PDA

View Full Version : WTB bug bivy

Rosaleen
2016-04-23, 10:30
I'm looking for a used bug bivy, preferably a SMD Serenity Nettent or equivalent. Anyone want to sell his/hers? Rent with a deposit, even?

Thanks for looking!

Rosaleen

Kanga
2016-04-23, 13:13
rosaleen, i've got one. i can't remember what it is but it's only been used a couple of times. i won't be able to get to it for a couple of days, but i will pull it out and take pictures for you. i took it to the 100 mile and decided i was way too claustrophobic to ever use it again. it's yours if you want it.

Kanga
2016-04-26, 23:39
go lite. "vintage". lol. it's gonna cost you. (j/k)

Rosaleen
2016-04-27, 06:41
Hi, Kanga-

I don't know what happened to my last post. I typed it, but may have closed out before it actually "sent." Obviously, it is not here.

Thank you very much for your quick response and the effort of taking pictures. From your description of the bivy being claustrophobic for you, I guessed it was closer to the size of my Borah Gear bivy which touches my face and feet. THAT is closer to claustrophobic for me. Not so much claustrophobic to me as annoying, plus I don't know that I could escape it fast enough for a "nature call." Older people can't always delay these things well... 8-p

An offer came in from BackcountryGear.com for 20% off with free shipping on any item. They carry the Serenity Nettent which mates well with the Gatewood Cape. The site said to allow 7 business days for shipping and I am leaving early next week, so I bit on that offer and immediately signed in here to let you know.

Thank you again for responding quickly and for your efforts with the pictures. I'm very sorry that the message last Saturday was lost in virtual "space" so your efforts were in vain.

Cheers!

Rosaleen

warraghiyagey
2016-04-29, 00:23
rosaleen, i've got one. i can't remember what it is but it's only been used a couple of times. i won't be able to get to it for a couple of days, but i will pull it out and take pictures for you. i took it to the 100 mile and decided i was way too claustrophobic to ever use it again. it's yours if you want it.

and it worked really well protecting you from the deluge at Abol Bridge

Kanga
2016-04-29, 00:59
That was some bullshit. I Blame You.

Kanga
2016-04-29, 01:00
Though, on the upside, I know my camera floats.

warraghiyagey
2016-04-29, 01:11
Hahahaha :D