PDA

View Full Version : Med/trauma kit

toecutter1978
2017-01-14, 09:51
So this is where I tend to roll heavy. I don't even weight my crude anymore because I know it's a battleship anchor on my back. All I am missing now is a cardiac imiginging device and a few liters of whole blood and I can perform open heart surgery in the backwoods TODAY. I need to cut my kit down drastically. Dragging it around prepared for some worse case scenarios is good in all, but not when you are lugging around General Hospital. So what do you justify carrying and not? Anything out of the ordinary, like I carry two combat tourniquets and some quikclot. Also a blood pressure cuff.

toecutter1978
2017-01-14, 09:57
I know I need to drop my battle field surgery kit. I will keep the suture needles just in case. They came in handy not only for a nasty cut before, but sewing up a rip in a tent. Double usage

sheepdog
2017-01-14, 21:23
I have duct tape.

Big Mac
2017-01-14, 21:52
I have reduced my first aid kit when I backpack to a few ibuprofen and a prescription painkiller or two. Other than that I have a bandana and duct tape. Don't see much need for anything else.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

toecutter1978
2017-01-16, 10:41
I keep having the mindset of going out on mission. I remember dealing with severe constipation while trekking south to north in Iraq during the invasion. This leading to compaction; and having your Battle dig shit out of you is not something that the most buds ever think they will have to do for a friend. This is just one of many reasons I need to change that over preparedness mindset. I went and purchased a smaller first aid pouch thinking I would just utilize what I could stick in that. Well it's plum full, brick solid...

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Lugnut
2017-01-16, 13:27
More than we needed to know! :afraid:

toecutter1978
2017-01-16, 15:30
More than we needed to know! :afraid:
Looking back on that post, yeah it is. Can't take it back now. Lol

Lugnut
2017-01-16, 17:08
Just pullin' your chain..... :aetsch:

Superman
2017-01-16, 17:20
Just pullin' your chain..... :aetsch:

Pull chain for more poop stories. :)

john pickett
2017-01-17, 13:36
I think I'll pass on the chain, thanks. I have a small assortment of self adhesive bandages, vaseline jelly in a small container, an ace wrap, pepto bismol tabs, Aleve, a tiny bar of soap and a small piece of micro fiber towel.

Superman
2017-01-17, 14:08

I've got lot's of poop stories. From 66 to 68 I was either bound up solid or had high pressure squirts...the kind you could kill a VC with. Some times we had a shit box and some times we went natures way. We had a perimeter around a ville we were going to go into at first light. Bobby had to take a dump so he went outside the perimeter for some quality time. There was a rise that he went out passed and disappeared. Later he said he really had to go so he was on a mission. Just as he drops his pants here comes a ox cart with three VC. So he yanks up his pants and takes them prisoner. Then he walks them back over the rise to us. We assume control over the ox cart hauling weapons to this VC village. Bobby disappeared to finish his mission. I love shit stories with happy endings. :)

toecutter1978
2017-01-17, 20:38
Back in early 2001, Operation Desert Spring. We are in Northern Kuwait guarding these huge oil derricks and containers. Just desert for miles around, nothing to do but make up outrageous stories and see how many times you could jerk off in a set amount of time, typical soldiering. So when some bedouins showed up, it was party central for our platoon. We traded for stuff and then some food, we were getting tired of eating rations. So after some time they said their goodbyes and we parted ways. Some time later I'm squatting over a cat hole doing my business when I feel something different. Something tickled my balloon knot, and it wasn't a finger. I look down and I have a few whitish string things hanging out of me!! I'm like WTF!! So like a good soldier I grab these butt invaders and tug, thinking it must be some strings from my uniform. Nope, they were inside me and did not want to come out without a fight. After a few forceful tugs, the turd burglars came out; longer than I thought! So I walked back to our gathering spot and when everybody started coming in I told them of my little hitchhikers. Then one by one most of the others mentioned they had the same uninvited guests. So our Platoon Sergeant calls command and advises upper of the intestinal invasion. Few days later we finally get treated for worms.

Superman
2017-01-17, 21:30
That's cool...having pets is good. At various times we had amoebic dysentery, parasites and leeches. I saw leeches over 6" long. When we'd make an NDP somebody would put a shit box in a central location. Just a box over a hole. It was often a two holer. Barb wire, claymores and toe poppers were nice but it varied. They wanted up to have holes with overhead cover but every night was an adventure. If guys had dysentery they were lucky if they could get out of the hole in time. Leaving some on the ground in front of the hole for Charlie to crawl through was nice. These two guys were in a hole and one of them had the shits. Charlie attacked so the one guy just drops his pants and shits while he shoots. Shit was flying...literally. Ah, the old days.

sheepdog
2017-01-18, 07:22
If you're making your rounds in prison and see poop in the shower, it's not a good thing....

Superman
2017-01-18, 08:51
If you're making your rounds in prison and see poop in the shower, it's not a good thing....

Does that mean some prison romance occurred?

toecutter1978
2017-01-18, 11:06
Isn't that like an everyday affair? Nothing to see here just the usual

DesertReprobate
2017-01-18, 12:28
We had a nutter one time that used poop to make a set of chess pieces.

toecutter1978
2017-01-18, 13:04
We had a nutter one time that used poop to make a set of chess pieces.
Now that is creative. Bet he won every game

Superman
2017-01-18, 13:38
Now that is creative. Bet he won every game

The game stunk.