PDA

View Full Version : Need a replacement fixed blade

toecutter1978
2017-02-28, 00:58
So I am wanting to replace my Grayman Ground Pounder. Before I toss down the $200 for another; I figure I'd ask to see what other options are out there. For you that don't know what that is here is a link:

http://www.graymanknives.com/store1/Ground-Pounder-p52482666

6" blade, 12" overall. The size is not set in stone, just around these measurements.

I require a chisel grind, I find sharping this in the field easier and I like how it cuts. A finger choil to choke up on when needed. A full thang, with lanyard hole.

Priced either same or lower if possible. If it's more, especially a production knife, the grayman are custom jobs.

Also able to take a beating, as I am not nice. I don't mind giving Mike(the owner of Grayman knives) some more of my business, but I just want to see if there is anything else out there that I might be missing out on.

Thank you

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Superman
2017-02-28, 04:59
So I am wanting to replace my Grayman Ground Pounder. Before I toss down the $200 for another; I figure I'd ask to see what other options are out there. For you that don't know what that is here is a link:

http://www.graymanknives.com/store1/Ground-Pounder-p52482666

6" blade, 12" overall. The size is not set in stone, just around these measurements.

I require a chisel grind, I find sharping this in the field easier and I like how it cuts. A finger choil to choke up on when needed. A full thang, with lanyard hole.

Priced either same or lower if possible. If it's more, especially a production knife, the grayman are custom jobs.

Also able to take a beating, as I am not nice. I don't mind giving Mike(the owner of Grayman knives) some more of my business, but I just want to see if there is anything else out there that I might be missing out on.

Thank you

It's very pretty. The knife I carry while hiking is about 1.5" long. Mostly I use it for stubborn packaging. I have substituted a small pair of scissors. I also don't carry a gun but it has been useful when Sheepdog does.

sheepdog
2017-02-28, 08:09
I love knives but have never owned an expensive one. I have a Schrade for general purposes. For a pistol I prefer a Glock.

toecutter1978
2017-02-28, 09:21
Yeah I like gear. I love blades. Glocks are nice, they are the perfect carry. They have known flaws that can be adjusted for. Readily available everywhere, and easy to work on. Also, if used in a shooting, you won't be heartbroken as much when they have it sitting in an evidence locker and you finally get it back rusted up as you would a more expensive firearm.

sheepdog
2017-02-28, 11:23
Money doesn't necessarily reflect quality. I shoot 2-3k rounds through my Glock each year. It doesn't jam and it hits what I'm shooting at. Most of the cops in this country use a Glock for a reason.

Elder
2017-02-28, 21:01
Randall. www.randallknives.com

toecutter1978
2017-03-01, 09:12
Money doesn't necessarily reflect quality. I shoot 2-3k rounds through my Glock each year. It doesn't jam and it hits what I'm shooting at. Most of the cops in this country use a Glock for a reason.

That's true. The platform is reliable.