PDA

View Full Version : I'm New Here

hotelseven
2004-08-09, 19:50
Hello all. Just thought I'd say hello as this is my first post here. Looks like a great site! Looking forward to sharing info, stories, etc with everyone.

See ya!

SGT Rock
2004-08-09, 20:24
Welcome to the Campfire.

Streamweaver
2004-08-09, 22:28
Hello all. Just thought I'd say hello as this is my first post here. Looks like a great site! Looking forward to sharing info, stories, etc with everyone.

See ya!

Howdy,welcome to the site. What other handle do you go by cause Ive seen your pics before ,recently(you had the link on another site,Backpacking.net maybe?) Really nice pics!! Streamweaver

hotelseven
2004-08-09, 22:44
Hey there. I am on a couple other sites, but the handle is the same. I keep updating the site with new pics as they come.....

Thanks for the hello!

Sgt.Krohn
2004-08-09, 23:45
hotelseven- great ta have ya join us
I'm fairly new to the board myself.
..really enjoyed you pix- great stuff...

ridgerunner
2004-08-11, 09:34
Hi Hotelseven. I don't get to spend a whole lotta time on the internet but I get to check in every so often. I've learned a lot of very useful stuff from Sarge's site. I'd never even heard of the "ultralite hiking" concept before I found this site. I was still hiking with my old army mummy bag.

Pappyhighlife
2004-08-12, 14:53
Glad to see you on board Hotelseven. This is the best site for learning and helping out there. I met survivalist types, Tree huggers and all in between here. Though we stand on different sides of the fence once in awhile, I always come out with an education. When I get stuck on something, I can always get a good answer here.

You will be outta the mummy bag and in a Hammock before too long..<<..>>

Werewuss
2004-08-20, 13:45
I'm just another newby but I'm happy to make y'all's acquaintance and I look forward to looking around the site and learning from you guys.

fatmatt
2004-08-23, 18:06
Wow nice pictures! Glad to see you here!

Streamweaver
2004-08-23, 20:14
I'm just another newby but I'm happy to make y'all's acquaintance and I look forward to looking around the site and learning from you guys.

Howdy,Welcome aboard!! Streamweaver

skysappr
2004-09-10, 02:41
Welcome to both the newbies who posted since hotel seven. Like the others have said, this is a really good site to visit and post to. Alot can be learned as I have learned. I started out trying to lower my packweight two years ago when I learned of this site and other sites similar. I have applied alot that I have learned and now wait to get some decent time off to excercise it a bit more than the confines of the desert I live in. I started out with a pack I purchased in Korea, a heavy magic heat alcohol stove, a uncoated nylon tarp etc. Now I have several home made items including one of SGT Rocks stoves that works very well, a pack and solo tent. My beginning base pack weight was around 18 pounds and in the past couple of years since starting I am now just under 10 if I don't carry an umbrella. Some of my gear can be seen at my homepage.
http://home.earthlink.net/~skysappr/skysapprsultralightbackpacking/index.html

Once again welcome and happy hiking.
Skysappr