NEWS: 21 1900 NOV 2002
I did a couple more updates. Based on HOI's input, I have made a section of printer friendly recipes and have included a ramen and potato recipe I have been remiss in adding for quite some time.
I've also updated the Moonbow Gearskin review with the information on my new sil-nylon Gearskin. The new Gearskin is a little lighter, and has some improvements.
Lastly, I have updated the Nunatak Back Country Blanket page. It is something I should have done a while back, but I forgot it was behind until I recently looked at it.
I'll be leaving Saturday for vacation and will be back around the 1st of December.
NEWS: 16 1000 NOV 2002
I have been updating some stuff, mostly minor fixes. But I went through and updated the Brasslite Stove Review. Aaron Rosenbloom has changed his line up slightly - for the best:
1. The old Solo is now called the Micro. It comes without a simmer ring and is intended for gram weenies that have minimum cooking requirements - boil and eat basics.
2. The old Duo is now called the Solo. It comes with the simmer ring and is intended for either a solo hiker wanting fancier cooking, or a couple with minimal cooking requirements.
3. A new stove is being introduced (I hope to get one for testing) called the Duo, it will be slightly larger, have a simmer ring and is designed to be used by two people wanting fancy cooking ability.
I've also been catching up on e-mail. If I haven't answered an e-mail from you in a couple of weeks, I'm getting to it - I SWEAR!
NEWS: 15 2130 NOV 2002
Notification of the new stuff completed for tonight.
1. Fixes on the Food Page.
4. Update the review page.
I have started the Lazerbrite Review and the Hennessy Explorere A-Sym Ultralight Review.
NEWS: 15 1730 NOV 2002
First of all, my condolences to the families of the two soldiers killed yesterday here. It saddens all of us anytime we loose our comrades.
On to Web Site business.
This isn't really an update, just a notice that I'm back from the field and have started working on some updates:
1. Minor edits thanks to HOI.
2. Some links to cool sites and a couple of very good journals.
3. Printer friendly stove instructions so you can build them in your shop instead of your computer (Thanks again to HOI).
4. And I'm starting on a review for the Lazerbrite as well as the Hennessy Explorer A-Sym Ultralight.
Just letting you know I'm adding more information and back to work.
The field was fun by the way.
All dates are done in military day/time group. Example:
20 1945 OCT 2000
This means 20 (20th day) 1945 (7:45 PM) OCT (October) 2000 (year 2000). Hope this clears up any confusion.