PDA

View Full Version : Testing Testing 1-2-3

Streamweaver
2004-07-03, 00:11
Just testing the system -looks diferent thats fer sure!! Streamweaver

attroll
2004-07-03, 00:19
It looks different because after he got it repaired from the hackers he had to upgrade to get ride of the back door.

Lone Wolf
2004-07-03, 00:21
Whoa! New look. Just back from the Damascus 4th of July on the 2nd celebration.

Streamweaver
2004-07-03, 00:22
Yeah,I figured it was something like that. It looks good!! Ill never understand what people get outa doing things like Hacking and viruses!!

SGT Rock
2004-07-03, 00:51
Yeah,I figured it was something like that. It looks good!! Ill never understand what people get outa doing things like Hacking and viruses!!

This now looks like some florists board with all the lavender, purple and such. Don't even get me started about thos damn hackers. I traced them down to Saudi Arabia, but no further.

dixicritter
2004-07-03, 01:20
Geez, guess this would be a bad time to say I thought the color was pretty cool....LOL. :D

brian
2004-07-03, 01:23
Geez, guess this would be a bad time to say I thought the color was pretty cool....LOL. :D

:eek: Uht oh...looks like a battle for command?!?:eek:

dixicritter
2004-07-03, 01:25
:eek: Uht oh...looks like a battle for command?!?:eek:

Oh yeah right.... He'll listen to me.... NOT! LOL ;)

Streamweaver
2004-07-03, 02:14
I see some of that hunter green is working its way back into the picture! Sorry Dixicritter but I do likes the green! LOL

ridgerunner
2004-07-03, 09:28
This now looks like some florists board with all the lavender, purple and such. Don't even get me started about thos damn hackers. I traced them down to Saudi Arabia, but no further.

Kinda make you want a new assignment? ;) Good job getting the site back up. And the colors aren't that bad really.
You #1 GI.

SGT Rock
2004-07-03, 12:47
The colors aren't the only thing changing.

smokymtnsteve
2004-07-03, 13:33

well thank you rock...I work some in the floral industry and I drive a purple, some say abergine, automobile.

SGT Rock
2004-07-03, 19:15
I'm still plugging away at it.

To paraphrase Jimmy Buffet: "Don't ever start a website!"

Streamweaver
2004-07-03, 19:24
Oh yeah ! I see ya got the campfire at the top of the page lit again!! Cant see anything else thats changed yet,besides the color ,but then it could be something right in front of me and that dont neccesarily mean Ill see it right away.LOL Streamweaver

SGT Rock
2004-07-03, 19:56
Well the software is updated, now I need to get the new frontpage fixed up for my site

Streamweaver
2004-07-04, 21:17
Sarge,I did notice a couple things on your homepage, At the top right the box that says Welcome and it has that thing for Avatar and user cp ,it is covering most of that Messege that says Listen up you dirtbag sissies... But this might just mean I have to change my settings to view it properly ,so Im gonna try that next. Also the calander is reading 1 day ahead,it says the 5th . Otherwise it looks good!! Streamweaver

Streamweaver
2004-07-04, 21:28
Nevermind about the calandar Sarge ,I suddenly remembered that I had that problem on white blaze(wrong time and date showing) and it turned out my preferences just needed to be set ,Attroll fixed it fer me. Apparently it is July,5 in Western Europe lol ,So if anybody else has problems with the wrong date or time showing ,go into your user cp and set it. Streamweaver

SGT Rock
2004-07-05, 02:15
I'm working on the sizing problem. I can't figure out the solution quite yet though.

Streamweaver
2004-07-05, 02:35
Sarge,I think the sizing issue is on my end too because I changed the display settings on my puter and That box was over to the right so I could see everything the way it should be ,except the typing and everything was way to small for me to read. I think I just plain need to get a bigger monitor.The one I have now is 640x480 pixels I think thats just to small. I wonder if others are having the same problem . Streamweaver

blackdog
2004-07-05, 04:09
The front page looks weird for me. What should be a sideline is a pagewide box, stuff like that.

I'm using Mandrake Linux with the mozilla-based Epiphany browser (for the Gnome desktop environment) to view the page, which means the page is probably problematic in other Netscape-related browsers. Will try it with my collegue's windows box later, to be sure. Has anyone tried the new front page in Opera?

Pappyhighlife
2004-07-05, 11:54
Glad to see you back up Top Soldier. Had us a little worried.

I guess you are secure as can be for now. I just got rid of the PC nav malware, took me three days, what a chore!

Say, if you get a chance, can you address this IRR personnel issue. We have been talking about that and the upcoming draft. I always thought we had about 10 combat Div, we are only using 3 with the remainder reserve and NG.
Are they saying the remaining 7 are not enough? I was on Military.com and it seems to be strongly debated. But no real numbers are being shown.

Figured you might have some insight..... Thanks Pappy

SGT Rock
2004-07-05, 13:09
First about the site. For some reason the java navagation menu and the vB software aren't liking each other, at least not in Netscape.

As to the 10 division. I'm not a total expert, but here is what I think I know:

1 Division is in Korea (2 ID), they will soon be available for Iraq, at least a part of them
2 Divisions in Germany. The 1st ID is now in Iraq or going - they recently were on the Balkins mission that the US has now pulled out of. The 1AD has rotated out of Iraq after a year so they can pull them back
1 Division (3ID) that is scheduled to go in January
1 Division (4th ID) that just got back to the states in April after a year there.
3 Divisions (82nd, 101st, 10th Mountain) that are split up on ultiple missions such as Afganistan, Iraq, and rotation home for re-fit. I really am not sure how they are doing this, but I assume they are using an internal brigade rotation.
1 Division (1st Cav) just went over there to replace 1AD.
1 Division (25th) is the Hawaii base division, I am not sure what they are doing.

Everyone in those elements is busy. Now to the seperate units like the Cavalry Regiments:
2 ACR in the process of getting the rest of the boys home.
3 ACR got home in April
11 ACR the OPFOR in NTC
1/509th the OPFOR in Polk is being gutted for AD replacements. NG units will take over and backfill the unit, the HQ is staying intact.
Ash&Trash - a lot of units are being gutted. I taked to a retired 1SG friend at Knox, the Armor School's NCOs are being taken out for replacements, a lot of the instruction that was once done by NCOs are now being done by retired military.
SF and Ranger - busy and growing whenever they can.

About 1991 or 92 the decision was made under Bush I to reduce the force from right around 800,000 (Army) to about 450,000 (Army) most of those cuts were made in the CS (Combat Support) and CSS (Combat Service Support) units and keep as much of the AD training base and support base around just to support a 10 division Army. This was like changing your car insurance to have a $4,000 deductable, it saves a lot of money on the average, but when a war happens you have to dig into your savings and hope that investment paid off. In this case it was that you didn't have to pay 400,000 soldiers full time pay for the last 12 years and the maintenance and training funds for the last 12 years were supposed to be the "peace dividend" to help poor Americans with social programs, etc. So now the collision has happened and the NG/Reserves are being used like they haven't been since WWII.

IMHO the draft is a very bad idea and we don't need it. It would only make the situation worse for the military. What we need is a full time army of about 600,000 and about 12 Divisions. We also need to get rid if Donald Rumsfled (sorry if you are a fan of his) but keep guys like GEN Schoomaker in there so we can weed out the "Kinder, Gentler Army" mentality.

Now back to fixing my site.

Pappyhighlife
2004-07-05, 14:56
Thanks for all the detail, it will help with all the questions I get from folks under 30 Years old, that are wondering about all this. Good stuff. It will help alot.

Thanks for taking time outta your day to respond, I know you are busy.

blackdog
2004-07-05, 15:24
things work now. ...I can fix the buttons, if you like.

dixicritter
2004-07-05, 15:35
things work now. ...I can fix the buttons, if you like.

SGT Rock asked me to tell ya that he'd be very grateful if you really want to take on fixing the buttons for us. I've tried (see the edit button, that was me...LOL) just can't seem to get the color overlay right. He'll get with you as soon as he can about those buttons. Thank you! :)

blackdog
2004-07-05, 16:41
i'm on icq during swedish business hours. (central european time zone)

nice talking to the better half... ;) hiya!

smokymtnsteve
2004-07-07, 10:30
look good and works for me and I IE and a ole POS computer... :D

SGT Rock
2004-07-07, 13:29
Looking into it, if you are running an old POS on windows and IE you may be better off than some of the newer users because of an issue that arose between Sun and Microsloth. If you are having problems try this link:

http://www.java.com/en/download/windows_automatic.jsp

Later tonight I will add a link to the fix under the navigation applet as a permanent fix for those with issues.

smokymtnsteve
2004-07-13, 00:36
I like my puters just like I like me and eddie like our old trucks

http://www.abbeyweb.net/articles/amyb/idrove.html