Let's try to be consistent. Can't expect anything good to come of censoring only one side of the issue."

Let's just see how quick the powers at HF are at removing these too.

Ray
2015-08-18, 16:34
Making that hiking stick for him really paid off! :angel:I'll have you know that my hiking sticks have completed approximately one and a half thru hikes and each hike was nearly as fast as rocks rolling uphill.

By my calculations that's a 150% completion rate and the reason I stayed on the chemistry side of chemical engineering.

Superman
2015-08-18, 17:33
I'll have you know that my hiking sticks have completed approximately one and a half thru hikes and each hike was nearly as fast as rocks rolling uphill.

By my calculations that's a 150% completion rate and the reason I stayed on the chemistry side of chemical engineering.

Are you juggling those numbers?

rhjanes
2015-08-18, 21:21

"Let's try to be consistent. Can't expect anything good to come of censoring only one side of the issue."

Let's just see how quick the powers at HF are at removing these too.Nicely played. I STILL would LOVE to see some of their code to "search all signatures for any of the following 4000 Religious Words".......LOL.

They also need to run a built in function "Remove all Logons with Post Count = zero and last logon <= current-date - 365"......(remove people who have NEVER posted and have not been at the forum for a year......
but then there would be 10,000 fewer "people".....

SGT Rock
2015-08-19, 05:08
I noticed they have girls. He must be very disappointed.

Sargevining
2015-08-19, 09:14
Well;

In case anyone is interested, folks in Texas started a new forum and asked me to be an Administrator. They even gave me my own "Bunker". Take alook around if you'd like:

http://hammockhangers.net/index.php

You get to keep your own copyright.

You can talk about Guns.

You can talk about God.

And if you want to say nice things about Veterans and Active Duty personnel, we don't call that "controversial political speech"

Crikey
2015-08-19, 09:48
Well;

In case anyone is interested, folks in Texas started a new forum and asked me to be an Administrator. They even gave me my own "Bunker". Take alook around if you'd like:

http://hammockhangers.net/index.php

You get to keep your own copyright.

You can talk about Guns.

You can talk about God.

And if you want to say nice things about Veterans and Active Duty personnel, we don't call that "controversial political speech"

Just don't insist that 1/2" straps should be used in place of 1" straps.

Superman
2015-08-19, 10:14
I heard that hammocks are the devils play things. Just sayin.

rhjanes
2015-08-19, 10:47
And Blue Bell Ice Cream....we have all suffered thru this disaster and come out better for it....and we can talk about it, support one another without it being deemed "Hateful Texas Talk"

Ewker
2015-08-19, 11:52

Let's just see how quick the powers at HF are at removing these too.

awwww you don't like the quote by Mark Twain

saimyoji
2015-08-19, 12:56
Wasnt mark twain a racist bigot slave driver who had sex with goats?

Crikey
2015-08-19, 13:21
Wasnt mark twain a racist bigot slave driver who had sex with goats?

You're thinking of Samuel Clemens.

hikerboy
2015-08-19, 13:47
I heard that hammocks are the devils play things. Just sayin.
Especially banana hammocks

Law Dawg (ret)
2015-08-19, 14:11
awwww you don't like the quote by Mark Twain

The point is that if the admin types there want to play word games with sig lines they should expect to have their feet held to the fire on both sides of the issue. Your sig was simply the first con side of the issue I saw...you certainly have the right, which I very much support, to quote any wrong headed idea you endorse. :aetsch:

P.S.
Nothing personal Uke...

Crikey
2015-08-19, 14:15
...get off my lawn surfer boy.

As a surfer I am offended. Mr. Rock, please ban this offensive poster immediately.

Law Dawg (ret)
2015-08-19, 14:20
BTW Sam was a world class misanthrope and a personal friend of my maternal Grandfather. I really enjoy his quotes mostly because they show his true genius and, although he would not agree with the world view, I find that many support my endorsement the total depravity of mankind (T.U.L.I.P.). We obviously come at it from radically different perspectives but hey in the arena of ideas we can enjoy the exchange...unless you are doing so at HF.

Law Dawg (ret)
2015-08-19, 14:22
...get off my lawn surfer boy.

As a surfer I am offended. Mr. Rock, please ban this offensive poster immediately.

Nobody gets on my lawn and nobody gets hurt....:bandit:

Ewker
2015-08-19, 15:09
The point is that if the admin types there want to play word games with sig lines they should expect to have their feet held to the fire on both sides of the issue. Your sig was simply the first con side of the issue I saw...you certainly have the right, which I very much support, to quote any wrong headed idea you endorse. :aetsch:

P.S.
Nothing personal Uke...

so why did you report it? I feel pretty sure you weren't offended and did it for spite. There is no mention of god or buddha or muhammad or odin in it, which religion am I talking about? It could be about Jim Jones and his whacked out religion.

saimyoji
2015-08-19, 15:17
The Flying Spaghetti Monster.

Law Dawg (ret)
2015-08-19, 15:25
If the mods are going to nuke sigs that express Christian views then to be consistent they need to pole axe all sides of the issue. Matters not if the censorship is Christian or Buddhist the rule that applies to one religion applies to all, it also applies to sigs like yours. Yours was the first sig I saw that could be used to poke the mods for this silly censorship, could have been anybody. If this bothers you perhaps you will see that the admin of HF is who who modified the rules and began nuking Christian sigs...maybe direct your protest there. Unless you are saying you are OK with Christians only being muzzled and all other views (like yours) being allowed with no ability to respond by us...that your view?

"Religion" was the qualifier in Samuel's quote, it made no distinction and so was intended to be understood in the broadest sense. If you meant Jim Jones perhaps you could have clarified your position rather than using Twain's view and quote alone.

Ewker
2015-08-19, 17:13
you got your way. I was asked to change it and I did. You going to report it since it is on here?

Law Dawg (ret)
2015-08-20, 01:26
Having a tantrum Ewker? No, have a nice forever...transmission ends.

The fool has said in his heart, "There is no God." Psalm 14:1

SGT Rock
2015-08-20, 05:10
Lord lets not debate the BS over on HF here. In the words of Andy Griffith: "Buddy, have another drank..."

Superman
2015-08-20, 06:03
Thank god, everything from white blaze is evil. Just sayin.

Sargevining
2015-08-20, 08:48
Here's a little something for Ewker (http://hammockhangers.net/viewforum.php?f=55)

And I made another, too (http://hammockhangers.net/viewforum.php?f=22)
See?

That's how its done when you want to hear from everybody.

john pickett
2015-08-20, 21:51
I'm going to do Sarge and Dixie a favor. I'm going to keep my mouth shut.

Superman
2015-08-20, 22:31
I'm going to do Sarge and Dixie a favor. I'm going to keep my mouth shut.

I call bull shit. Just sayin.

john pickett
2015-08-21, 13:44
mmmm.

Ray
2015-09-16, 09:22
Anybody looking to hire an experienced geologist (https://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=AAEAAAU2daQBUZ8sExVP0z_V8lv2ygxSpfHrqVw&trk=miniprofile-primary-view-button) or want to endorse any of his many skills or expertise?

john pickett
2015-09-16, 10:15
Sorry, no Geo's to log here.

Ray
2015-09-16, 10:31
Well, frack you.

We should all endorse his public speaking skills. There was a poem (Robert Service?) about the Klondike gold rush he modified to fit the AT and he used to read it at every opportunity. He called his last thru-hike disaster attempt a success after he was filmed reading it at the AT HQ.

I don't know if the AT HQ people actually pressed the "Record" button or not.

SGT Rock
2015-09-16, 19:36
I remember something in his WB sig line about having the fortitude of Vikings.

saimyoji
2015-09-16, 19:49
I cant see it. Is it ms?

SGT Rock
2015-09-16, 19:54
Ding Ding Ding

saimyoji
2015-09-16, 21:13
Ooh...oohh...what do i win?

DesertReprobate
2015-09-16, 22:10

You get to hike with him for a month

saimyoji
2015-09-16, 22:20
Thats not winning...

...besides, i dont have that much tp.

Crikey
2015-09-17, 09:04
Thats not winning...

...besides, i dont have that much tp.

He'll carry the tp. You just need a giant tampon to put up with a giant douchebag.

Ray
2015-09-17, 18:49
He's currently between engagements, as they say. Perhaps he could teach. Have any openings at your school?

saimyoji
2015-09-17, 18:53
Nope. We are above our quota of douchebags.

Kanga
2015-09-18, 10:03

a lifetime supply of toilet paper

Superman
2015-09-18, 10:23
a lifetime supply of toilet paper

For some folks that would be a big win. On the other hand I thru hiked with a guy that didn't carry any tp to save pack weight. He relied on leaves from GA to ME. No shit.

Crikey
2015-09-18, 10:31
For some folks that would be a big win. On the other hand I thru hiked with a guy that didn't carry any tp to save pack weight. He relied on leaves from GA to ME. No shit.

That's a load of crap.

Superman
2015-09-18, 10:51
That's a load of crap.

I made no effort to validate the claim.

Crikey
2015-09-18, 12:08
That's a load of crap.

I made no effort to validate the claim.

The pun was intended. If someone claimed to me that they wiped their ass with leaves for over 2k miles, I'd take their word for it too.

john pickett
2015-09-19, 11:02
Just pray you never have to shake hands with him!

SGT Rock
2015-09-21, 00:27

No Shit?

Superman
2015-09-21, 05:16
We had a guy living in a camp trailer that save his poo and then brought it to the dump, The guys caught him and apparently theirs some kind of law or something against doing that. There's some things that I would assume wouldn't need a law. The fact that they needed a law to prevent folks from dumping poo in the dump and a law against eating human flesh gives me an icky feeling.

sheepdog
2015-09-21, 20:05
We had a guy living in a camp trailer that save his poo and then brought it to the dump, The guys caught him and apparently theirs some kind of law or something against doing that. There's some things that I would assume wouldn't need a law. The fact that they needed a law to prevent folks from dumping poo in the dump and a law against eating human flesh gives me an icky feeling.

You should work law enforcement...There is some really sick shit out there.

Superman
2015-09-21, 22:44
You should work law enforcement...There is some really sick shit out there.

You're saying the cops are sick?

john pickett
2015-09-22, 05:20
Maybe "sickened" is the word he's looking for.

sheepdog
2015-09-22, 11:08
One guy was found standing in a women's out house up to his knees in shit just to watch the girls pee.

Superman
2015-09-22, 11:21
One guy was found standing in a women's out house up to his knees in shit just to watch the girls pee.

Was that a cop?

SGT Rock
2015-09-22, 16:21

Did he sleep in there because he couldn't make it to the shelter?

sheepdog
2015-09-22, 16:40
Lol...