PDA

View Full Version : 'Other' hammock forum?

shadowmoss
2015-12-19, 18:52
My best friend is Turtle Lady. If any of you were on HammockForums you might remember that she came up with the original prototype of the Turtle tripod stand. Others took the idea and ran with it, which tickled her tremendously. Now, even though she gets notices that folks are posting on her old thread over there she can't get to the threads since she isn't a member anymore. I said I'd ask here if anyone knows the link to the new hammock message boards. She is interested to see what new ideas people have come up with on the stand.

My humble claim to fame is that I introduced her (stood over her while she tried the hammock I gave her) to hammock sleeping. She took it from there, and thus was born the first really viable travel/portable hammock stand.

Any help, or directions to info on the latest and greatest on the stand appreciated.

SGT Rock
2015-12-20, 05:49
Since the divorce started I haven't been there but I will look it up when I get a chance.

shadowmoss
2015-12-20, 11:16
Thanks.

Ewker
2015-12-20, 13:59
If her thread wasn't in the donating members only section she can still go to see it and comment on it. All she has to do is log out to the site. It cost nothing to be on www.hammockforums.net unless you want to donate to see the other sections.

I have no idea what the other hammock website is called. It was started by some disgruntled people who left the original site

rhjanes
2015-12-20, 16:08
The other site
HammockHangers.net (http://www.hammockhangers.net/) <<< click that.

shadowmoss
2015-12-21, 08:59
Thanks. I sent her the link. Looks kinda interesting. I don't hammock anymore, the cactus out here are not that great to hang from.

shadowmoss
2015-12-21, 09:14
Ewker: I also told her she can log out to get to the threads. I don't hang (ha ha) out there anymore, so couldn't help her with the issue.

Sargevining
2015-12-21, 09:36
If her thread wasn't in the donating members only section she can still go to see it and comment on it. All she has to do is log out to the site. It cost nothing to be on www.hammockforums.net unless you want to donate to see the other sections.

I have no idea what the other hammock website is called. It was started by some disgruntled people who left the original site

Actually, it started when one member was Banned For Life and a lot of people saw that as unfair, egregious, and emblematic of a new tone over there that put more emphasis on the political agenda and personal profit of the owner and political agendas of some of the moderators than on the original intent of the site. The process started almost two years to the day before the new site was started, as outlined here:

http://www.tothewoods.net/

sheepdog
2015-12-21, 17:17
A vegan, an atheist and a hammock hanger walk into a bar. We know that because they told everyone within 5 minutes.

hikerboy
2015-12-22, 21:42
A vegan, an atheist and a hammock hanger walk into a bar. We know that because they told everyone within 5 minutes.
Lol[emoji1]

Roche
2015-12-22, 22:31
A vegan, an atheist and a hammock hanger walk into a bar.

I'm a hanger that does not believe in vegetarianism.

Superman
2015-12-22, 22:52
I'm a hanger that does not believe in vegetarianism.

...but you hug trees...right?

SGT Rock
2015-12-22, 23:08
You forgot Cross fit. The first rule of Cross fit is to tell everyone about Cross fit. The second rule of Cross fit is TELL EVERYONE ABOUT CROSS FIT!

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

Roche
2015-12-22, 23:28
...but you hug trees...right?Only when I stagger out of the bar.

sheepdog
2015-12-23, 23:04
You forgot Cross fit. The first rule of Cross fit is to tell everyone about Cross fit. The second rule of Cross fit is TELL EVERYONE ABOUT CROSS FIT!

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

true dat