PDA

View Full Version : Hello again

toecutter1978
2017-01-10, 19:28
Well it has been a long while since I've been on here. So I might as well re-introduce myself. I love soup sandwiches, playing with ants, and getting confused easily. As I am currently pursuing a career as a professional student, my expeditions have been limited to day and weekend trips. Also one more thing about me, to show my support, I friended my daughter on Tinder. I swiped up. See ya on the trail.

Scouts out.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

sheepdog
2017-01-11, 08:05
Howdy..

Superman
2017-01-11, 11:03
Well it has been a long while since I've been on here. So I might as well re-introduce myself. I love soup sandwiches, playing with ants, and getting confused easily. As I am currently pursuing a career as a professional student, my expeditions have been limited to day and weekend trips. Also one more thing about me, to show my support, I friended my daughter on Tinder. I swiped up. See ya on the trail.

Scouts out.

So are you a PHd now or still working on your AS.

toecutter1978
2017-01-11, 11:13
So are you a PHd now or still working on your AS.
AS still. Graduation in the fall 2018(if all things fall in place) I had to take a sabbatical from school for a semester. Currently holding a workstudy position in the regional VA office. I'm excellent at fetching reams of paper and coffee. Oh also scanning, I'm a wizard at the scanner also. Now helping Veterans, that's the end game. :-)

toecutter1978
2017-01-11, 11:14
Finally Tapatalk works for me. Purchased a new phone. The pixel is awesome by the way. I will never go back to an iPhone

Superman
2017-01-11, 11:25
AS still. Graduation in the fall 2018(if all things fall in place) I had to take a sabbatical from school for a semester. Currently holding a workstudy position in the regional VA office. I'm excellent at fetching reams of paper and coffee. Oh also scanning, I'm a wizard at the scanner also. Now helping Veterans, that's the end game. :-)

Are you helping fellow veterans because you were board as a cav scout?

john pickett
2017-01-11, 12:30
Glad to welcome another VA employee.

Superman
2017-01-11, 12:39

He may not be a VA employee....he said he's actually helping vets.

toecutter1978
2017-01-11, 12:58
Are you helping fellow veterans because you were board as a cav scout?
Hahaha! Trying, ad you know there is so much need and so little help.

toecutter1978
2017-01-11, 12:59
Not fully, yet. Just a workstudy. I have to do finish school then get hired.

Superman
2017-01-11, 13:19
Hahaha! Trying, ad you know there is so much need and so little help.

I was a volunteer counselor at the West Haven VAMC Counseling Psychology Dept when I was in college. It was beyond stupid. The Freudian fuck ups kept dismissing Vietnam Veterans issues to father, mother or anything other than the war. I've personally witnessed malpractice and incompetence of the VA since 1968. It's not isolated to the shrinks. Our young vets need jobs, the VA has a backlog of claims, the not good in many depts. and it's systemic. Any complaints are met with massive piles of bogus statistics. They've cooked their books for so long they have no idea what the truth is. Trump's new guy may be the last effort at unfucking the VA. They've killed more of my peers than Vietnam did using medical care from the bottom shelf.

toecutter1978
2017-01-11, 22:11
I was a volunteer counselor at the West Haven VAMC Counseling Psychology Dept when I was in college. It was beyond stupid. The Freudian fuck ups kept dismissing Vietnam Veterans issues to father, mother or anything other than the war. I've personally witnessed malpractice and incompetence of the VA since 1968. It's not isolated to the shrinks. Our young vets need jobs, the VA has a backlog of claims, the not good in many depts. and it's systemic. Any complaints are met with massive piles of bogus statistics. They've cooked their books for so long they have no idea what the truth is. Trump's new guy may be the last effort at unfucking the VA. They've killed more of my peers than Vietnam did using medical care from the bottom shelf.

That's what I want to help change in my small way. I know I'm just a very small cog in the machine, as we all were in the Army and other Branches. If we keep chipping away at the mountain together; we can come up with better ideas to help improve the lives of our brothers and sisters that need assistance.

Superman
2017-01-11, 22:38
That's what I want to help change in my small way. I know I'm just a very small cog in the machine, as we all were in the Army and other Branches. If we keep chipping away at the mountain together; we can come up with better ideas to help improve the lives of our brothers and sisters that need assistance.

I've been going to the VA since 68. I have seen many come and go thinking that they would make a difference. If you read the history of the VA it has always been corrupt. I had hopes that Trump's appointee might get the job done but he is talking that it will take a long time. That won't work with the VA problems. Extreme changes is the only approach to breaking the defense mechanisms of the VA. Best of luck in your efforts.