PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever fished for snakes?

huntinghippie
2016-07-25, 16:00
We almost got this eastern banded water snake to the bank but it was still fun. The kids thought it was so cool.
https://youtu.be/6Ve0A8_W7XU

Facebook: Zach Byrd Adventure Hour

Superman
2016-07-25, 17:23
That's great. I never tried to fish for snakes. When I was about 10 years old a bunch of us boys used to collect snakes from out in the fields. They were garter and black snakes mostly. My mother was deathly afraid of snakes. One day we'd collected maybe 30 small snakes. My friend Jimmie Cameron was carrying them in his right hand like they were a bouquet. They were standing up and sort of waiving back and forth. We walked into my house and Jimmie said "I brought you a bouquet Mrs. Thompson. My mother damn near died. She told that story for the rest of her life. Jimmie became the Chief of Police.:biggrin:

Wonder
2016-07-25, 21:48
I've fished with snakes....... Does that count?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

huntinghippie
2016-07-26, 09:15
That's great. I never tried to fish for snakes. When I was about 10 years old a bunch of us boys used to collect snakes from out in the fields. They were garter and black snakes mostly. My mother was deathly afraid of snakes. One day we'd collected maybe 30 small snakes. My friend Jimmie Cameron was carrying them in his right hand like they were a bouquet. They were standing up and sort of waiving back and forth. We walked into my house and Jimmie said "I brought you a bouquet Mrs. Thompson. My mother damn near died. She told that story for the rest of her life. Jimmie became the Chief of Police.[emoji3]
I bet your mother did nearly die haha. I'm not slightly afraid of snakes and that would have startled me! Still funny though haha.

huntinghippie
2016-07-26, 09:16
I've fished with snakes....... Does that count?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We'll give it to ya :-)

Tin Man
2016-08-03, 21:11
No, I never fished for snakes, but if you need bait, Hikerboy is a snakeoil salesman... I mean used car salesman... same thing.

hikerboy
2016-08-04, 09:28
No, I never fished for snakes, but if you need bait, Hikerboy is a snakeoil salesman... I mean used car salesman... same thing.
It's not snake oil.we call it "undercoating."

Tin Man
2016-08-04, 10:11

Oh yeah. I recall having to fight an 'undercoat' salesman years ago. He finally relented and deleted it from the price.

Crikey
2016-08-04, 10:16

These days is clear coat or powder coat or some crap like that, on the paint. I just went through that bull. It's put on at the factory and they don't tell you that it's a line item until you're going over the options - while you're negotiating, at the dealership.

Superman
2016-08-04, 11:12
These days is clear coat or powder coat or some crap like that, on the paint. I just went through that bull. It's put on at the factory and they don't tell you that it's a line item until you're going over the options - while you're negotiating, at the dealership.

All car salesmen are evil. Just sayin.

hikerboy
2016-08-04, 12:58
Total bs.straight out of"Fargo"

Crikey
2016-08-04, 13:09
Total bs.straight out of"Fargo"

BS on me or them?

hikerboy
2016-08-04, 13:35
BS on me or them?
It's no different than when dealer's tag on a destination charge it's already been built into the invoice

Crikey
2016-08-04, 14:17
It's no different than when dealer's tag on a destination charge it's already been built into the invoice

Yeah you are an ffing car salesman

Tin Man
2016-08-04, 16:15
This is how I have been buying new cars for the last 30 years:

1) Price the car and options I want locally.
2) On or near the last day of the month, call every dealer within 50 miles and say, "this is what I want, do you have it? [recent years, just check their inventory online] quote your best/lowest price and I will come with a deposit tomorrow."
3) I always find someone who gives me an excellent price, much lower than the local price I was quoted.
4) Ask my local dealer to match it or I am going to go to the guy where I found the price. I only had to make the remote dealer trip once and that was 30 years ago pre-internet.

I don't know if there may be a better way to get a lower price, but I have been happy with the results.

hikerboy
2016-08-04, 16:33
This is how I have been buying new cars for the last 30 years:

1) Price the car and options I want locally.
2) On or near the last day of the month, call every dealer within 50 miles and say, "this is what I want, do you have it? [recent years, just check their inventory online] quote your best/lowest price and I will come with a deposit tomorrow."
3) I always find someone who gives me an excellent price, much lower than the local price I was quoted.
4) Ask my local dealer to match it or I am going to go to the guy where I found the price. I only had to make the remote dealer trip once and that was 30 years ago pre-internet.

I don't know if there may be a better way to get a lower price, but I have been happy with the results.
TrueCar

sheepdog
2016-08-04, 19:24
I know a guy in New York..he takes care of things....

Superman
2016-08-04, 19:31
I know a guy in New York..he takes care of things....

I know a guy that knows a guy. I wonder if we know the same guy?

saimyoji
2016-08-04, 20:10
TrueCar

Their stock is up 7% today. Just sayin.

hikerboy
2016-08-04, 20:25
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2LLB9CGfLs

hikerboy
2016-08-04, 20:30
Their stock is up 7% today. Just sayin.

we signed up with them a few years ago, and i didnt really think it was getting results., so we dropped it.we resigned this past January, and we've been doing well.
the industry is going more and more to complete transparency on pricing of new cars, which is bad for dealers but great for the consumer.
easch dealer is allowed to set their own pricing based on invoice. when the customer submits an inquiry through TrueCar, participating dealers send out offers based on the pricing structure they submitted to truecar. the customer gets to see what prices each dealer is willing to sell the same car for, do his homework on the dealer itself, and make his decions based on that info.
having said that, i will insist, the best deal is not always the lowest price.

Superman
2016-08-04, 20:32
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2LLB9CGfLs

Holy crap that salesman in the movie is Hikerboy. How weird is that, by golly.

hikerboy
2016-08-04, 20:35
Holy crap that salesman in the movie is Hikerboy. How weird is that, by golly.
It does bear an uncanny resemblance
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160804/d230f7d0e55f6d2c27d7b26337f11690.jpg

Superman
2016-08-04, 20:42
Obviously the same person. True coat freak.

Crikey
2016-08-04, 21:21
Oh the irony. The subject is fishing for snakes and look what it's turned into.

hikerboy
2016-08-04, 21:35

i can knock another $100 off the truecoat

Superman
2016-08-04, 21:49

See, we stayed on topic...this time.

saimyoji
2016-08-04, 22:32
Who's gonna end up in the chipper?

Crikey
2016-08-05, 09:45
Who's gonna end up in the chipper?

https://media.giphy.com/media/KL7I5MXrcvezC/giphy.gif